where is earth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zoomonkey
just a general star wars guestion, but where is earth during all this? during the movies we see mostly humans but not one character has ever mentioned earth. it may be common knowlegde to the more educated star wars fan, but i have no idea. seems odd to me.

yerssot
it's in a galaxy far far away zoomonkey, as said in every movie in the beginning wink
and also a long time ago big grin

General Kaliero
Long, LONG ago (In a galaxy far, far away)... Lucas' version of "Once upon a time..."

zoomonkey
is that it? there isn't a better explination other than "it's just a story".

yerssot
no, look at the start of every movie, in every movie it starts with the BLUE letters:
A long time ago...
in a galaxy far, far away...

earth isn't around there, wrong galaxy

cookies2006
Good enough for me.

zoomonkey
well i've seen the movies and am familiar with the intros. all that boils down to though is "this is a fairytale". it still bothers me that most of the characters are human yet there is never any mention of the humans home planet. i guess all star wars is is just a fairytale. a story for amusment that one shouldn't read into.

yerssot
you mean it's not real???? stick out tongue

Corran
Of course it's real.

yerssot
thanks corran smile

Corran
No worries.

Ushgarak
The human's home planet is Coruscant! Almost certainly!

But yes, wrong Galaxy for Earth, obviously.

Corran
Humans are also from Corellia.

yerssot
and alderaan smile

Corran
Didn't we blow that place up?

yerssot
one survived mad

zoomonkey
my point was meant sarcastically. i just have the sort of mind that likes to put things in their place and reason through problems, and if i can't place the humans with earth it becomes a conundrum to me. there's humans but no earth, i just don't get it even if it is a fairytale.

yerssot
who ever said humans originally came from earth?

Member.
earth in the milky way galaxy 10million light years away. star wars is real because the light from the city-planet just reached this galaxy and the light from all the laser weapons just reached here. the human home planet is probably the city-planet thing.

Crash_Overload
Most Of the characters are human because Most of the recruited aliens would be paid using earth currency because the simple nickel, bronze and silver based objects have no real value and can not be traded for high value imperial credits.

Julie
uh ok........I rather like it on earth...the aliens can stay right where they are

KidRock
do you think the earth people will ever find this galaxy?!

If i ever met up with a jedi i would like to see him deflect one of my bullets from my m16 with his lightsaber

yerssot
doubt it, too far away, it already takes us years to reach Alpha Centauri!

sk8stuff09
the planet they live on is proboly some paralell planet in a paralell universe...there technology is high!

Rogue Jedi
an m 16 or a 12 gauge

Bicnarok
Well since the Human race has been spread throughout the universe in seven different directions after we were created star wars is obviously one of these. Thae fact which worries me is that 6 of the colony are of one race except earth wich has many races mixed. How come the Star wars univers has also mixed races???

Or is star wars fantasy? maybe

imhotep
This is the most ridiculous thread I ever read, right next to:
When did the War of the rings took place? And where in Europe is Middle-Earth? And why do I have a strange itchy feeling in the back of my head just like if I had a plug there?
An M-16 against a LightSabre? How American of you! Didn't you see the MAtrix? The force is like that thing Neo does with the bullets, they would stop them in their path, duh! So, if Neo has Jedi-like powers is he like the first of the Jedis on Earth, and is Coruscant in the Matrix?

GABRIEL05
Well I think Lucas was having trouble finding capable actors from other galaxies... roll eyes (sarcastic) .

Soooo lets look at this pragmatically. It would take a lot of money to put every actor in a movie in convincing costume and makeup. Besides using humans adds a more intimate feel. It just allows you connect more with the characters. The human ones at least. Apropos your concern about a human homeplanet, it is said in Star Wars encyclopedia's that the true human homeworld is unknown.

APROPOS!!! INTIMATE!! PRACMATICALLY!!

Rogue Jedi
neo is not a jedi....not even close.....

finti
beneath your feet roll eyes (sarcastic)

imhotep
But he sure is strong with the force...

Rogue Jedi
no he isnt. neo has powers that arent real.he imagines these powers. he sits in a chair and someone plugs him into the matrix, where it is like lala land. anything goes, while the actual neo is aboard a spaceship. in my opinion, neo has no real gifts, just a good imagination.

imhotep
What is real?
And, more importantly, would Lawrence Fishburne make a better Mace Windu? AAAAHHHH!!!!
Give that man a light sabre...

Rogue Jedi
real is when you can see and touch it while NOT being plugged into a computer. the matrix is simply VR on a bigger scale.

imhotep
Thanks, I didn't knew that, NOT!
Your senses can deceive you, reach out with your feelings...

Not everything is as you perceive it...

finti
this thread is pointless and finito

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.