How Old?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
How old were you all when you first got addicted to Star Wars? For me it was when I was 11.

Jedimaster3838
Believe it or not, originally I didn't like Star Wars. I was a little kid when I first saw them and it wasn't until I was about 12 or 13 that I really started to get into it.

Dim
Hmmm, the first time, 4 years old...the second time around...25.

queeq
ANH: 8
ESB+ANH rerelease: 11
ROTH: 14

queeq out

Ratcat
8 years old when I saw ANH

Gundark
14 years old when I say ANH. Totally mind-bogglingly, unbelievely, incredulously, phantasmagorically, (pathetically) hooked since. smokin'

Xizor
-3 when ANH came out, I always loved the movies when I was little, but only as a casual fan. We'd watch them all the time on rainy days in elementary school. I wasn't hooked untill the new merchandise and Ep1 rumors came out in 1995 when I was 14-15.

King Jedi
I was 5. This sounds really sad but I used to watch Star Wars everyday!! I had a tape which my mum used to tape cartoons for me when I was at school. At the start of the tape was the action scenes from Star Wars. So everyday I'd rewind the tape to the start, watch Star Wars and then cartoons. I was hooked from then on but I can't remember the first time I saw it.

Xizor
When I was little I can't remember watching SW's outside of school. I watched Goonies, Secret of NIMH, Batman and Charlottes Web all the time.

Ratcat
When I was little, and ANH came out home VCR's didn;t exist. sad

I remember being 9 and wanting to by ANH on 8mm film from the comic book.

UnknownBountyHunter
For me it had to be when I was in the USA the first OR second time, I am unsure. I dunno, its to hard for me, you do the math stick out tongue (Teens or 20's)

Darth Daft
I think I was about 8 when I first saw ANH and I really loved it, so I ended up seeing the sequels. From then on I was a big fan.

Dim
I called the Bith musicians Dead Baby Heads when I was little...I thought they were gross.

queeq
That's .... so morbid, Dim.

Yep, no VCR's when I saw TPM. I tried to read the English language novel when I was ten!!!! It was all I had, and it had great pictures. And then I read it again when I was 11 with a dictionary at my side. I got by in English when I was 12 without ever having had a lesson.

When SW finally came out on video I rented them taped them on a audio cassette and listen to it on my walkman. I was 14 or so. I knew the movies by heart, well the sound at least. A true SW nutter, I know.

queeq out

Jedi Mercenary
to tell you the truth, I can't remember. I remember my brother had a lot of sw toys, and that I got ANH and ESB mixed up( I thought Luke saw Ben in the sand, not the snow)

Xizor
When I was little I thought it was called the Emperor strikes back because when we watched in school we always watched the youngewr audience movies like ANH and Jedi. Empire was almost never watched so all I remembered from it was snow and the hologram emperor. Thats probably why it's my favorite film today.smile

UnknownBountyHunter
I liked ESB because Hoth has always been my favorite planet. *hence the snow* smile

Ratcat
I remember being at the theatre waiting to se ANH and I went to the loo and got lost and ended up in the theatre. I actually saw the Death Star destroyed before I saw the movie...

Gundark
Bummer, RC...how did you ever recover ???

Ratcat
He, I was eight and didn't even know what I'd just seen. I bounced back pretty quickly, I think it bwas around the time my mom bought the popcorn actually! laughing out loud

yodaadoy9
I don't really know. It was about a year before the Special Edition came out and I'm 15 now. I don't remember the year the SE came out

Dim
98' I think..

Ratcat
Actually in was 1997, to coincide with the 20th Anniversary

Gundark
RC is correct. It was '97. I waited in line for an hour. It was great. smile

Dim
laughing out loud I didn't go see the rerelease...I just bought the box set and curled up on the sofa.

Ratcat
I only saw ANH Se at the cineam, I too waited for the box set before seeing the rest of the SE's

Dim
Didn't want to wait in line in the bitter cold again huh?

Ratcat
Well no, not really. Don't they have multiplexes where you live. I havn't had to "wait in line in the cold" for over 10 years. Very handy have 4 different 10 screen cinemas all within 2 miles of my house. smile

Dim
Yes we have multiplexes...but from what I heard the lines to get into the movies were quite long.

finti
I was 9, I saw the premiere of ANH IN 1977. There for those bright heads out there you know my age. But I saw it in 1977, actually 12.26.77, and have been a fan ever since. Boxing day is a huge premiere day in Norway.

Dim
Finally!..some math I can do! wink

Ratcat
what 1 + 1 ..... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Dim
2 See...I'm not totally clueless! laughing out loud

Gundark
whats 49586038395060 divided by 12.84% of -13086.6934 ?

evil face

queeq
-3789005394.34715921630414498346726. That was an easy one, Gundy-dear. Now gives us a more complicated one.

queeq out

Dim
That was easy? eek!

queeq
Errrr...yes...???

queeq out

Dim
Only because you have a calculator.

queeq
wink

queeq out

Gundark
I never said you could use a calculator ! wink

queeq is trying to impress you with his supposed mathematical superiority as another feeble attempt to weasel into JC, Dimmy. cool laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Who said I used a calculator?????

queeq out

Ratcat
I think I'll stick with 1 + 1. smile

queeq
*types on his calculator, checks the result*

1+1=....2!!! laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Wow, that means Dim was right all along!!! laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

queeq
No, she wasn't. I only do that with the hard ones. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
Lets see you answer history questions with that calculator, queeq !!! laughing out loud

queeq
Bring 'm on. I prefer a straight question to all this sneaking around.

queeq abides

Gundark
I just knew you would make a comment like that. Hehehe.

queeq
I'm getting too predictable. sad

queeq abides

Ratcat
Hmmm, now why am I not surprised....

queeq
I expected you to say something like that, RC. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
You two are spending way too much time together. laughing out loud

queeq
Aren't we cute together, though? wink

queeq abides

Ratcat
Brrrrrrrrr, someone let me outta this mad house!roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
(Behind her back Gundark slips RC a sharp file from the Falcon's tool chest) "Pssst...try this on the bars on the window, RC. I'll occupy queeq."

"Oh, queeq...your dinner is ready. Let's see, we'll start with a nice wild rice and mushroom soup au gratin, then move on to the butterflied shrimp baked with crab imperial. Fresh spinach and strawberry salad....twice baked sliced new potatoes with carmelized vidalia onion....fresh steamed french green beans almondine...now what about dessert. Some deliciously rich Tiramisu or deep dish fresh peach pie ala mode ?" laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Yamyam! Come on, RC honey. We're going to dinner.

*grabs RC and chains him excessively to the chair at Gundy's dining table*

Let's say grace. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
wipe that drool off your keyboard, queeq-darling smile laughing out loud

queeq
*quickly wipes drool off keyboard*

Sorry.

queeq abides

Gundark
And put that napkin in your lap !!! laughing out loud

queeq
Yes, ma'am. And don't forget to feed RC, he's chained to the chair remember.

queeq abides

Gundark
Poor RC. To comment on topic...heck, I already did. sad

queeq
Come on, Gundy, you're no fun anymore... sad

queeq abides

Gundark
Sorry, queeq. Guess I just got depressed over being spanked. I didn't realize we were being too crazy in the asylum and I don't like to upset the mods. sad

queeq
The mods bark, but they don't bite. Come on girl, be my crazy friend, I like you that way. smile

queeq abides

Gundark
(Gundark feels the dark side rearing its ugly head again. evil face )

queeq
Give into the dark side and together we will rule this board as queeqster and Gun. evil face

queeq abides

Gundark
rule the board ?? Yikes, queeq you are like Godzilla stomping on mod city Tokyo. smile

queeq
Whatever it takes, my young (laughing out loud ) apprentice. Whatever it takes.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Ooooo, look at all the cracks in that thin ice.....

Dim
Hmmmm...somebody remind me to adjust queeq's medication laughing out loud

Gundark
the best way to medicate queeq is to have the Ewoks give him a naked group hug. laughing out loud

queeq
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOO!!!!

Anything but that!!! Ewoks I mean. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
Okay. Gungan group hug then. laughing out loud

queeq
Now, as a soon-to-be fully trained Sith you have to change this attitude of hugging. Group Killing should be of interest now. You have learnt much young (laughing out loud ) one, but I must yet complete your training. evil face

queeq abides

Dim
Back on topic...How old where you when you got your first naked group hug? J/K

But seriously...back on topic..please smile

queeq
Yes, ma'am. *salutes, clicks his heels and bows* 8.

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.