Wimbledon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Anyone watching the Tennis?

Mujaffa
NOOOOOOOOOOO

yerssot
teehee! me!
now that we finally got some decent players, we finally get some matches on the tele!

(before clijsters and henin, we didn't even saw many davis-cup games!, from time to time (ones every half year) a game orso)

Mujaffa
boooring

Mujaffa

G.P
I'd like to smile. But I'm too busy.
I prefer to watch tournaments like Flushing Meadows or Paris-Bercy.

yerssot
shorter ones, you mean?

BackFire349
i like hearing the women grunt. sexy sexy

cermiestar
yes! go henman! go henman!

diegocala
Oh Anna, where are you? I can fix that back!!

Mujaffa
aggassis is out...ehhe

G.P
What do you mean ?

yerssot
that flushing meadows etc. isn't that big (they're not grand slams)

Corran
Am watching TigerTim now. Why do they call him Tiger Tim? I mean he isn't even stripey and he doesn't roar.

G.P
Flushing is, isn't it ?
No, what is important to me is the surface (dunno if it is the good word in English): hard-packed,...

yerssot
you like gravel?

Raz
YES! He's through!!

Corran
But why Tiger?

G.P
nope, Flushing M. and Bercy'surface are in (I don't know exactly) cement (or kinda). It's a blue surface...I'll check wink

yerssot
hardcourt?

G.P
Yes, maybe...

Raz
Because...

mechmoggy
...he likes Frosties. They're great, apparently.

He made a meal of that match at times though eh?

Ushgarak
Easier than I thought for Henman today...

Kes
I cant seem to catch it on tv!!!mad
I like that brown ground,whats it called in english?blink

Ushgarak
Clay?

Kes
yeh thats it.big grin I'm so stupid!
I like Guga!! Love Guga! And that spanish player, Ferrero I think. The blond kid.Their cool.There is also this big guy that they call Bear! Is huge!

yerssot
teehee! the top-4 on the WTA list are in the semi-finals

G.P

Darla
There are only 4 grand slam tournaments: US Open, French Open (at Roland Garros), Wimbledon and the Australian Open.

Unfortunately, without telly at work, I have to suffice with watching the scores live on the BBC website, it's quite riveting! I did, however, go to the All England Club last Tuesday. I saw Alicia Molick beat some Russian girl, a French guy beat an Italian-American guy, Robin Soderling beat Verkerk (who was seeded, but injured), the end of the Henin match on the screen on the hill and Sebastian Grosjean (I think) playing Thomas Enqvist. Twas a very long day and I got a tad red!

Ushgarak
Neat! I have always wanted to go to Wimbledon. My brother normally goes each year but couldn't this time. He said it was amazing to see Roddick play; he doesn't know how he was ever beaten, based on what he saw.

Darla
I find Roddick a tad boring. Plus he has weird serve, kind of sticks his bum out!

Ushgarak
What a cad!

He does seem to have this habit of either thrashing his opponent or totally losing it, though. A man like Rusedski WOULD have had a chance of stoppijng him but... well... y'know...

That was actually very funny; I have NEVER seen language like that on the BBC in mid-afternoon before and McEnroe's commentary was to die for!

Darla
And he'll begin playing our Tim Henman in just a few minutes (hopefully)!

Ushgarak
Which is why they are discussing the tennis on Andrew McNeil's 'The Daily Politics' programme... weird!

What is your call for that match, Darla?

Darla
Five sets. Henman might lose.

Ushgarak
If Henman wins do you think he'll make the final?

Darla
Playing Philpoussis? Unlikely.

Ushgarak
Actually, I think he would rather play Philopoussis than Agassi... I dunno...

Ushgarak
Well, THAT didn't start very well... luckily the English weather God has sent rain to give Henman a break...

Ushgarak
First set of Henman match: Bugger.

Darla
Oh dear, such a shame. An amazing comeback from 5-1 down, after the break for rain, only to lose the first set in a tie-break 8-10.

sad

Ushgarak
Four bloody set points... gahhhhh...

Ushgarak
YAY!!!!!! Second set Henman!

Raz
Well it's bloody raining again.

Anyway he's got a very good chance of winning this.

yerssot
can anyone update me about the belgian girls in the semi-finals?
are they playing or not? cause with all the rain, haven't seen anything of that!

Raz
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/default.stm

yerssot
thanks, it's on thursday smile

Corran
Damn wet stuff.

yerssot
slippery?

Phoenix
Its on now... french dude is winning.... nope, now its henman!!! yay tim!!

G.P
French Dude... roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
he isn't french? wink

G.P
Erm... Has someone noticed that the French Dude has won...? stick out tongue

yerssot
Grosjean IS good, yessmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.