anakin wouldnt have gone to the dark side if.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rogue_jedi
i think that anakin wouldnt have gone over to the dark side if yoda had assumed the responsibility of training him. obi wan was a great jedi, but yoda had been training jedi for hundreds of years. for someone as strong in the force as anakin, who was the chosen one to bring balance to the force, i would have thought that yoda or mace windu or a jedi master more experienced than obi wan would have been assigned as his teacher. yes, i know that qui gons dying words were that obi wan train anakin. but, for obi wan to take on the responsibility of training perhaps the most powerful jedi ever, and to take him on as his FIRST padawan learner, thats a lot of pressure. perhaps that was why obi wan was so strict with him. any thoughts?

yerssot
the entire thing is that anakin had to go to the darkside and ultimately redeem himself so he could bring balance, so I see no problem

rogue_jedi
he had to go to the dark side? he didnt have to, he just went by choice.

Ushgarak
No, I do not think going to the Dark Side was actually a vital part of brining Balance, that was just things messing up.

Rave
Anakin should have never been trained in the first place.

Julie
so true...but then where would the galaxy have been????

rogue_jedi
under the direct instruction of yoda, a far more experienced jedi than obiwan, anakin would have not strayed so easily. heres a thought: padawans are supposedly taken as infants, never knowing who their parents are. anakin knew of his mother. i know that the jedi arent allowed possessions or attachments, but i think that in anakins case they would have made an exception and retrieved his mother for him. that way she would have been there for him throughout his training. i know this is a radical idea, but just think about it.

Ushgarak
There is justification for training Anakin if and ONLY if Palpatine would have ended up dominating the Galaxy anyway. Then trinaing Anakin is ultimately the only thing that stopped him.

If, however, it was only Vader that allowed Palpatine to dominate in the first place... then things would have been a WHOLE lot simp;er if they had let Anakin be.

But Mr. Lucas makes out that training Anakin was eventially essential so we have to assume the first- that Palpatine would have done it anyway.

cookies2006
Anakin =good--bad + Luke=Good. So i think i was a right choice to get anakin. I also think QGJ was sort of in on the trading to the dark side thing. He got a new leader(anakin) and then QG himself was betraded. Killed by DM.

Rogue Jedi
qui gon jinn affiliated with the dark side? i just dont see it. im not saying you are wrong, because i respect others opinions, but it seems like a stretch to me.

cookies2006
I'm not saying im right either , but i just like to keep my eyes open.

ToMacco
I think Yoda knew Obi-wan wasn't just another dopey Jedi. He knew Obi-wan was very, very powerful, and special. He trusted Obi-wan to train Anakin, and I think even after Episode II, he still trusts Obi-wan to train Anakin.

Rogue Jedi
hmmmm....good point.

cookies2006
Why wouldnt yoda trust obi wan in the first place?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.