Shmi survives Ep II and here's why:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IGOTMYBEAT
Quote whatever spy you want, but Shmi survives Ep II and here's why:

1)Who the heck could get married hours, if not days after their MOM gets killed??? Could you? Could you go get married days after your Mom just got violently beaten to death??? I mean sure, I could, but I hate my Mom so that's besides the point.

2)Pernilla August said she shot some scenes for Ep III.

3)Shmi beaten to death by Tusken Raiders are about as stupid as you can get.

Ratcat
1) Yeah, I can see that.
2)She may have been mistaken but it is fishy.
3)Jury's still out on this one.

JediOasis
1. So what? Yeah, his mom dies and thats got to be hard on him. Maybe getting married helps ease his troubles, it couldn't hurt.
2. Maybe she only filmed "flashback" scenes. I would like it if right before he became Darth Vader if Anakin went through one last moment of doubt and pictured his mother, Padme, Qui-Gon, etc.
3. I really like the idea. Especially if that whole Anakin killing the Tusken family takes place, I think that would be cool.

IGOTMYBEAT
: If you're going to post a reply, then please do so in a considerate way. Respect other members comments, and they will respect yours.

Ushgarak
I like your reaction to dissenting views, IGMB! No-one can accuse you of not being in touch with your feelings.

I think a good 'barometer' for this is whether we beleive Ankin is turning in this Episode or the next. I think we are very certain that his mother has something to do with him turning, which in turn is almost certainly because she dies. So, if Anakin is turning in Episode III, then she very possibly survives Epsidoe II. If he is turning in Episode II, then she is almost certainly dead.

Oh, and to the Council Member who welcomed me to the forum- Thanks a lot.

krautrocker
I agree I never did like shimi being killed by tuskens ,or rather anakin killing them, as this would result in his turn to the dark side. Giving in to anger and all that. I think her death will be instrumental in anakins turn and saying as how we are led to believe it doesn't happen till ep 3 then it is feasible shimi survives till ep3 also. What if she dies after the wedding though.

My take about anakins turn is this. HE has to turn ep3 because if he turns ep 2 , he must have already impregnated padme. She wouldn't let him after his turn but we knwo luke and leia are born in 3, so he cant turn in 2 or that would mean only a 9 month gap between 2 and 3. or something like that.

Gundark
1. I feel sorry for you that you hate your mother, IGMB. Hating people is no way to go thru life.

2. I agree with JO...I believe these will be "flashback" scenes of Shmi also.

3. I don't believe any of that story.

Just my $ 0.02.

King Jedi
I'm not saying I beleive it but Shmi being killed by Tusken Raiders is a good idea because it is a completly random killing. It's not Palpatine or the bad guys killing her it's primitive people that live in the desert.

If the Sith kill her then Anakin will be able to cope with it better as he knows it was all planned. But if she is just killed for no reason and there is no explanation then it will be better.

DarthBorgie
Is it possible that Anakin gets married because he feels bad form himself? Maybe he wants to make up for the loss of his mother, to make up for the lost puzzle piece, to fill some sort of void, to...(fill with "missing" cliches)...anywho, Anakin might get married just as a way for feeling sorry for himself.

Ratcat
I can't see Lucas portraying Marraige as a "get out clause" to help Anakin through a rough time. It would be very irresponcible to do so.

Marraige is not the solution to Anakins problems if they exist, it can never be and if used in such a way just leads to more problmes down the line...

But then, knowing where Anakins journey leads, it may be that this is exactly what Lucas wants to portray...

Darth Daft
1) You hate your mum, IGMB? Hmm, that made me think. Anyone thought of the possibilities that by Episode 3, Anakin may actually hate his mum, not love her. I mean there may be some sort of event that changes him intensily, and instead of loving her more than anything, he actually hates her and this triggers off his turn to the Dark Side - or perhaps it is his turn to the Dark Side that triggers off his hatred for her, for whatever reason.
I know this is unlikely, but it's something that I don't recall being mentioned before, so I thought I'd just share the idea with you all.

IGOTMYBEAT
Okay what Ratcat said was the point I was trying to make, all the reasons he mentioned blah blah blah but the point is it doesn't make sense. We know from RM and some of the videogamemakers or whatever the Ep II takes place over a span of only a couple days, so there's no way Anakin gets married only a day or two after his Mother is killed.

Yet...we do know he DOES get married. I think. Or we can guess that. Well maybe we can't know for sure, but since I SAY SO, we know it's true.

So that, knowing Ani will be getting married at the end of Ep II, PLUS knowing Ep II spans only a few days, COUPLED with the fact that Pernilla August says she shot scenes for Episode III PLUS, EXTRA PLUS George Lucas has NEVER made use of FLASHBACKS and nobody but Jedi have ever been ghosts...

Well there you go, I'm right.

DarthBorgie
once, i saw an ewok ghost...

queeq
Did he say "yub yub" too?

queeq abides

Yerial Poof
smile yes it seems to me she will die in Episode 2 as well,:/

JediOasis
Yeah, I think she'll die in EPII too. In each of the next two movies someone close to Anakin will die when he could have protected them, Padme being that someone in EPIII.

Ushgarak
I'm still not sure either way. But it's worth noting that her death in Episode II does not necessarily preclude Anakin from marrying , and her recording scenes for Episode III does not guarantee her survival.

Anakinm may not find out about her death until after (or during) the wedding.

And her scenes for Epsiode III could be a recording

IGOTMYBEAT
Well it'd be cool if he finds out after the wedding and he flies back and he slaughters a bunch of people and that's how the film ends.

queeq
A slaughter as a cliffhanger? laughing out loud

IGOTMYBEAT
I hope not, I hope there's some kind of cliffhanger, but in the absent of one, I'd rather see Anakin doing something dramatic like that as opposed to the film ending on Palpatine, Padme and Jar Jar talking on Coruscant like I've seen in a couple E2 summaries.

Ratcat
I think we'll see something very dramtic, but the Padme/JarJar/Palpatine scene will be almost a prologue like the Luke/Leia scene in ESB aboard the medical frigate.

IGOTMYBEAT
That's gonna suck. Here's Palpatine who looks really menacing, and you know he's up to no good, and here's Natalie Portman who's a great actress, but there's stupid Jar Jar just ruining it.

Yerial Poof
sad Well I hope the cliffhanger will be different then that. Palpatine will hopefully declare himself Emperor while Jar Jars watching Anakin marry Padme or something. I dont think thats so bad.wink

Dim
Boy, that could ruin a wedding day.

IGOTMYBEAT
Who would you rather invite to your wedding, me, or jar jar?

Gundark
JarJar.

IGOTMYBEAT
Me, or Hitler?

queeq
Good old Adolf of course. He's a riot. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.