Chewie in episode 3.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
i have heard that chewie will be in episode 3. how will we know it is him? wookkies all look pretty similar to me. will lucas have certain discrepancies in the appearance of the other wookkies so that chewie will be unmistakable? that is, if there are other wookkies in the movie.

yerssot
there will be other wookies, different sizes and colors, but I think someone will say: 'this is the mighty chuwbacca' or so

Evil Windu
See the "The first shot of Episode III w/ PIC!!!(DESCRIPTION MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS)" thread.. I posted a pic of Chewie and another wookie..

spideyfreak88
yah they'll show how han met chewbacca

finti
OH REALLY?

yerssot
yeah, I just heard they casted a 2-year old roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
han meets chewbacca while he is an officer in the imperial navy. chewie is being forced to do slave labor and han liberates him. a 2 year old imperial navy officer? i dont think so.

ToMacco
I don't know if it's good or bad that Chewie will be in Episode III. But I did read that it will be Chewie (in both Entertainment Weekly, and Time).

yerssot
To, sw.com posted it as the first one wink

Star Wars Geek
Well, while wookies do look alike to a point, there are enough differences to them to be able to tell them apart.

LanceWindu
Chewie will be unmistakeable.

yerssot
chuwies role has recently been "announced"

a big battle at the start of the movie with multiple other wookies set on a new planet (Kashyyyk?)
and
a big part in delivering the twins!

Rogue Jedi
sounds good.

Furius
He shouldnt be in it at all. the star wars universe is SO big. how many indivudual lives dyou think there are in it? the chances of so many characters from the OT being in the, err, NT are so slim. its stupid. Chewie shouldnt be there, Boba Fett or his old man shouldnt have been in it (they shoudlve just used a new bounty hunter). And Aunt Beru shouldnt have been there either. i think it wouldve been better if owen hadnt met her yet. dont know why

Ushgarak
Chewie helping with the Twins sounds odd.

finti
sure does

Lucas Sucks!
At last some one with good judgement!
A new whole set of three movies in a diferent time and place and we have the same characters again! Just because of the stupid fans! What is C3PO and R2 doing here??? Anakin building 3PO?? Jango Fett was used for the clones??!?! now chewbacka... is lucas short of imagination to create new characters wich will be as good as the other... thats what i pictured since the begiing a whole new crew... maybe a new wookie totaly diferent. But nooooo its all so predictable and they poot the same whole characters to get a cheer.
There are so many interesting things you can do in the star wars niverse and theyve use almost none of it! mad mad

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance yeah beat it lucas buahahaha let someone else write and direct like empire and jedi!! wink

justinday15
Man dude, calm down.

Your Mom Is Hot
while im inclined to agree with Lucas Sucks! bc the SW universe is so large, statistically it would be next to impossible to have the same remote characters involved in different times and places...however i swing in a different direction, bc of a little lady i like to call "destiny"...all these characters are created to have roles in each others lives obviously and must play roles that will effect said lives down the road in episodes 4-6...

now for sidenotes:
Lucas Sucks!....let me just say that anyone who puts "Happy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dance hahah beat it lucas" is just dying to be beaten and deemed a homosexual

those are all my sidenotes for now bc i am now bored with this forum

thank ye kindly much obliged...kinda

Your Mom Is Hot
oh yeah i forgot to say that while i agree with myself, Lucas could tone it down a bit and not have everyone connected.....but for the most part its interesting to see how everything comes together and resolves itself in Episode 6

sidenotes:
give me a hot dog
now
im not kidding at all
LucasSucks! needs to chill

Lucas Sucks!
i know people will hate me but oh well i have arguments for all here

Furius
A little lady called destiny maybe.. but theres so MANY of the same characters, even the most hippiest 'believer' would think twice. Anakin, Obi, Emperor, Thats fine. Yoda, ok fair enough. The droids, come on. Everyone else is just a farce.

Lucas Sucks!
but just because destiny exists you will kill a plot?? ruin what i dreamed of seing since i saw the original movies?? im sick of that destiny thing in star wars... everyone says i have a bad feeling about all this, they all end up in the same cliched situations, they all know each other!! its not the destiny thing its that theyre doing somthing that doesnt amaze people at all they dont give anything fresh... just stuff for the fans! i didnt want to see Yoda fight like that! I wanted to see him kick Dookoo without lifting a finger! thats a true master! Using the freaking force! why kill the character??! Yoda lives with the force and what happened to all he said in the preivious movies like the real strenght is from within and size matters not?? he didnt applied all those in that fight! he can lift an X-wing preety easily but he can hardly lift that tube that was about to smash obi one and anakin.... sorry guys... but star wars has changd from good movies to special effects non inteligent plot movies

Ushgarak
Let's try and keep thingsa calm, people. You are not being greatly coherent, Lucas.

That Fett plot isn't actually because of the fans, that was always there when he wrote the originals. Chewbacca is DEFINITELY because of the fans though.

Lucas Sucks!
wrong my friend! When A new Hope went out BOba didnt even existed. He was created in a A new Hope cartoon christhmas special and then incorporated in ESB because the fans liked him. In the comics they are called the mandalorian soilders and Boba was just one of the original Storm troopers. The Jango appeared in the new once very forcely because they urged for an ESB look in the new star wars films... marketing pourposes.
So as you can see Fett wasnt invision by Geor Lucas at first he boroowed it! so it wasnt meant to be since the begining

Rogue Jedi
dont take this the wrong way, but if you think lucas sucks, why bother coming here? i think star trek sucks, but i dont go to star trek sites and tell everybody "hey this sucks!!"

Ushgarak
Not wrong at all, Lucas- GL had it in mind right from the start that a bounty hunter was the template for the stormtroopers- and also, Boba Fett's presence in ESB was NOTHING to do with the execrable Holiday Special, he would have been in ESB anyway.

In any case, it was NOT fan demand that caused a Fett to appear in AOTC- as I say, it was a plot he had been toying with for ages. It originally would have been Boba but the timing was not right so he invented Jango.

And ignore what the comics say.

Rogue Jedi
exactly. deja vu.

Lucas Sucks!
boba fett was not created for empire
if it was a boty hunter to be cloned for the troops maked sense... but why is it boba and not another one... because hes cool and everybody likes him... its for the fans my friend.

Ushgarak
I know he was in the Holiday Special first but that apperance made no difference to whether he was in Empire or not, as you suggested.

The reason it is Boba is because THAT is the Bounty Huinter GL was referring to! He theorised that a bounty hunter was their father. He then put that Bounty Hunter in the films. Why would it then be ANOTHER Bounty Hunter?

Then, as I say, when he finally made that story official he knew the timing would not work with Boba so he created Jango. Nothing to do with the fans- UNLIKE, as I say, Chewie, who has been put in in direct contradiction in what GL said before so is clearly just a populist move.

Furius
"Why would it then be ANOTHER Bounty Hunter?"
(dont know how to do that quote thing)

Why not? In a galaxy with trillions of people in it theres bound to be more than one bounty hunter. they couldve made him from scratch as a brand new enemy

Lucas Sucks!
i dont know... i was expecting a better twist on the plot than that.
And Lucas said that Storm troopers bounce their heads in the other triology beause Jango was clumsy aswell and he passed that genetically.... explain me that.... dont you find that stupid?????

that ofcourse is in the attack of the clones DVD the audio commentary in the genoasis fight when jango bounces his head with the ship

Star Wars Geek
Dude, you are sooo wrong it isn't even funny!!

First off, Boba was GL's creation! The Holiday Special aired in and around X-mas of 1979, Production on Empire STARTED in 1978, more then a year before the Cartoon was released!!! Lucasd didn't wirte, direct, or produce the Holiday special, in fact he utterly despises the Holiday special. Fox, when making the Holiday special took Boba from Lucas' FINSHED script for ESB, and used some of the later concept drawings, that is why he looks so different in the cartoon then he does in the movie. Want more proof of how wrong you are!!! On the Vintage Kenner Toys, an Offer for a FREE Boba Fett figure started showing up on the toys in late 1978 and early 1979, again a year before the Holiday special aired. Why is this imporatant? Because it was LUCAS that owned all licensing rights to the figures, NOT FOX! Kenner was able to make and give away a Boba Fett figure two years before ESB and one year before the Holiday Special because Lucas went to them with the plans as he already had a script in hand and had already dreamed Boba up in HIS head! You really need to check the FACTS!

Rogue Jedi
i think the films are brilliant.

Lucas Sucks!
how come i have star wars cards and ive seen tv interviews where they said his first appeareance was in the cartoon.
I think that all that clone thing with jango started now.....
look.... when lucas wrote phantom menace he didnt even thought about a count dokoo, he didnt even knew if it was going to be an alien or not.
his reinventing everything up again.

Rogue Jedi
simmer down, lucas....again, why do you feel the need to come here and diss GL? this is a star wars forum, not an anti star wars forum. you should really check out slackercentral.com.

Ushgarak
Did you not read what I said, Furius? He put in Boba SPECIFICALLY as the guy who was meant to have fathered the Clones! That was the back story he gave the character! That was rather the point.

And Lucas, again no-one is denying that Fett was IN the cartoon first. But he was not thought of FOR the cartoon- he was thought up FOR ESB, they nabbed him the the Holiday Speical and got that out first.

And you can continue to have that opinion about Fett if you want but it contradicts the sources we have. And yes, he did not have Count Dooku in his mind when he wrote TPM- but he DID know there would be another Sith Lord doing all that, he just hadn't specified the character.

We all know GL makes a lot of stuff up as he goes along and as I say, Chewbacca is evidence of that. But having a Fett in the prequels being a vital part of the founding of the Clone army was an idea he came up with right back when making the originals.

finti
only the main idea then was that Fett was to a vital part of the stormtrooper thingie only it change to that Fett was a vitall part of creating the clones

Furius
Well the kid who played Boba was rubbish. HE shouldnt have been in it.

Ushgarak
I think that remains unclear, Finti. I have seen a couple of things that suggests that GL thought of the stormtroopers being cloned from Boba right back then but that seems odd.

finti
yeah it might be odd, but i just refered to that "rumor"

Lucas Sucks!
I dont inted to write anti star wars posts. I love Star Wars original films and I know them from start to end. They used to be very deep, with good characters, memorable moments and nice desings.

Now what im against is that all that magic is gone (in my opinion) in the new movies. Were are the good characters? they are all flat, act even worst than the others, they have stupid lines like this party is over, predictible story telling. Poor character development. So many good designers and at the end all those aliens look cheap and cartoonish... have you seen mace windus conceptual designs?? they were superb and they gave that role to samuel Jackson wich is a very good actor but doesnt fit at all in a star wars movie. And as for all the remain jedies that look like extras added there to fill the frame... witch is the case. I was expecting a better look for the Jedi, a huge ancient temple not in the middle of the city with technology, they are spiritual why do they need all that technology. Its all special effects, now we have unreal backgrounds wich doesnt give a believable setting to the story. Now the main aspects is the eye candy and not the performance of the actors wich are poor because they have no setting reference. Instead of imaginative ideas we see the same characters put together very forcely.... if you dont agree with the jango fett thing... you cant deny 3PO R2 and Chewie wich you admit already. I was expecting good characters.
Im not a star trek fan... i like it a little but they achieve what star wars didnt, they made a totaly different crew with totaly diferent characters and it worked just or best then the originals. And the new star wars failed in that because nobody liked jar jar and all they could do was put old characters back to fill that. Why didnt create new ones, a new wookie a fat one or something new and fresh something not expected.

Furius
Totally agree with you Lucas. and why cant we have anti-lucas statements here. These are DISCUSSION boards. As long as what people are saying isnt chilidish insults, they should be able to give their opinion, wether anti- or pro-Lucas.

Lucas Sucks!
I dont inted to be a lucas hater, i just dont like the guy because all the fame he gets. I believe that the true visionaries of the star wars movies are the designers and his co-riters... and his directors used for emipre and jedi. All he did was mixing world war 2 with western movies with flash gordon, samurai movies with cliched fantasy stories wich are as formulatic as his, rescue the princess and defeat evil. The other people envision for him and do all the work i dont see him looking at the lenses looking for good shots or anything like that like most real directors do... they do everthing for him... he just says that goes, that doesnt.... action and take all the preassure... but gee i have to thank him for bringing star wars because it influenced me since i was a little kid but cant he do any better, get fresher ideas??? what happened to all his "imagination"?
There wer soilders in the world war 2 wich were called the storm troopers, and battle ships that were called the death star... again im just saying my opinion and sharing it with you this is a free forum. For me is nothing new and i enjoy a lot better Space Odyssey 2001 than star wars because is far more inteligent and far more older and looks even better.
Star wars is not the only si fi movie out.

Star Wars Geek
First of all, the first appearance of Boba Fett was on the packaging of the Star Wars action Figures not the movie or the Christmas Special!

Anti-Lucas statements are fine, but at least know what you are talking about before you make them!

Ushgarak
This Lucas talk seems supremely irrelevant to the thread- keep it in-topic please.

Lucas Sucks!
it was relevant becayse of the wookie thing but at the end it got out of topic.... but oh well just wanted to show my view.

Scooter55
be relevant dammit

Scooter55
youre not and you need to get relevant quick fast and in a hurry before i tell ushgarak to bann you....he'll do it too ive seen im in action!!

Scooter55
your view is IRRELEVANT

Scooter55
THIS ENTIRE THREAD HAS BEEN SOILED BY YOUR IRRELEVANCEY!!! GO BE IRRELEVANTLY IRRELEVANT BY YOURSELF,IN YOUR ROOM, LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO!!!!! IRRELEVANT!!

Rogue Jedi
uuuuhhhhhhh......

Rogue Jedi
anyway, if the wookies are involved in a major battle scene(which i assume will be against clone troopers) i cant wait to see chewie wrecking shop(maybe its against droid troopers)

finti
well there was no indication in AOTC that the wookie`s sided with the seperatists, but then again who knows

Rogue Jedi
yeah, i didnt even think what side they would be on. maybe palpantine forces them to fight on his side.

Lucas Sucks!
****moded out of uncalled for comments********

turdmuppet
one question bout bobba's appearance in a new hope's deleted jabba scene, was fett added to it digitally for the special edition or was bobba originally in the scene with jabba that was deleted for new hope?

Ushgarak
He was added in when they re-designed the scene for the Special Edition. Fat guy Jabba only had some non-descript cronies with him as originally filmed.

Rogue Jedi
so the whole scene between han and jabba was originally intended to be in the film, but cut for whatever reason? this is not counting boba fetts cameo, which was added when they were re released. this is what i have been led to believe.

Ushgarak
It was filmed with a guy playing Jabba with the intention of overlaying Jabba on top of the guy later- Jabba being a more Chewbacca-esque character at the time.

But they couldn't get it to work- technology was not up to the job. GL did not want Jabba to be human, so it was cut. Jabba, as we know, finally made into ROTJ but had been re-designed.

When he made the Special Ediiton of ANH- encouraged at first by a project to make Mos Eisley look better- it soon became apparent that this scene could finally be finished, and as an extra touch they added Boba.

Lucas Sucks!
yeah... that actor has to be really pissed right now... he didnt appeared and 20 years later they put the scene with something slimy on top of him. hAhahahaha poor little thing.
anyways... theres something i dont understand. Jabbas change
He appears in PM at the podrace and his fat... then in ANH he appears skinny and hideusly bad done and in ROTJ his fat again. I know they made it small in ANH so he can fit the scale of what han was looking at. But why didnt they made him consisten in PM????

Ushgarak
I think the non-continuity of Jabba's size in ANH has been over-stated, actually.

Rogue Jedi
there is a definite size differential, though. maybe he went on a diet.

Lucas Sucks!
maybe he ate at subway
the only explanation. but the one i gave is the most logical.. the scale thing with solo. but come on why make him look that cheap. In the PM he looked fine.

Mist
the part about the film having a wookie battle on a new planet sounds cool. i hope there will be more new planets and stuff. George Lucas should just go all out and put as much new stuff in as he can.
p.s having chewbacca in ep3 would be cool cause otherwise we dont get to see him anymore.
is he around during jedi academy or is he dead by then?

Ushgarak
Bit of an EU question that but I don't think it is set after his EU death; not certain though.

Of course, the 'battle on Kashyyk' thing dates all the way back to the making of the first film...

KidRock
If your so sick of it start your own Star Wars movies..aww whats the matter? Would it be to hard for you??? Jesus its not that easy to write a script that has to be NEAR perfect for millions of fans.

"star wars has changd from good movies to special effects non inteligent plot movies" ok..yeah thats your OPINION but some people think other wise so maybe you should just get over it.

Have a nice warm cup of shut the #&$^ up beer

KidRock
Sorry by the way im not trying to be mean or offensive in my post im just stating how i feel.

Mist
if your not happy with the films, download some fan films. some of them are pretty good.

Rogue Jedi
yes, mist, he is around during the jedi apprentice series. he dies in "vector prime", the first book of the new jedi order.

Ushgarak
I think, RJ, he is talking about the upcoming computer game, not the books.

Rogue Jedi
oh. that is an EU question.

finti
they both were EU big grin

Rogue Jedi
kid rock, you rock hard. kudos..... rock rock rock rock rock

finti
for me the situation was that I saw the OT while growing up, and the two prequels when I was grown up. Star Wars is for kids, the story cant be too complex. Sorry to say it but thats just the way it is

Rogue Jedi
i love star wars. i live and breathe it.....

KidRock
rock

Rogue Jedi
rock rock thumb up thumb up rock rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.