Why werent more jedi sent to naboo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
when padme, obi wan and qui gon return to naboo towards the end of ep. 1, why werent more jedi sent with them? the jedi knew of the situation there, and only 2 jedi were sent.

yerssot
every Jedi has their work, you can't expect them to give ten jedi for that mission if they can't

Rogue Jedi
how many were at genosis? a lot. there must have been a dozen or so that were free to go to naboo.

yerssot
200 for geonosis

guess they thought the "mysterious warrior" wasn't important enough?

robincooper
but you must remember in the first one qui-gon said i am only a protector i can't fight a war for you! but in the second there were seperatist formed and a army comisioned the fact that there were two hundread on geonosis was because it was pre-emptive before a main strike on the robot armys so in this case they needed the jedi!

Ushgarak
Naboo was a trade dispute, QGJ then went back because there MIGHT have been something odd going on there.

Geonosis was a crisis which the Jedi KNEW threatened the future of the Galaxy.

ToMacco
The Jedi wanted to bump Qui-Gon off, because he was a pain in the ass.

Rogue Jedi
but werent the jedi aware of all the battle droids and battle tanks there? qui gon and obi wan could probably handle a lot of them, but i think that more jedi should have been sent.

Ushgarak
Ah, but QGK was not sent there to fight a war (no-one expected a full-on war to be fought). The Jedi did not want to intervene there. QGJ was sent just to bodyguard the Queen.

jedi x
well rogue jedi the next time your there prehaps you'll send more. why do you think that more should have been sent. the jedi are not soldiers.

Rogue Jedi
no, they are keepers of the peace. but i think that all the jedi knew that the shit was gonna hit the fan. after all, padme would have been captured eventually. she was not there to sight see. remember when she said "i will suffer the same fate as my own people."? if the jedi had a reason to believe that a large scale battle was gonna take place, and that a sith lord might have been involved, then i think that more jedi should have been sent. by the way, jedi x. theres no need for sarcasm here.

Ushgarak
He can use sarcasm if he wants.

If the Queen was going to start a war that was her business but the Jedi were NOT prepared to involve themselves in it. The Sith link was extremely tenuous and the two they sent was just fine. Only in extreme crisis do they start sending more!

Rogue Jedi
the jedi are keepers of the peace. peace was threatened on naboo the moment the first trade federation ship landed on the planet. its my opinion that the jedi had an obligation to liberate the planet and its people. to do this they needed to send more jedi, not rely on the gungans and pure luck.

Ushgarak
The Jedi had no LEGAL mandate to intervene in the war. They cannot operate outside the boundaries of the law- they SERVE the Republic. Until the Senate decided something they were powerless to intervene.

Rogue Jedi
i guess, maybe so... yeah, you are probably right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.