favourite couple?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Princess_Leia
Anakin and Padme?Han and Leia? or if there's 2 characters u wish were a couple u can say that 2.

My favourite couple is me and Obi Wan! I think we'd be great together!

Leia and Han are my favourite. I just think they had such great chemistry together and they were so much fun to watch. They were just cool.

Personally I hated Anakin/Padme. They had no chemistry whatsoever. I just didn't get why Padme married him, she acted like she wasn't interested the whole time and not in a playing hard to get or we can't cause it's wrong kinda way, but just like she plain wasn't interested and then 'i truly deeply love u'? what the hell?! U cud tell Anakin had a big thing for her but he came across as a creepy stalker with chessy chat up lines. 'Ur not like sand Padme', 'UR NOT LIKE SAND?!' (or whatever the proper line was)what kind of woman falls for that line?I just didn't get why they got together at all and just thought it was so bad. Compared to the Aragorn/Arwen romance say, there was only like 5 minutes of it in each 3 hour film but it was really effective and very romantic but A/P was like shoved in ur face to a degree that they seemed desperate to prove that it made sense and they were really 'in love'. I know the writing was crappy but if the actors had any chemistry it wud have been at least a tiny bit believeable. And I really can't respect any woman who knowing Obi Wan Kenobi's around marries Anakin! I mean come on!

So who's ur favourite couple and y?

Rogue Jedi
han and leia, your worshipness. p.s, its really cool to meet a female star wars fan.

Lyn
I like both of the couples...Han and Leia's sarcasm and their little jokes are really believable and quite amusing, the chemistry is amazing.
Padme and Anakin, although they don't share that "mucking around" thing still have chemistry. A lot of people think that EP2 was sappy and yes the lines the 2 of them had to read were very corny but the chemistry is still there!!
With Han/Leia, GL showed their romance developing over the 3 films.
With Anakin/Padme, their romance blossoms quickly because it has to...also because Ani/Padme's environment goes from "lovey-dovey" and fun to Ani's mum dying and the 2 of them in danger of being killed.
Han/Leia's relationship was more amusing to watch but GL couldn't have the same sort of thing going on with Anakin/Padme 'coz we'd already seen it...i think they're both very good couples.
Soz rambled a bit there...hope you got the gist of what i was trying to say.

Princess_Leia
Yeh I understand what u mean but for me, I actually didn't really feel the chemistry. I know they had corny lines so it wasn't all their fault, but for me I thought Natalie seemed quite bored during it, I cud see Anakin had a thing for her so he did ok but she just didn't seem interested, not even in a 'well this isn't rite we can't do this' sorta way but just as if she genuinely didn't really seem interested in him the same way he was into her. I didn't understand at the end why she married him, I thought it was weird. The idea for the love story is fine but i didn't think it was done very well and i just didn't see that spark between them, it seemed awkward, and not in a sweet way but just really awkward u no. I just felt compared to Han/Leia it was awful. I'm not saying it had to be the same, just something believeable and I didn't believe it and I think it was due to the lack of chemistry and obviously the lines. It was shoved in ur face, as if trying desperately to make it seem rite cause I always think of the way the Aragorn/Arwen romance was done, 5 minutes outta 2 3 hour films but it was so powerful and the scenes were very romantic without being sappy and over the top and the chemistry was just amazing. I know the character's are older and in different situations but I honestly think that it could have been done way better and if NP and HC had even a little chemistry it wud have seemed semi-believeable. It looked nice, if u know what I mean, beautiful scenery, good looking people (well HC is ok) but for me personally it just didn't seem right. I guess if maybe more of Padme's feelings had been seen maybe it would have been easier to understand but when i'd just seen the movie my first thought was 'y did she marry him?' and with a love story i don't think u should come away thinking that and I know I'm not the only 1 who did. Well that's just me. Sorry for rambling on but i always end up talking for ages when it comes to this subject for sum reason

finti
rd d2 and C 3po

Rogue Jedi
bossk and boba fett.

Princess_Leia
oh course, best couple ever! can u imagine the children though? wacko

Princess_Leia
You know, I always thought it would be cool if Sabe had of been a bigger character and been in ep2 and her and Obi got together. You can just imagine Anakin and Obi getting confused as to which girl was Padme and which was Sabe laughing out loud

KidRock
chewbacca and erm... mrs chewbacca!

Rogue Jedi
the two gammorean guards luke confronts in jabbas palace. didnt you know they were gay? laughing out loud laughing out loud no offense, anyone.

Hypernova
Princess_Leia laughing out loud

I was going to say... but they are Jedi's, surely they can tell the difference?

Princess_Leia
maybe they could all just have a foursome! though they'd have to up the rating of the movie devil! I have such a dirty mind........

Lyn
That you do Leia...laughing stick out tongue

Lyn
Ep2 is rated PG right?? Like ALL of the SW films.
I saw in a catalogue somewhere for Father's Day this thing for Ep2 on DVD and it was rated M15+ and had a different cover.

yerssot
no, it's rated PG; well, at least in America it is, it may very from country to country

Lyn
Yeah but I have the VHS and it's rated PG. It was advertised for here, Australia. SW has always been rated PG here.
And the cover was totally different. Padme wasn't even on it mad
It was Yoda then the angry face of Anakin and a head shot of Obi-Wan with some small bits of like ships and clones wars stuff.

Rogue Jedi
admiral ackbar and mon mothma....

Lyn
laughing

Rogue Jedi
general veers and his men.

yerssot
haven't heard about that one lyn

Hypernova
Lyn - you talking about Ep IV-VI? Where'd you get your copies?

Lyn
No, I'm talking about Ep2. It was a DVD cover in like a K-Mart catalogue. It was a full shot of Yoda with the II infront of him. Then above him on one corner was the angry face of Anakin and on the other side was a head shot of Obi-Wan. Below Yoda on one side was a ship or something and then on the opposite side there was some clones.
If I'm able to I'll scan the picture from the catalogue and post it ok??

Lyn
Here it is people, see-no Padme mad

Hypernova
I don't think that is a cover for either vhs or dvd ... just a poster ad maybe?

yerssot
yeah, as the official covers are on the left and right

Mujaffa
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/starwars.gif

Lyn
Oh Ok, a poster...thanx Yerssot, Hypernova thumb up
It was just because when I saw it it had that picture on it's own, without the other actual covers and it was rated M15+. That's why I thought it was an actual cover.

Hypernova
Mujaffa - how do we get that starwars icon?

Lyn
Yeah, they're pretty cool.

Hypernova
I saw one of those fan-made films and there was one where suggestions of this kind of relationship between R2D2 and C3PO was done.

The SW phenomenon is amazing!

moshihibana
i think padme and anakin are a good couple...

Lyn
Exactly moshihibana thumb up happy

mephistodesigns
I must say though, I'm not sure why GL can't do this now but why do I feel like Han & Leia want to rip each others clothes off before ESB is even over (let alone in the Ewok huts after the Battle of Endor embarrasment ) and Anakin and Padme look like they want to have afternoon tea and play croque(sp?). I mean, I know they're really into each other because I'm TOLD they are. I sure don't see it. Well, unless you count the deleted scenes, I thought those were waaaaay better than what he actually used. GL should have had Padme's family at the retreat on Naboo so they could still do those scenes with Padme's sister and them having dinner. It was a big place, they still could have had "alone" time for that picnic and the morning after his nightmares. The AOTC novel has all those scenes and they're really well done. I read it after the movie and was just like, well that movie sure wasn't what it could have been. And I love AOTC. (not to mention the great scenes about 3p0 training with battle droids, but that would have been a waste of screen time despite the humor factor) But it could have been better than ESB if he'd done it right. I know its hard, that he has to cram in the fall of the Republic, the rise of the Sith, the destruction of the Jedi, the formation fo the Empire, the change in the Force, AND the Anakin/Padme romance, but jeez, that one scene in ESB where Leia's trying to fix something and Han helps her but she doesn't want him to, "you like me because I'm a scoundrel, there aren't enough scoundrels in your life", that scene had more sexual tension than half the romance movies out there. . i mean, han had some lust in his eyes. and when 3p0 comes in all excited (buzz kill for han) and the gruf thank you he recieves. that was excellent. she slips away, continuing her playing hard to get. All through showing. That's like the first rule of writing, show-don't tell your audience. I realize ESB had a lot of down time, which shows Lucas is a good editor and can really pace a story, but he could have combined some scenes so that we really felt anakin lusting after her and her subdued love of him in return. I do love the scene where Ani and Pad almost kiss and she says NO! and the look on Hayden's face. That was funny as hell! Its like, "what'd I do, man I was really working that sand is rough and you're smooth, that was my best stuff!" Maybe it all just needs time to sink in, like ESB has certainly had time to do, but I'm pretty sure the meat of that love story was there, but GL just wasn't slicing it right.

Hypernova
laughing out loud

Cool post, mephistodesigns! thumb up

BTW, this site seems to have extra conversations that were not in the movie or the deleted scenes. Are they from the book?

Star Wars Episode 2 Plot Script by [email protected]

I know how unreliable this source is *pointing to SuperShadow*

Princess_Leia
I think me and Mephistodesigns have the same idea. You're told, they're really in love and whatever but you don't actually FEEL in when you're watching it.

mephistodesigns
and the best "showing" happens of screen, between II and III embarrasment wink

Lyn
I would've liked to have seen the scene's at Padme's house too mephisto...and the almost-kiss scene thingy was done really well, I thought.

and the best "showing" happens of screen, between II and III...laughing

Darth Hater
reading

Darth Hater
han and leia

Lyn
They were a nice couple too...

mephistodesigns
i suppose.... what about R2 and 3PO? Huh? I think sparks were flyin' wink

Princess_Leia
Yay for robot love!!!!!! and yeh I loved Han and Leia, the chemistry there was amazing and it was written so well, they were just plain cool! I wish we had of got to see them getting married, wouldn't it be funny if Darth Vader hadn't of died in the end and he ends up giving Han one of those 'man to man' talks? big grin oh the hilarity......

Lyn
laughing

Darth Hater
rolling on floor laughing

mephistodesigns
Anakin: "You hurt her, you will feel pain beyond you're most disturbing nightmares"
Han grimices and wets his pants...
Chewie (in wookiee) "you're on your own on this one buddy!"
Leia (just entering room with Alderaan Bride magazine): "Hi daddy!"
Vader: "hello pumpkin"

{cringes} oh the humanity blink

Lyn
laughing
Very clever mephisto thumb up

Darth Revan
Damn straight. Plus the acting in the Geonosis scene: "I truly, deeply love you" was just godawful. I apoligise to all those Natalie/Hayden fans, but really. About the sand thing, there is a cartoon at sfdt.com that is a short parody of ep. II. The scene on Naboo where Anakin talks about sand goes thusly:
Padme: "Oh Anakin"
Anakin: "Oh Padme
(repeated several times)
Anakin: "I hate sand. It's so... sandy. But you-- you're not sandy. And that's why I love you."

laughing I think that pretty well sums up the sheer awkwardness of the scene. Han and Leia are my favorite. Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford work together so f**** well!

ps: If there's an issue with posting a quote from a website like that, just get rid of it.

Darth Revan
oh d@mn.. I didn't mean to do that

Darth Revan
Actually, Chewbacca has a wife back on Kashyyyk.

Lyn
The sand line was odd huh?!?!
But that's not Natalie & Hayden's fault...they HAD to say those lines.
But that parody is pretty funny!! laughing

Darth Revan
Indeed it was... laughing out loud

Lyn
laughing
Oh and Darth Revan, I like your sig--Trinity's quote!! thumb up

Darth Revan
Why thank you Lyn. You have a nice picture on yours too. smile

HannaBananabal
Princess Leia, are you talking about you and Obi-Wan, with you as the Princess? If that's the case, I'd like it to be ME, (as me, not Hannibal mind you) and Obi-Wan!!

Princess_Leia
Yep, thats what I'm talking about and sorry but Obi Wan is taken! He's showing me his um....'lightsaber' wink

Lyn
Thanx happy
Trinity & Padme ROCK!! Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.