Very important in Episode 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pokey
Has anybody read a fact that Ben should not know of Lea's existence. There is a quote in ESB with Yoda and Ben's ghost on Dagoba when Ben says "That boy was are only hope" and Yoda replied "No there is another" which should conclude that in Episode 3 Ben shouldn't know about Lea. Hope George doesn't f&*# up that fact!

If you have a link that proves he wont send it in.

masterofmatrix
good point but dont get larry

yerssot
well, before you go on a "Let's bash GL because I don't like the movie" sherade...

Hasn't it ever crossed your mind that he didn't tought of Leia as a future Knight and wasn't worth the work? He rather trained Luke instead!
oh...
ever saw ROTJ?
He has a whole monologue about Leia being hidden to be safe and such, he DOES know she's there, he DOES know who she is and he DIDN*T think of her as worthy of getting a training!

Pokey
Just curious Waffle King have you noticed that in Episode 2 there were WOMEN Jedi's runing around to? And Yes I saw the triligy probably before you were born. All I'm wondering is there an explanation to this event in the movie by George somewere. I'm not trying to bash him either, I love his work.

yerssot
sorry, but from all the boards I visit, the only things I read are "let's kill Jar Jar" "I hope Jar Jar dies a gruesome dead" "GL should stop writing, he **** at it!" "AGAIN a big error in his movies" and such, after a while I get tired of such bashing, your post seemed to be another GL-bashing, that's why I wrote like that, sorry

btw, Waffle King is just a title here.
and I did notice there were female jedi's in both EpI and EpII *shivers at the thought of Yaddle*

OB1 just didn't found Leia worthy of a training, perhaps she isn't that good with the force ... or he's a sexist

Pokey
Maybe at the time the movie were made I mean late 70's. But you think that Ben will know about Leia's exictence? How about ESB When Yoda say's "there is another" when speaking to Ben's ghost.

yerssot
in RotJ he's the one giving the entire history of Leia being taken away and such
he knows she exists!

finti
that remark was made for the audience so we should be curiouse about this "other one".

Pokey
You know what Waffle I think your right! I remember now that seen. I guess now is who give a hoot who will bring Luke to Owen and Barou.

yerssot
Peter; who plays Chuwie, said GL told him that Chuwie will play a big part in the delivering of Luke to Owen, perhaps even doing it himself

Pokey
Ya I know about that to, I try to keep up to date especially know that they are filming. But I have a question for anybody. Once all 6 movies are out on DVD would you try to add in the deleted sceens with a movie maker software and burn it to a blank DVD.

yerssot
if it's possible to get them on your HD first, I would consider it
I'm considering placing all the lightsabre fights onto one DVD

Rogue Jedi
i thought yoda and obi wan planned on one day training luke, with leia there as a sort of contingency plan should luke fail.

Ushgarak
Yes, Obi-Wan just didn;t see Leia as a decent alternative. Frankly, I agree...

Rogue Jedi
rogue and ush agree on something.....WOOHOO!!!! just kidding, ush big grin cool

finti
I read the interview Peter Mayhew had and that chewie would be the tieing link between EPIII and Ep IV, doesnt mean he is the one delivering Luke to Owen Lars though. would be too much of a coincident that Luke and Ben choses the chip where Chewie is first mate. And I guess Ben would remember Chewie and the other way around.

yerssot
well, Luke didn't know him and it's still not sure if OB1 will see him

finti
i think obi wan will deliver Luke to the Lars

yerssot
that's hardly a spoiler imho, finti
it's what numerous fans expect

justinday15
I agree.

finti
even if you wont considered it a spoiler it is a maybe of ep III and then it should be used as a spoiler

Rogue Jedi
someone sent me a spoiler via e mail that said chewie would deliver the twins to tattooine, and that the wookkies would play a major role in an important battle scene. did one of you guys send me this?

Furius
Could it be that Obi didnt know about leia and when, as Luke was taking off, Yoda says "No, there is another." Then after the scene changes he says "Yeah, hes got a twin called leia" And tell Obi about it. this would exmplain why Obi says "That boy is our only hope" in ESB then knows all about leia in ROTJ. Just a theory...

finti
Furius , this is a film not real life

Rogue Jedi
yes, but hes just expressing his opinion on the film. i thought we could do that here.

finti
Opinion?????

Rogue Jedi
yes. everyone has a different opinion on the subject of obi wan knowing about leia. hes saying that after luke took off for bespin, maybe yoda told obi wan about leia, and thats how obi wan knew in ep.6. i dont agree with it, but he can post whatever he wants, as long as it is polite and he stays on topic.

finti
whats not in the OT films is mere speculations and belongs in the EU section

Rogue Jedi
neither one of us quoted EU. whats the problem?

finti
and the thing about after the scene of Luke leaving Dagobah, what would you call that then??????

Rogue Jedi
he is just saying that after luke took off there might have been more said between yoda and obiwan. maybe when luke was breaking atmosphere yoda told obi wan about leia. its not EU, its just a between scenes question. its not like we are talking about princw xizor or the yuuzhan vong.

VenomVA
I agree with Furius, I think Ben didn't know about her and Yoda told him about her after luke took off.

Ushgarak
I find that staggeringly unlikely!

finti
if it aint in the film, it doesnt matter

Rogue Jedi
then what is the point of even debating things here?

finti
debate Ep III

finti
What I am trying to say is that the films actually provide all the info we need, the conversation between Obi and Yoda as Luke lifts off was, at least in my mind, aimed at the audience. Just another question we longed for to be answered when ROTJ came. ESB had quite a bunch of cliffhangers actually. Some floating questions for ROTJ, will Han be rescued, is Vader really Lukes father, who is the other hope.

But hey feel free to discuss whatever you want as long as it is within "the frames" of the films. I butt in whenever I feel it gets to much EU

Mist
how long between ep 3 and ep 4?
cause if its about 10 years or so, how can the emperor and darth vader construct a death star, imperial academy, and all the other bits and pieces of the empire in this time?
really, palpatine should have started building all this early on, just after ep1.

Mist
also, if anyone has read the trilogy books where exar kun comes back to kill luke, with his new jedi learners, you will know that a scientist called Qwi Xux or something close to it designed the death star and it was built in the Maw, close to Kessel.
How can the Geonosians have come up with the death star? The planet is far from the Maw.

Mist
take that up the ass, Lucasarts.

Rogue Jedi
manners, mist....

finti
it is between 18-20 years between EPIII and EPIV and the MAw installation is EU and not part of George Lucas Star Wars. And what George says and does with Star Wars is the real thing so he said and filmed the Geonosians to be the brain behind Death Star so then it is like that. Dont mix EU with the canonical stuff

Ushgarak
Yes indeed, a prime example there of EU not actually being part of the Star Wars storyline.

finti
in fact it is an excellent example

Morph
I hope in Episode III, Chewie is the doctor who delivers Luke & Leia and Jackie Chan does the voice of Yoda....all just to piss people off.

Mist
but still, whats the point of the EU books if they are all full of different facts? Does George Lucas read EU books? Some of them have things which could be relevant to earlier films.

Rogue Jedi
everyone has their own opinions. some are more narrow minded than others.

finti
the EU books are a part of the Lucasfilm franchise and it is ther to make money on people who wants to go beyond THE REAL STAR WARS SAGA.
The STAR WARS FILMS does not regard the EU books since that is a separate plot and universe with stories that is not created by George Lucas. It would be the same as if someone wrote a book that is set to be between Two Towers and Return Of a King and it was regarded by some as a true part of the LOTR story

Rogue Jedi
dude, chill. you made your point.

finti
well it sure looks like someone really misses it all the time

Rogue Jedi
well, if someone misses it, they miss it. not everyone HAS to agree with you.

finti
it is not me they have to agree with. I am getting tired of pointing it out,
but George Lucas have dont regard the EU books to be part of the Star Wars universe he created. It is a simple as that

finti
To end this EU bittering once and for all, The EpIII, EP I& II and the EP IV, V, VI forums is about the FILMS and the events in the films ONLY

Ushgarak
The 'point' of the EU books is, of course, to be read and enjoyed by the people who like them, Mist. They don't HAVE to be part of the same storyline of the films for this to be so. I don't think anyone has any idea if GL reads them or not, but he does use things from them sometimes IF he likes them- whether that is from his own readings or from the suggestions of others made to him, we don't know either. For exampe, rumour has it right now that an EU character will be given a canonical outing in the new film.

But George Lucas never wanted HIS storyline to be limited or changed by what OTHER people had written. This is why EU forms part of an alternate continuity; everyone writing it is aware that what they say has no bearing on what GL chooses to be so in his films and the list of such contradictions is not small.

Rogue Jedi
finti, your last post was the best i've seen yet. blunt, no B.S., and to the point.
ps; it is bickering, not bittering.

finti
i know I saw it. I was gonna use bitter but change my mind and in a hurry things like that happen. I was at work and didnt have time to change it and it was all forgotten by the time I got home. Thanks for correcting it though.

Rogue Jedi
you get to use the net at work? i hate you for that!!!! laughing laughing just kidding. thats sweet. if i had net access at my job, i wouldnt get any friggin work done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.