Transferring the Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediOasis
In TPM we all learned about midichlorians, for better or worse, and that they gave people the Force. Now based on what we know these midichlorians are located in the blood. With that being said is it possible to transfer the Force to someone else? Like a disease can be transferred when you get blood from a carrier into your system or even through sexual intercourse.

Ushgarak
Nah. I think you're looking at it the wrong way around. Midi-chlorians are a natural lifeform, and therefore live in balance with what is available to them. Hence, the amount of midi-chlorians in a body will reflect that body's strength with the Force.

So, if you forced MCs into a body that wasn't force sensitive, they would soon all die or leave. In a force strong-body, left to its own, the Midi-chlorian level will eventually level out to its correct level- in fact, this is true of ALL bodies, just the correct level in a non-sensitive body is zero.

Otherwise they would just create super-Jedi by stuffing them with MCs! So, essential as the Midi-chlorians are to providing your link to the force, they are a symptomn of your natural sensitivity, not the cause.

finti
Maybe this is where the cloning part gets in. They actually try to clone by using blood high with midi-chlorians trying to create half jedi half soldier, but very controllable ones.
With that I mean military structure, where hierarchy is the key factor. Just follow orders no questions asked no feelings no remorse.

Ushgarak
Cloning blood high with midi-chlorians wouldn't work for the same reason- they are just a symptomn.

Hopwever, cloning a force-senstive person (who of course would have a good MC count, but that would be incidental) MAY result in another force senstive person, we don't yet know...

Ratcat
Limited "real world" knowledge of cloning would seem to indicate that all traits are clones.

Jedi Mercenary
I think the whole Midi-chlorians thing was the worst thing to happen in SW history. The idea that the amount of these little things determines how strong you are is rreeeaaaalll dumb. And they didn't have to classify it so much!! The whole mystery of "What is the force" was one of my favorite aspects of the films. Nope, instead, we have Qui-Gon explaining what the force is in one whole sentence. DUMB,DUMB, DUMB

Ratcat
What I don't get is how GL can come up with this for the PT when it weasn't in the OT. How's he explain the ommision. Information lost when the jedi were wiped out?? I don't think so. Yoda and OB1 both new about it.

Jedi Mercenary
as I said a while back,GL makes it seem like the PM has much more advanced technology than the OT, when EP1 is is 40 years in the past.

Dim
I wonder if GL will focus on it all in the next two episodes..I think maybe not..and just leave it as a set up in the first one for future audiences.

Ushgarak
I think there has been an overreaction here. In no way did Qui-Gon 'explain the force' in one go. The Force is still an incredible mystery, and the presence of symbiotic lifeforms that help our connection to it seems fine to me.

The one thing I don't undertsnad- "Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no understanding of the Force."

Well, damn right if life could not exist! What an odd thing to say!

Jedi Mercenary
there's one show this can relate to, "Secrets of Magic Revealed", I don't know if it was shown in the UK, but This masked magician revealed ALL of the magic tricks, they had 5 episodes! What I'm trying to say is, Some people don't want to know what the force is, just like some people didn't want to know the secrets of magic, I think they should just let it stay, and not reveal anything else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.