Deux Ex Machina

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

A Talking Dog
Does anyone know the actual definition of this terms: Deux Ex Machina

I know it has something to do with coincidence in solving problems in a movie. For example, in Terminator 2 when the guy who created SKyNet is sitting and working at his computer, just as Sarah Connor is about to shoot him outside of his window, and his child's toy race car speeds into him, distracting him and causing him to bend over, also indirectly making him dodge the bullet of Sarah Connor, saving his life. But if it wasn't for his kid's toy car, he would have been killed.

I guess it is the easy way out of a situation.
But if anyone knows the actual definition could you please tell me

Thanks.

yerssot
during greek plays, things with multiple characters and such (don't know the exact name anymore, don't want to look it up) could get so complicated that an actually answer wasn't that easy to give or to find or sometimes impossible...
so, the solution the writers found was to let someone sit in a chair and let him appear on stage, he's a god and he has the answer so everything would be ok...

mikesux
God from the machine.

Ludovica
god fear the machines.

fini
god of the machines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.