Episode II Select #31

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Well, that's pretty boring. A picture of the Seville location taken at a Jaunty angle...

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2001/06/img/select.jpg

Jedi Mercenary
ppffhh, that's preeeetty lame, if they want to get our attention, they need to show actual scenes and props and ships and things, not a vacation to Sevillem to film

JediOasis
We should have expected this, last week we got a good one, so the next few will probably be pretty boring.

Jedi Mercenary
if they want us to be bored just keep on showing pictures of Ian Mcdiarmid in A pub. Wait, I'd like to see that...

queeq
Guess we're done discussing this very soon.

Ratcat
Well yeah, not much can be said about a picyture that was done better by a fan site 6 weeks ago.

They even had hayden and nat filming in theres.

Raz
Finished discussing??? Never!

Heres some boring questions:
Which planet do you think it will be? (Naboo, of course)
Who will be in this scene? (Ani, Padme)
If its the palace, why would Padme still visit there?
Where do you think we will see this in the film?

And, why do they tease us with this @#%$????

Ratcat
I was lead to believe that R2 may be digitally addded to the scene as well.

Raz
Why digitally, when they could use the robot (...not Kenny smile )

Ratcat
Not sure, it was something I read. May have just been speculation, not sure. I have to admit I did wonder the same thing.

Maybe it is cheaper to digitally add him to that one scene than it would have been to ship the models to Spain, but then I thought they did ship R2 to Spain anyway.

queeq
Maybe we'll finally see R2 use his turbo thrusters like we were supposed to see it in the Senate in Ep1. I can see him zig-zagging the columns to fill up his spare time.

Ratcat
LOL, maybe. Rather a frivolous effect to use though.

Raz
Wow, I can't believe how much RC hates this pic, check this link out www.episode-2.co.uk/news/...9epiisel31

I've been looking more closely at the pic, and I noticed something weird. Theres no credit for the pic, its usually says something like "by George Lucas" at the bottom, but theres nothing for this one. Maybe theres more to the picture than meets the eye.....it might even be a 3D rendering. If you look at the pic, the shadows are a bit "iffy", as in they're not proper soft shadows, which is something that Maya is not good at doing...as it uses raytracing for lighting...

Theres only one problem......why?

queeq
You noticed all that from that pic? I'm impressed.

Ratcat
You right Raz, I really do hate it. And you look around the net and everyone is making these comparrison pics to say oh it's Seville. Of course it's bloody Seville, it was instantly recogisable as Seville!!!

What is the point, we know what it is, we know where it is, we've probably seen more pictures of this location than anything else and they give us a stupid select of it.

Personally I don't think it's a rendering, but if it is, what is the point??? Just to show how good there software is. How real their 3d artists can make it. We know this from Episode-I. Anyone with a coopy of 3d studio max and some time could make that imasge up if they felt so inclined.

No, I really do HATE this pic a lot!

COREWORLD
Kinda looks like a holiday photo gone wrong, y'know the one where you accidently take a picture as you're walking along without realising and it comes back from the lab and you think "Geez, i don't remember taking this!" Maybe that's why it doesn't have a credit this week. smile

Gundark
(Yawn) RC is right. Boring. More boring. Very boring. sad

Dim
I don't think it's a Rendering, Raz... Like RC said..What's the point?..I can't think that they need to build something like that to show an explosion or something...I mean..it's always possible..but it doesn't sound like something that ILM would spend time on. They will add digital bushes to a scene...but what's the point of creating a background from scratch when the live screen background would work just as well.. it's a huge was of money. And as for the lighting..It looks fine to me...it has that softish Southern European lighting that you see in Italy to me..and considering that it's part of the Naboo set..that makes sense. Maybe UBH will have more to add when he gets back from his little Spanish holiday laughing out loud

Anyway..that's my $.02

Ratcat
And you only have to spend about 2 minutes this week and you can see this same location from about 15 different angles.

GEORGE, DON'T BE A JERK, AT LEAST GIVES US SOMETHING WE CAN WORK WITH!!!

Raz
RC, calm down! Its only a select pic. Which, BTW, they give us willingly and through the kindness of their heart.

Dim, why would the sunshine differ from America and Europe???

queeq
Different latitude and different heights. Quite essential. The light in northern Europe is quite different from the Mediterranean. Israel is a bit more down south and the light is very different there. And when you go to Egypt, the light differs even more.

Now New York is about at the same latitude as Madrid, Spain. But the landscape is very different. Different trees, dirt, buildings, all that influences the perception of light.

Ratcat
He's spot on there.

Sorry Raz, When you gotta vent, you gotta vent.

Darth Daft
Why has no one mentioned that it could be the stadium?

Ratcat
Very unlikely. This picture is 100%, no doubt Sevillia and we have seen some of the scenes being filmed there in spy pictures.

Included in that were a lot of "civilians" in costumes that appear to be in the style of Naboo. This area is almost certainly an building on Naboo.

queeq
Yep, quite sure it's on Naboo.

finti
OK make up your minds sevillia or Naboo? laughing out loud
Nah I go for Naboo, I hope we get to se Alderaan , but I guess everything is white there. (what a fairytale)

Raz
The Seville is a real place in Spain, which is used as the Naboo settings.
I don't think we will see Alderaan in Ep2, it will more than likely be in Ep3.

queeq
That is too bad really. If that is actually the case. Weren't there supposed to be five planets in Ep2. I think we included Alderaan in that list before, didn't we?

Ratcat
And Sevillia is the Spanish spelling of Seville.

finti
Yeah, Expo 1992, and if you go to Sevillia visit a barber!laughing out loud

Raz
The five planets are:

Naboo
Coruscant
Tatooine
Kamino
Geonasis (sp?)

According to an email I got recently, "Kamino" is supposedly a swear word in a certain asian language?!

Ratcat
Hmmmmmm, in that case, as this is a multi-national board, shouldn't that post be moderated. laughing out loud

Dim
laughing out loud I want to know what it's supposed to mean.

queeq
So do I. laughing out loud

And Spanish for Seville is Sevilla. But it's pronouced "Sevi-ya". Hence perhaps the unjustly added "i".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.