palpatines age

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krautrocker
Right I've been reading reports of how in ROTJ palpatine's body looks older and decyaed than his age would suggest.

Well in EP 1 he looks like a man of about 50 yeah? Right ten years from ep 1 to 2 same from 2 to 3 , then 20 years from ep 3 to 4, this would make him 90 by the start of ep 4! Am I missing something here, but he may well be into his early 100's by rotj.

finti
Well there is not ten years between ep2&3 more like 1 or 2 years. Yoda is 9oo years and chewie is 200 years so why shouldnt palpy reach 100.

krautrocker
I wasn't saying he shouldn't I was commenting on reports that his body is decyaed due to the darkside, but to me his body looks like that of a very very old man.

Raz
Maybe having too many midichlorians in your blood increases your age rate....remember that Anakin Skywalker in ROTJ was played by Sebastian Shaw, who was in his 80's, when Anakin is meant to be in his 40's...

Darth Heinous
Darth Sidious/Palpatine's age is about in Episode 1. That makes him 10 years younger than Master Qui-Gon Jinn and 10 years older than Mace Windu.

Gundark
I think you missed a number there, DH...you think his age is what in ep1 ?

Darth Gehenna
He said 10 years younger than Qui-Gon and 10 years older than Mace, so that should make him 50 or so.

Ratcat
Isn't that exactly what krautrocker said?

krautrocker
Are you sure sebastian shaw was 80 in ROTJ. Perhaps casting an older man was delibrate as lets face it anakins body does go through quite a twist and decays but it's more to do with almost dying in a volcano than the dark side maybe. For me, palpatine looks about right in ROTJ.

finti
I think thats how Anakin would have looked had he been alive and well. Obi-Wan looks the same as a gohst as he did about the time he died, guess the same goes for Anakin. Without the scars and stuff this is what he would look like. Still and old looking 40 something year old guy.

Darth Heinous
I meant to say 50 years. The clones of Sidious/Palpatine in Dark Empie 1,2,3 age so quickly (due to the Dark Side's corrupting nature) that it's very hard to tell what the physical age Sidious/Palpatine is.

Ratcat
In a recent interview Ian McDiamid said that it was easy to play Palpatine in Episode-I because he is roughly the same age as the character he now portrays in the PT.

Though in the ROTJ he was heavuily made up because he was 17 years younger and playing someone 50 years older.

Here's the link: www.sunday-times.co.uk/ne...02001.html

Yerial Poof
smile Hi, So Palpatine is about 54 in Episode I then.......no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.