Anakin vs. Darth Maul.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
if darth maul and anakin were to duel, who would win?

justinday15
I think it would be a pretty good match, but i think Darth Maul would win.

ChinaNiki
Darth Maul because he has more patience.
Anakin has a tendency to act without thinking things through.

Ushgarak
Anakin seen in AOTC? Then Maul, clearly.

Rogue Jedi
maul? even though he has two blades? JUST KIDDING, USH...yes, anakin from attack of the clones, when he went over briefly to the dark side while slaughtering the tuskens. im gonna say anakin.

Baylin
It'd be close, but i think Maul would win. Anakin got the potential but not the experience

Rogue Jedi
im gonna stick with annie as he is slaughtering the tuskens.

KidRock
I think maul would definetly win hands down... Anakin is good and quick but also a reckless and doesnt quite think about what hes going to do ( the tuskens, Charging at dooku) Maul also has speed and experience on him. ( and a double bladed lightsaber! wink

Dexx
that saber's nothing if you can't weild it.even more....you can cut your own legg off if you're not carefull easier.
The aotc anakin wouldn't do much against maul. But he has more..way more potential than the sith. Maybe after he's trained by palpatine we see him in a different light

KidRock
Yes..but Maul knows how to weild a DB lighsaber VERY well as we saw in TPM

Captain REX
Not a very good argument. Lightsaber versus gaderfii sticks and potshot rifles isn't exactly a fair fight. Also, he practically took them by surprise.

Maul would definitely win.

Dexx
that's true but the dual blade isn't that much of an advantage when both fighters are good.
Obi did split his weapon afterall.

Rogue Jedi
obi wan split mauls saber because maul underestimated him.

Rogue Jedi
also, maul was a master at the dual bladed saber.

Dexx
how do you know. I may be so but you haven't actually seen any other dual blade users in the movies, have you?

he died because he underestimated him. too bad...i really liked maul

Rogue Jedi
how do i know that maul was a master at the dual bladed saber? read darth maul:shadow hunter. this is the EU section, so i can quote EU here as much as i want. you think maul could have held obi wan and qui gon off with 1 blade? no way.

Dexx
i have read it actually. And maul doesn't actually meet any worthy competition in it. he walk victorious every time.
The skill is in his training. dual blade or not...
If you remember that training session with the droids. Didious kept him in pretty good shape.

Rogue Jedi
the training session with the droids wasnt sidious's doing. maul designed those droids himself. the twilek master was worthy competition, but he cant beat maul. why? because maul has two blades!!!! darsha was only a padawan, but maul was impressed at her strength. remember when it says he was impressed at how "at one with the force" she was?

Dexx
yes, but he still didn't have any resonable oponents. I know that training wasn't sidious' doing but maul's training (in general) was by him.
I think he could've taken the master two bladed or not.

Rogue Jedi
no doubt.

Dexx
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bawling.gif
oh..why did he have to die..

grifta
if you mean Anakin from AOTC then Maul, since he was made to be just a weapon. Maul killed Qui-Gon and only died by INCREDIBLE luck from Obi-Wan.

Rogue Jedi
after obi wan split mauls weapon, obi wan had the advantage. right before maul force pushed him, obi wan has maul backing away, almost into the laser gates. he had almost won, but let his guard down for a split second, and maul took advantage.

Dexx
that bastard obi..couldn't he just fall?

Rogue Jedi
when obi wan was hanging there, maul taunts him. beat you!!! beat you!!! just do another force push and send him falling to his death!

Captain REX
But no, Maul had to rub it in...

Well, I give Maul some tribute in one of my fan fics. He's got a group of Dark Jedi on the run. He's told Sidious where they are and has been tracking them so that the Republic knows where they are because Sidious is really Palpy, and he's killed two of the Dark Jedi already. He's currently blowing holes in their ship with his starfighter.

Also, I showed a bit of Maul's overconfidence in his success. The main character damages Maul's saber with a DEMP 2 gun, the ion cannon-like gun from Jedi Outcast. Maul didn't consider him a threat, so he engaged the top three fighters of the group first.

Dexx
he was such a good character *sobs*

Captain REX
I agree. He looked a lot more menacing than any other Sith I've seen. Even Vader.

Dexx
yeah...in fact he's one mf my fav characters....

Rogue Jedi
i definitely wouldnt wanna run into him in a dark alley.

Dexx
bleah..i could take him stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
right. me too. NOT!!!!!!!

darth sage
yes this might be true that he did cut down his his weapon and equaled out the fight but only by toughing the darkside of the force

no jedi could have killed a sith with out using the darkside after he did he was scared of the power he felt and he know that the darkside and the ways of the sith was the true power

he was to afraid to do so again and he lost against darth tranus doo to this the jedi are weak and pathetic

Ken Benobi
I would say Maul because we know that even when Anakin is much better by the time of Episode III he still doesn't beat Obi-Wan. Granted Obi-Wan is a full master by then, but as has been stated already, Maul had the experience and training. I have to say though concerning the fight between Maul and Obi-Wan, I believe it was pride on both parts that led to their mistakes. For example, Maul was gloating at having got Qui-Gon, and when Obi-Wan came out of the corridor he was giving Maul something to worry about. When Ben finally has him against the wall, it is Ben who for a moment loses his concentration by being so consumed with getting revenge, that he becomes foolish, his sensitivity to the force being momentarily blinded I think. And the same thing when Maul is standing next to the pit, he has that look of confusion when Obi-Wan is using the force, so Maul was off guard too. So I think their gloating, pride,etc was what made them vulnerable. Just a thought....

Batman316
???this convo is getting too indepth for me....

Could Maul beat Anakin...... when Anakin was a Padawan sure but I think we'll all find that nothing can touch Anakin in ROTS. Even Obi's defeat of Anakin will be based more on luck than skill.

Obiwan - The luckiest Jedi in history

Sesse
And in his experience there is no luck...

Boris
Maul all the way, he was so cool, a sith of pure evil and lucas killed him sad

Darth_Nefarus
In all honesty, Maul would likely win the duel, but not kill him. I believe Maul would sense his powers and attempt to take him on as an apprentice. But then again, Anakin's double lightsabre might overwhelm the staff, if Obi-Wan could chop it in half, I am positive Anakin could with two lightsabres.

Julie
I'm voting for Anakin...he's cuter....ha, even pretty boys can get skewered:-).....er seeing that Annie was only a boy when Maul was at his finest...if he somehow lived until Anakin was an adult he'd be an old man so the former would have the advantage

Thirst
Maul wouldve won, no contest. Anakin couldnt even beat Obi-Wan when they battled, and Maul came close to killing Obi-Wan, so Maul wouldve won. The only reason Vader won against Obi-Wan in ANH was because he was old and Vader has cybernetic enhancements to add to his strength.

chilled monkey
Julie: Ah, but we don't know the lifespan of Maul's species, do we? If he had lived and faced Anakin from AotC, it's quite possible that Maul would still be in peak condition.

I'd say Maul. As noted, Anakin does lose control a bit too easily.

MadHeretic
Nope, not Maul. During that time period, an offician Statement from Starwars.com regarding Episode 3 duels said that Anakin Skywalker had been the most powerful Jedi that ever lived at that time - that means, more powerful than even Yoda and Mace Windu (that we'll see for ourselfs in Ep-3).

Just like Maul, Anakin has a lot of overconfidence and is too cocky. However, unlike Maul, he doesn't let that dominate him, and his control over the force is as great as his strength.

Darth Maul is no match for the man who was the most powerful of the Jedi (until Luke came into existence), the one who was personally responsible for wiping out all the Jedi (GL's statement).

I am not talking about the Anakin who was a young apprentice. I'm talking about the Jedi Knight who was already better than everyone else, and by embracing the darkside became even more powerful than ever,

Sith Master X
Well, if you took Anakin's performance in AOTC, the my guess is that Maul would have won. But at the point of ROTS, depending on how much Anakin has improved, then he may have prevailed.

Lord Ryugen
Maul would crush ATOC Anakin without much trouble because lets face it the boy was useless in that film. I mean who charges at a Dark Jedi master without thinking. ROTS Anakin though? Well we'll see won't we.

Sith Master X
I'm confident that we'll see a much improved Anakin in ROTS.

MadHeretic
^ You can be sure about that. Mace Windu and Dooku crumbles before Anakin, and there begins the Jedi Purge, where Vader himself was responsible for wiping out almost all the Jedi. Also, Yoda proves to be no match for the Emperor and goes into hiding.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.