Qui Gon Jinn vs. Count Dooku.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
if Qui Gon were to duel Count Dooku, who would win?

justinday15
hmmm... I would have to say Dooku.

Ushgarak
Probably Dooku.

KidRock
hmmm. thats a tough one.

Rogue Jedi
it would be a long, hard duel, but i think in the end, dooku would win.

Baylin
Dooku, after all Maul did beat Qui Gon in TPM and he couldn't even do the lightning thing!

Rogue Jedi
the only advantage dooku would have is that he trained qui gon, so he would know his fighting style, and vice versa.

GABRIEL05
does it say in EU that Maul hadn't mastered the lightning thing? I'm just curious. I think that Qui Gonn wouldn't have beaten Dookie, but he could have beaten Maul under better circumstances.

Dexx
umm..no. Qui gon's not that of a good duelist. He wasn't a match for maul and he would certainly not be for dooku.
He was good at something else...

KidRock
and whats that?

Dexx
he's wise. If fully trained (if there is such a thing) he seems more force attunded than others.

Captain REX
We was more focused on using the Force than dueling.

Rogue Jedi
qui gon is not a good duelist? which episode 1 version did you watch?

Rogue Jedi
and yes, qui gon could have beaten maul if he had done 1 or 2 things differently.

Dexx
umm..no, he couldn't.
Siths aren't to be joked with either.

Rogue Jedi
qui gon could have beaten maul if he had obi wan with him. i have already had this discussion and it looks like i have to relive it.

Dexx
umm..i don't know.
Maul was a better duelist then any of them. but better then both at the same time...dunno..he might have been.

Rogue Jedi
ive said before that although qui gon fought valiantly, he should have waited for obi wan. i dont mean "hey, time out, maul" but he could have slowed his attacks and allowed obi wan to catch up. maul was obviously leading them into a trap. why do you think he was fighting a retreating battle the whole time? PS: have you read darth maul:sabotuer? its the one EU book i dont own. i cant find it anywhere. is it good?

Dexx
nope..i tried to find it also. Didn't find it....oh..i think i saw it at chapters last year. Dunno why i didn't get it.

Rogue Jedi
if it is half as good as shadow hunter, ill but it.

Captain REX
I need to read Shadow Hunter first. Maul bites his Master doesn't he?

Sidious: "Come on, stop trying to bite me and bite me!"

Maul: "If you insist..."

Rogue Jedi
huh???????

Dexx
i only get the matrix parody part but don't recognise the lines.

shadow hunter was and still is in fact the best EU i've read.
way better than these NJOs wich can't seem to impress me yet.

Rogue Jedi
i love the new jedi order. the best EU books ive read? shadow hunter, shadows of the empire, the courtship of princess leia. not in that particular order.

Dexx
the NJO's are really superficial in some parts. I've even read better fan fics that some parts of the books...really

Rogue Jedi
i like the yuuzhaan vong weaponry being organic. when the jedi fight them, they cant sense them in the force. kind of makes them worthy adversaries.

Captain REX
Do my fan fics count for that? big grin

I think the whole "Can't sense Yuuzhan Vong" thing is just kinda wack. If their alive, you should be able to sense them.

Dexx
*avoids question* whistle big grin

i like their tech too. Except sometimes it resembles the mear technical one too much. They could have thought of different ways to transpose it into organic matter.

the can't sense thing....well...the yasalamiri works on the same way..and he's alive. And that porky creature in shadow hunter..that one too.

Captain REX
I don't mind the ysalamiri, they can fight back. I need to read Shadow Hunter.

Dexx
you mean can't.
yes, but the principle's the same as in the vong. Or not....if i think of it. A jedi can't act when in the influence of the miri. But with the vong it just doesn't affect them

Rogue Jedi
yes. the ysalmiri block a jedis access to the force. the vong dont block the force, they just cant be sensed via the force. their tech is pretty badass, dexx. i like the crab vondun armor and their amphistaffs the most.

Dexx
yes...they're kewl but i actually don't like the fact the the staffs are saber resistant. I know they had to put something up to match the sabers but organic matter vs high temp laser? dunno.

Rogue Jedi
the thing about them coming from outside the galaxy has a lot to do with that. different substances and elements.

Dexx
yeah but still..
Anyway. if not for their incredible material resiliance..they'd be no match for jedi.

Rogue Jedi
its like you said before, dexx. they have to have a weapon resistant to a lightsaber.

grifta
The Emperor took Maul and made him into a weapon, nothing more. He knew very little force powers, just knew how to duel with a saber, hence a dual lightsaber.Not many can weild one and live to tell about it, Maul a greater lightsaber fighter but Dooku more intune with the force so Dooku > Maul.

Rogue Jedi
maul not strong in the force? youre kidding, right? he force pushed obi wan at least 10-15 feet!!!! did you see when he used the force in ep.1 to grab that thing (i dont know what it was, maybe a severed droid head) and fling it backwards to open the door to the naboo generator room?

Captain REX
Maul weak in Force powers? What are you smoking?

Besides, this isn't a Dooku vs. Maul thread.

Dexx
yup...maul was pretty much force atuned

Ushgarak
Though we only ever saw him push.

Dexx
well he's no dooku..but...he looked pretty determined.

Rogue Jedi
maul was very strong in the force. anyone who says he had little force powers must be a trekkie. evil face

Dexx
grifta's a trekkie evil face

Rogue Jedi
i hate star trek...sorry, i just hate it.....

Dexx
yeah..me too.

Captain REX
BACK ON TOPIC!

Anyway, it was a damn good push. Especially on fellow Force-user.

Dexx
yup....but you can see he's good..just by his movements..him opening those doors....oh

Rogue Jedi
hell yeah...maul rocked hard. he just got careless.

Dexx
read his fight with the droids again today.....oh damn..he was good

Captain REX
Damn, I couldn't find Shadow Hunter at the local bookstore. Better try Barnes & Noble.

Rogue Jedi
try waldenbooks. they have a huge star wars section. if they dont have it, they will order it for you.

Dexx
or chapters

Captain REX
Thanks.

Rogue Jedi
por nada......

Captain REX
What's that mean?

Dexx
for nothing (rough translation)

Rogue Jedi
sorry. my wife is teaching me spanish and i let it flow over to here. wont happen again.....

LeAtHerRFace
Ofcourse Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.