(SPOILER)Padmé Does Die and i will tell you a couple of the creators ideas!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_David

Rogue Jedi
the jedi kill her because she married anakin? ok.

finti
what a load of crap, why the hell should the jedi kill her just because she married Anakin. The only actions they probably do, and can do, is expell him from the jedi order

justinday15
Your right she'll die, but probably not in episode III.

Rogue Jedi
yeah. i can just se yoda and mace dressed as the hitmen from pulp fiction, putting a hit on padme.LOL laughing

justinday15
laughing out loud

Corran
Well actually I can see Mace dressed as Jules from Pulp Fiction.

Lucas Sucks!
I just want Mace Windu dead at the begining so i dont see him again in the rest of the movie. Happy Dance

Rogue Jedi
what have you got against mace? he rocks!

Morph
I don't care who kills who, as long as Jar Jar Binks is mercilessly slaughtered.

chica16
as long as jar jar dies a slow..... painful....... terrible death... i could care less if they all prance around and sing songs for the rest of the movie

KidRock
HOW and better yet WHEN will she die??? if she doesnt die in ANH and not in EPIII then when lord when?!

GABRIEL05
Remember when she dies she has to be old enough for Leia to remember her. So what, about 3, maybe 4? But the Jedi putting a hit out on her is pretty abstract.

Ushgarak
If she doesn't die in ep. III- and there is good reason to think she does not- then she dies between trilogies.

Stovenutts
like most people know, anikin and obie one will duel at sometime in the movie. i think a good reason would be that obie is spossed to protect her throughout the movie. at some point pademe is killed and anikin will probably place the blame on obie.

Obi_Wan2003
the jedi kill her cuz she married anakin?????
yeah.....and all the trouble they went through in the first two movies to save and protect her they would just kill her off.......idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

GABRIEL05
STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI
LUKE: Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

LEIA: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.

LUKE: What do you remember?

LEIA: Just...images, really. Feelings.

LUKE: Tell me.

LEIA: She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad. Why are you asking me all this?

OK so here's the deal. In A New Hope Leia and Luke are 18. Episode III is 19 years before A New Hope . So this means two things; Episode III spans more than one year, and Padme has to die at least 18-16 years before A New Hope (unless George Lucas plans to contradict himself). Unless Episode III spans about 3 or 4 years, then she cannot die in the movie. If she does, I couldn't give two $#its...

Ushgarak
Yup, as I mentioned, we have good reason to think she does not. But as this argument has been done SO much to death before, I suggest anyone who wants to read more into it checks out the back threads.

P-NuT
i wreckon count dooku kills her, then anakin kills dooku hence joining the dark side. since there has to be 2 sith dooku would have to die.

imhotep

finti
hmmm maybe, actually a very good suggestion there imhotep

imhotep

finti
I believe Anakin is unaware of Padmes pregnancy, if he knew she was pregnant Anakin and the emperor would REALLY be looking for the kid.
Just something Obi said to Luke, " The emperor knew as I did if Anakin where to have any offsprings they would become a threat to him"

imhotep

Ushgarak
We don't know.

Morph
This movie's gonna have to be like, 8 hours long for this to work. If not, it'll probably suck Kelly Osbourne's fat cheeks.

KidRock
kelly osborn does have some fat cheeks!

Mist
i hope padme dies during the film, not some time before
i want to see some solid proof she dies.

Ushgarak
It would NOT be before! Either during or, as seems more likely right now, after.

Bicnarok
Yep that sounds cool, and sidious blames ome jedi like mace winndu for her death which would cause anni to go on a slaughtering spree, sounds good to me.

JediOasis
Its already been confirmed that EPIII will clock in at around 2 hours, give or take just like all the other SW movies. And although this hasn't been confirmed its my guess that the timeframe within the movie will only be a few days just like all the others. As for Padme's death, I hope she does die onscreen(not trying to sound morbid) but leaving her in limbo would suck.

Ushgarak
Yet very difficult for her to, with a standard timeframe.

imhotep
Just a thought, something that's been in the back of my head and just surfaced.

In ANH Obi-Wan/Ben Kenobi says something like:

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. I haven't gone for that name since, well, SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN"

Could this be a hint about the cronology of events in Ep.III?

finti
yeah this is something Lucas must consider, and my guess is that Obi wan is on the run and takes on the name Ben. Doesnt hide to much with his last name though

imhotep
I always thougt that was a bit obvious, but hey, it's a different galaxy right?

finti
and far far away

xeous
You think that possibly Anakin kills Padme? (Intentionally, after joining the Dark Side)

yerssot
rumor has it, yes

Darth Jello
read my post on the liddle rumor thread, all will be answered

DenDen42
I dont want to see Natalie Portman die on screen. She is wasy to hot for this to happen. I think that her death will be mentioned at the end of the movie but not shown.

mephistodesigns
i always thought he would but it just seems to out of character, considering all he risked to be with her? even evil, what would he gain from her death?

Dirty Vader
Maybe Nute Gunray will have something to do with her death. He's been after her in the two previous movies and still hasent gotten what he wanted.

Shadowkiller
Thats a good point . What if Nute finall gets what he wants Padme's head (no pun intended)

Elektrik_Storm
she has to die on screen because even though she is very hot they can't leave it between trilogies cos so many people would complain alien alien Happy Dance alien alien love zorro

Shadowkiller
I think It would be cool if they made it look like she died but brought her back in EU to fill in the plot hole of Leia's memory.
It would make for good reading and all would be happy.

Darth Jello
leia's memory is not a plot hole if you read current spoilers and think about it. If you think about a lot of alleged plot holes you'll find that they really aren't

VengeanceGOD
Jello, once I finally see this movie, we'll have to have a discussion about it.

Until then, as always, I'm going as spoiler free as possible. This is NOT going to be like Episode I where I know the entire plot before I see the movie. wink

Darth Jello
ok, well then lets not discuss inconsistancies (or lack of any that I can see) until after the archival edition is released and there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

mephistodesigns
jello--good call about holes not really being holes when you pay attention. that's like my F@#$ing mantra!

Darth Jello
seriously, the only plotholes that I see in star wars are the english text and numerals in ANH, the emperor in ESB, and other stuff that is purely visual. Yoda DID teach Obi-wan, Anakin WAS a good pilot when Obi-wan first knew him, the mandalorians DID fight in the clone wars because all the clones have jango's mandalorian blood (that's why durge hates them so much). Leia's memories of her mother DO make sense (thats all i'll say here). if there are any more "holes" I'm sure I can fill them in

Shadowkiller
You know Jello your right . I guess we really wont now untill after EP3

VengeanceGOD
I can't really tell the difference between the two Emperors. I didn't even know there was one until it was mentioned on these forums. smile

yerssot
come on, one of his eyes nearly drops out of his head wink

Darth Jello
the emperor as we know him was Ian mcdiarmond in makeup. the emperor in ESB was an old woman with make up, chimpanzee eyes superimposed over hers (thats why they seem out ofplace and shake) and Clive Revell's voice.

Shadowkiller
There is a cool episode 3 pic of her on hyperspace.

LanceWindu
If anyone can Print Screen that pic and send it to me via E-mail I would appreciate it.

Shadowkiller
I tried to post it here for you but It wouldnt allow me .My computer skills are weak. In picture u can tell shes pregnent and is in a purple dress its a side profile view.

LanceWindu
Send it to my [email protected]

GABRIEL05
someone pm me the link

Lyn
What's all this talk about two Emperors??

Btw people, I love the new Christmas touch...GORGEOUS!!

mephistodesigns
a different actor played him in 5 than in the other episodes. They really should replace him with the current one on DVD. It wouldn't take much time, and it would really improve the scene.

yerssot
actor? it was an actress with eyes of a monkey messed

Lyn
laughing

I just thought it was Ian McDiarmid in all of them...

Fallen Jedi
Padme should die in Episode III. She is too important of a character not to. Though I don't want to see her die, her death would really add to the movie. And I don't think that Anakin should kill her. He risked getting expelled from the Jedi Order for her and it him great effot just to win her over. Why would he kill her? He loves her too much.

Anakin shouldn't know about the pregnancy either. Actually, I think that Padme should already have given birth in Episode III. She should try to tell Anakin but fears that the news might be a distraction for him. In the first place their entire relationship and marrigae is completely forbidden and having children just makes their situation even more complicated. Secondly, she knows that Anakin has a lot to deal with, with him fighting in the Clone Wars and everything.

In Episode III, I also think that GL should establish the idea that both Anakin and Padme are still deeply in love with each other, but that their relationship is now underlined with tension between them. Ultimately, I think that Padme should be forced to choose between Anakin and the Republic. She sees the darkness in Anakin and fearing for him goes to Obi-wan for help. Anakin finds out, and feeling betrayed blames Obi-wan.

Lyn
I really like what you said about her having to choose. And, although I adore Padme's character and would hate for her to die...I think you're right. She is too great a character to be left in lingo.

Also, having it that the birth has already happened, or, happens at the beginning of the film, is a great idea. Another thing, ((I seem to like a lot of your ideas FJ)) showing how deeply the two of them love each other but also how intense their relationship is, or has become, is crucial.

Fallen Jedi
Thanks Lyn. big grin

Its nice to know that someone out there is on the same wave length.

Julie
That's not a very good spoiler when you put the spoiler in the title

Shadowkiller
I am positive I read on TFN one day that GL shot sceens with different outcomes for this one sceen where she survives and another where she dies.

VengeanceGOD
I hate to say it, but she HAS to die. If she lives, why on earth would Anakin turn to the dark? Remember, it was the love of his family that saved Luke.

Shadowkiller
True indeed.

Darth Jello
this is what I will say about padme's death. George Lucas said that Anakin was a tragic hero. the literary definition of which is someone who starts at his peak and then tragically false to his lowest, hurting and alienating many he loves. look at macbeth and hamlet. now consider that and the news of padme's demise. Their's only one person that can and will kill her

Julie
poor Padme......

Lyn
Thanks Lyn.

Its nice to know that someone out there is on the same wave length.

...Anytime!! Koolies!! happy Happy Dance thumb up

Though I agree with you VG...I also agree with Julie...

Julie
death to the heroine......
it may make EPIII the greatest of the star wars movies....it's one of those plot points that could make it or break it

Lyn
I agree...if she does die...it better be dramatic and done in a way that even us die-hard Padme Amidala fans, will be pleased.

Julie
true...no one likes a dumb death....like if she fell of a building on Coruscant by accident that would kinda suck

Darth Jello
i'm 100% sure she won't die a boba fett death

Julie
Eu.....boba didn't die

mephistodesigns
oh now you've done it. You're an instigator aren't you Julie?
By the way, your signature is very well done.

Julie
Why thank you....er I had nothing to do with that....I merely commented that I would like one and I believe it was godshinto who did the work

LanceWindu
All it is is the old StarWars.com intro page with her name added and it's been shrunk.

Nothing spectacular about it.

Julie
oh don't be such a wet towel about it....it does look nice...even if it was simple roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
It took him maybe 3 seconds.

Julie
Annnndddddd?????

LanceWindu
It's nothing special.

finti
nothing like my awesome sig

LanceWindu
Or mine.

VengeanceGOD
It may not be anything uber-difficult to create, but it still LOOKS nice. So go Julie for having it.

Fallen Jedi
I agree with VegeanceGOD. Julie, your sig is awesome! cool People, stop hating. It looks really nice regardless of how long it took or how simple it was to create. You go, Julie! big grin

Lyn
I agree...GO JULIE!! Padme and Leia in the one sig...what's wrong with that??

Peloquin
It actually caught my attention right away, I like it.

Less is often more.

Lyn
happy

There's another one with Padme/Leia...it's alright too...but Julie picked the better one!! thumb up

finti
anything more on Padmes fate?

LanceWindu
Errr....she dies a horrible death?

queeq
Yeah, what gives. Any new yet if they're gonna put the death scene in it at all?

Ushgarak
No, we cannot seem to find any confirmation one way or another at all.

Orlando
I still think she's gonna die during Episode III, been saying that since the beginning. I have my reasons as to why I think this way (as I've posted earlier this year), but it's mostly just a hunch. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see...

Lyn
We shall...

VengeanceGOD
It's been said a zillion times, but I'll say it one more time: She HAS to die during Episode III. There's no way the story can continue to a satisfying end with Padme alive.

It's funny that I love Natalie Portman so much, yet will be pissed if she lives. smile

finti
it will contradict ROTJ if it goes the way you wont.
If she does die and contradicts Leia words from ROTJ it shows that GL really aint on top of things at all

Ushgarak
I do not agree that she has to die for a satisfying conclusion.

mephistodesigns
definetly, if anything, her dying would be an unsatisfying conclusion.

Julie
I agree with Ush.....however....I think that there are a lot of endings that would be good that would include her death

mephistodesigns
such as? I'd like to hear suggestions, cuz a lot of times I hear of cool stuff I'd never come up with on my own.

Julie
What's the use in me speculating?????....I've no influence one way or another....

Shadowkiller
I dont think she has to die either to make a better conclusion.
But if people want a dark movie she is going to have to bite the dust.

mephistodesigns
sounds so far like its gonna be damn dark with or without her death onscreen.

LanceWindu
I want it REALLY dark...evil face

Shadowkiller
I want it to be dark and action packed.
I am tired of my brother telling me Return of the King is better then any Prequel movie. Though I do appreciate lord of the rings alot I want Episode 3 to blow it out the water.

Freddy_vs_Jason
i agrre i loved ROTK and its obious that in episode 3 padme will die and when anakin finds out he'll go over the edge and run into the syth emperor and he'll say too join him and get to avenge padme's death coz she has 2 die, i mean shes not in ne of the sequels is she, duh!!

yerssot
neither is Naboo, doesn't mean it's blown up to smithereens, duh!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Julie
true...just the minor fact that GL didn't think of Naboo until the recent decades.....anyway "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" ok that's out of my system...I can now go on and deal with the tragic...and hopefully drama filled death of Padme Amidala Skywalker

Freddy_vs_Jason
u just completley ignored what i just said!

yerssot
and I wonder why roll eyes (sarcastic)

super shadow GL
yeah wonder why???? yes yes yes

super shadow GL
you go julie

Linkalicious
I heard that Anakin kills her because he's pissed that she goes to Obi-Wan for help instead of him. He feels that she doesn't trust him and so he force chokes her, but doesn't control his own strength. Then he blames Obi-Wan for deceiving her and then he attacks Obi-Wan. After that battle his body is mutilated and he gets his Vader suite.

super shadow GL
pretty much wath i want to see

Shadowkiller
sounds good to me

super shadow GL
yeap

Lyn
I still don't like the fact Anakin may kill her. If she has to die, I'd rather it wasn't by her husband.

Bicnarok

super shadow GL
yeap

hana_skywalker

finti
yeah it has been one of the rumors flying around

super shadow GL
flying rumour???no!it has a 50% chance of happening

hana_skywalker

Lyn

finti
well then it just a big chance it wont happen and that makes it a flying rumor

super shadow GL
yeah wath i meant to say is that its probably going to happen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.