Pirates of the Caribbean ride?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty

FLICKNAVY
Yeah its a cool ride, some scenes in the movie reminded me of it

BellaButterfly
Yes it is an amazing ride!!!!!!I live in southern CAlifornia and most of the scenes from the movie are based from the ride !!!! Like when the prisoners are trying to give the dog the bone so they can get the keys, well that scene is an exact replica of a scene from the ride! It is a boat ride by the way, it's mighty slow but gret fun! rock

~ bunny <that's me!

badkittykitty
wow that sounds cool.does it have alot of creep stuff?

edwinian
Its definately my favorites ride ever...so cool. and yes...the movie has several really cool references to the ride which makes it really fun to try and find while you are watching the movie. its a great movie too- you should definately go!

MissesDepp?!
That ride is awsome! it's my all-time favorite ride of...all-time lol! i love pirates although they were bad but hey as the song says:

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle the loot.
Drink up me hearties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.
We extort, and pilfer, we filch and sack.
Maraud and embezzle and even hijack.
We kindle and char and inflame and ignite.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.
We're rascals and scoundrels, we're villains and knaves.
We're devils and black sheep, we're really bad eggs.
We're beggars and blighters, ner do well cads.
Aye but we're loved by our mommies and dads.
Drink Up me hearties, yo ho.

YAY! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

sk8stuff09
ive heard of the ride in disney land, but ive never been there. but at disney WORLD there is a ride when u go in a mansion with all these ghosts in it. its like the movie... Happy Dance

FLICKNAVY
The ride is at disneyworld too unless they took it down years ago. havent been there for bout 12 years.

MissesDepp?!
I don't like Disney WORLD i mean Disney Land is the original and all the rides there are all about special effects

badkittykitty
so is it at both parks? I plan on going to disney land next year with my husband.

FLICKNAVY
Yep, its at both parks Kitty

happy kine
i live an hour away from disney in orlando... i liked the ride better when they had the pirates chasing the women... no more... i liked the ride when i was a kid and must have rode it 100 times. i even liked waiting in line, it was like going into a pirate cave and they had little things setup to perpetuate that htat.

MissesDepp?!
ya i love that ride!! i dunno why but the words "Pirates" and "Caribbean" r so cool! i love pirates...even the bad ones...i like bad boys! rock

MissesDepp?!
that scene wit the dog? here's a pic (funny scene)

BOPRecruit 16
i haven't been on that ride in ages! my dad told me that if you look closely as you watch the movie, you can tell which scenes were shot in the actual ride! neat! *some reason my google can't find pix for this movie, sux!*

~Battosai Yuriko~

MissesDepp?!
ya but still cool! YAY! POTC

Catch 22
Yes, but only very loosely.

Haven't been on PotC for about 2 1/2 years, maybe this year we'll give it a whirl.

MissesDepp?!
I go on it first each time i'm there.

JackSparrowLuvr
DUH OF COURSE THERES A RIDE ITS LIKE SO OLD!! eek! blink

pirateschick
Originally posted by JackSparrowLuvr
DUH OF COURSE THERES A RIDE ITS LIKE SO OLD!! eek! blink they are redoing the ride to make it liek the 2nd movie

pirateschick
the are redoing the ride to make it like the 2nd movie

Wolfie
POTC is a classic ride. I live in So Cal and have a pass to Disneyland so I've been on it a zillion times. The small references the movie made to the ride (particularly the dog with the key) were funny.

I couldn't sit through The Haunted Mansion movie but the ride too is a classic one. I love it now between October and December they change it to a Nightmare Before Christmas ride which is great too.

Lycan5100
i love the ride, i do think that disney world is better it has a lot more but i cant be sure, ive never been to disney land.

Wolfie
Ummm yeah.... It's kinda hard to compare two theme parks when you haven't been to one of them.

dementedde
I loved those attractions! I have been to orlando and Paris Disneyland plenty of times and still can't get bored of them.

The Country Bears is a show which everyone sits in a theatre. There is three heads of mooses (if I remember correctly) that says jokes to the audience. Then we have audio-animatronics of bears on the stage that pretty much gives you a few country and western songs with lyrics based on them. I have one of the songs on the Disney album I bought from there. It's a good song. Also the female bear is in it from the movie. Not sure if the other characters are in it though, can't remember their names. Not a popular attraction at Disney and is only good first time around and also to get out of the sun for ten minutes (It's based in Orlando's)

The Haunted Mansion is called something else in the Paris version of it, can't remember the name. You're in a cue for ages but alot keeps you entertained through this. Like when you go into a room that the walls stretch (which I personally think is a elevator for you to go below ground) and also things that happens in corridors as you cueing. The cast members also make an effort to make you jump. You get on your 'doom buggies' and go on what is like a expensive ghost train ride through the mansion and then out into the graveyard. What I don't like is that there is too much going on at once and the buggie goes fast so you fly through the ride making you feel that you haven't seen everything. Which I suppose is kinda good for non-repetitive value. You can see ghosts in the mirror behind you, those three singing statue heads, hitchhiking ghosts, the womans head in a ball on a table with musical instruments floating in the air, and ghosts dancing through furniture and a long table which appears to be someones birthday party. In the Paris version there are different things. Like you go through a haunted Western town which I didn't agree with very much, and everything that the orlando version had seemed scattered at all the wrong different places. I enjoyed this ride, it's all great fun

Pirates of the Carribean is a boat ride adventure. There is alot of standing around to do which haven't got much going on, just the scenery. Luckily there isn't much cue for this ride at all, despite a film is based on it. The Paris one is different to the orlando, more of the highlights are the same, maybe scattered around a bit more like the Haunted Mansion was. You just see random pirates, some sceneries you will recognize from the movie and about two characters from the movie as well, but don't expect Cpt Jack Sparrow or any of the more famous characters! It's an alright ride, not too fussy on it though but it's just as fun as The Haunted Mansion never the less.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.