Best Movie Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P-NuT
What do you think is the best series of movies ever made. Has the LOTR forced Star Wars to shame? Has Harry Potter cast a spell over the Matrix. You decide.

Please take the time to vote as i would like to see a variety of choices.

Kes
Well difficult to chose berween The matrix, Star wars and LOTR. But since Star wars new eps, IMO, suck big time compared to the old onesmessed And when I think of the last ep of LOTR or the last ep of The matrix I have to say that I can't wait for The matrix so that's what I chose stick out tongue

Dexx
out of those up there..i guess the matrix

mardook
I just noticed my post didn't work... damned internet explorer.
Anyway, I voted for LOTR.

smile

Korri
The Matrix wins hands down....but i suppose there r alot of my favourite cars in bond films..but the Matrix films have Keanu Reeves so ya The Matrix films big grin

BOPRecruit 16
lord of the rings all the way!

Dexx
16 cylinder cadillacs don't do it for you, korri? stick out tongue

Kes
I'd prefere the Austin Martin to the Cadillac wink

chica16
LOTR once completed will definetely be better than matrix and star wars

Tired Hiker
LOTR doesn't need fancy cars and chases and half naked chicks in tight shiny spandex doing gymkata with assault weapons and invisible cables tied to their backs. LOTR is the best movie series by far. It's rare for movies like LOTR to even be made anymore. If the next Matrix movie sucks worse than the second one, I'll feel so cheated by the Warchowski (sp) brothers and their bullet vision antics that I might just protest in front of the Mann's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood on opening night. mad

blackicedragoon
tooo hard i had to pick matrix only cause im exited to see matrix revolutions. i like star wars and lotr of course!!!

undomiel
lord of the rings is the best

BOPRecruit 16
hey, dexx! what show/comic or anime is your avatar character from?

My name is Neo
i don't like lotr that much, its kinda boring except for the fight scenes, i haven't even seen the second one yet. The first one was okay not great.
I guess im not the fantasy type, but more sci-fi action type. I think matrix is cooler, but star wars(except for ep.1 and 2) is a sci-fi epic, so i choose star wars.

DemonicGambit
I'm gonna go with...The Matrix

Smllfry247
Lord of the rings all the way, baby!

There is no competition: THE MATRIX SERIES HAS THE BEST PLOT OF ALL TIME, AND THEY DO IT WELL

wicker_man
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Despite not seeing RotK i am still gonna say the Lord of The Rings Trilogy.
Despite having two awful later instalments The Alien Series pure horror genius.
The original Romero zombie trilogy.
The James Bond series.
The Kevin Smith franchise.
The Monty Python Series even though The Meaning of Life was poor still a good comedy series.
The Terminator series.

billyboyd4ever
LOTR wins hands down!!

ragesRemorse
i have to go with star wars, never before has any movies revelutionized the way people make movies, although the brothers from matrix have come close i stil say indiana series is the best, and from reading above id have to say kevin smiths movies are a close second his jersey connections and the end of jay and silent bob yeah i had to wipe away tears at the end of that movie knowing they werent gonna be in any of his other movies

Korri
MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX MATRIX

YALL GETTING THE MESSAGE? big grin

LilyGinnyBlack
This is soooo easy! Why Lord of the Rings, of course! AWESOME troilogy and BRILLIANT book!!! big grin

Tired Hiker
Dude, you'd probably dig the second lotr a lot more. The whole movie is almost one big fight scene. Check it out.

JediOasis
I think everyone is kidding themselves who don't think Star Wars is the greatest and most successful film series of all time. If it wasn't for SW you probably would not have LOTR(which wouldn't be a bad thing, I've never seen more boring movies) or The Matrix or even Harry Potter. No series of movies have had the cultural impact that Star Wars has, hell, its even spawned its own religion. Everyone of the books released is in the New York Times top 10 and all the video games are top sellers upon their release. George Lucas is the greateset storyteller of our time and not one movie series has come close to touching Star Wars yet.

DeNiro
u guys r nuts the james bond seires r the best there is like over 20 of them and they r all action and have hot chicks in em and they r just ****in cool as hell. but i luv the matrix but there is only 3 of them so i am thinking they dont deserve it as much as james bond series. and u should have put the freddy kruger movies on ur lil poll.

ragesRemorse
george lucas the best story teller. Maybe a long time ago yeah the original SW series is prolly the best theres somthing that anyone can appeal to on there, but after watching the new movies i believe Lucas was lieing when he said he wrote them along time ago theres just so much that doesnt fit , im saying there bad movies i just dont think they should be compared to the originals ,

chica16
Lord of the Rings is by far the best!!!!!
i used to think star wars was a masterpiece but LOTR is wayyyy better!!! the first matrix was awesome and i loved it but i was disappointed w/ reloaded and so are many people, harry potter...i just won't comment, james bond they need to stop,

silentfaf
Defiantly lord of the rings
i was gonna vote starwars then thought of the prequils hell no

lukeyduckey
James Bond all the way. Without James Bond no kid will dream of being a secret agent, we wouldnt have mick takes (austin powers), and we would not of seen Sean Connery, hell he might of never got a good break without Bond, James Bond.
Star Wars i dont like, The Matrix i loved the first, second a dissapoimnet, Lord of the rings is good but i hav to agree there is only three.
Ok now recent bonds have been born but i never object to putting on a old classic such as From Russia With Love

Lt.Columbo
Out of the ones in the vote, I said The Lord of the Rings. But my fave Movie series of all, is either the Mummy, Terminators or the Ace Ventura series.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
actually Matrix isn't a series...its a trilogy...

Glipt
LOTR. THE BEST.

Patient_Leech
I'm a Matrix dude personally. Hard to beat that brilliance. Potter after that.. for their enjoyableness.

Kazenji
Star Wars and then The Lord of the Rings

but also like all thats in the poll in their own way.

Wingsprint
Mad Max and the characters of the films were great....great names...the toecutter....

Mad Max is a 1979 Australian dystopian action film directed by George Miller and revised by Miller and Byron Kennedy over the original script by James McCausland. The film stars Mel Gibson, who was unknown at the time. Its narrative based on the traditional western genre, Mad Max tells a story of breakdown of society, love and revenge. It became a top-grossing Australian film and has been credited for further opening up the global market to Australian New Wave films. The film was the first Australian film to be shot with a widescreen anamorphic lens.

The first film in the franchise, Mad Max spawned sequels Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior in 1981 and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome in 1985.

Myth
None of those are my favorite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.