The league of Xtraordinary gentlemen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seraph
Someone here who knows something about that movie?? except that sean connery plays a important character.

Kes
You can find some stuff here:
http://www.killermovies.com/search/index.php?searcharticles=1&query=League+of+extraordenary+gentleman

Kes
Ah found it, the official website. Check it out:
http://www.lxgmovie.com/

Tired Hiker
Yeah, I saw it. It sucked.

BOPRecruit 16
great movie! the official site has a lot of good detailed information the members and how they got that way. my fave were skinner and sawyer. what strange is that i took a personality test and i was most like dorian gray. i can have a bad temper, but i'm not an arrogant a**hole like he was! at the end, i think the movie people are leaving options for a sequel. but no news about that yet, but cool.

~battosai yuriko~

MissesDepp?!
Uhh... WAT?!? LXG....the LXG? good?!?!?!?!? they took Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde... one of the best peices of writing ever done! and turned Mr. Hyde into a giant brown...MONSTER sick the characters weren't even enganging...i give it a -10/10 and thats pathetic!!

KidRock
that was a great movie!

Fire
I dunno might go and see it

elromendil
i want to watch it..but am not sure cause i only heard bad critics so far...the idea sounds pretty cool, but it could also turn out to be really dumb..

roberto
I really liked it
I was a fan of the original graphic novel
Loads of romours about on set fighting between connrey and stephen norrington, the director who made the ace blade original.
apearently norrington offered to let the 72 year old to give him a free smack in the chops.
A little too much connerey for me, he 's far too old for action movies now.
I dont know about you but im dreading indy jones 4............

Fire
hmm dunno, I think cinnery rocks no matter how old he is

orlandoOYEA
I saw this movie today and i thought it was fantastic!! The ending was awesome and by the way it was shown, i was wondering does anyone else think that there will be a sequel?

MISSME
Probably!

The end of the movie shows signs that there will be another sequel!

Lord Soth
No, unfortunately, there is not going to be a sequel (as far as I know, and I know a lot). They just left the ending open for the possibilty of a sequel

Fire
maybe later mate, look at what disney did....

anywayz it was a nice movie not too good but ince

Punker69
I dont even want to think of there being a sequel to that horrible movie!

boxofdeath
The Movie of Extraordinary Boredom

'nuff said

orlandoOYEA
I liked it, thought it was good. There have been better but i thought it was good

Pirate_Girly
Im glad u liked it, cause i didnt...i couldnt get past the first 10 minutes..I was like..cmon get to the real stuff..*snore* then i turned it off

Phoenix
I bought the DVD this week, so I've only just seen this film!

What did you guys think?

Devalion
I must admit that i'd didn't think is was the best film like that, that i've seen but i did like it quite a bit.

Felix L
A seriously corny, cheesy, silly comic book movie. But if your into that stuff, I'm not faulting you.

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
if shane west wasnt in it i would have went to sleep....

Wolfie
I really enjoyed this movie.

Phoenix
It wasn't the best ever ((or evn close)) but I DID enjoy it, and I enjyed seeing classic literature in a film

Cinemaddiction
I think that was a turn off. Average movie goers aren't going to know who Alan Quartermain is, or what the Nautilus is.

Had I not researched the movie before I rented it, I would have been lost. But I rented it, loved the totally unique idea, and ended up buying it. My only gripe is the Dr. Jekkyl/Mr. Hyde CGI superbeast.

Herr Logan
I'm not sure if even one person here realizes that this movie is based on a comic book. This movie is a pathetic adaptation. Those of you who are griping about Mr. Hyde being a monstrous CGI beast, you can blame Alan Moore, the genius who wrote the book. In the comic, he is even more horrible-looking, and much more bloodthirsty. If you want to complain about a character being changed, complain about Mina Harker. By the end of "Dracula," her curse was lifted, and in the comic, there isn't any obvious evidence to suggest she's a vampire. She just has some nasty wounds on her neck (not two neat little holes), which she hides. Dorian Gray isn't in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and obviously neither is Tom Sawyer. Every single member of the League is British, so Sawyer has no place. They changed the Invisible Man so he was not the original, which meant they could have him be a good guy in the end. The original was a scumbag, and he dies in the comic when Mr. Hyde sodomizes him to death in retribution for the Invisible Man attacking Mina. It's not for kids, as this movie seems to be. I just saw this last night, so I have it fresh in mind. It's good enough to pass the time with, but it's a poor attempt to adapt the comic. The writer didn't even see this movie. Then again, he's a creepy shut-in who probably doesn't see many movies anyway.

LeAtHerRFace
That movie sucked.

caballera
I enjoyed it, even though I was fully aware that it was bastardizing literature.

caballera
oh yes, and shane west is hot. And stuart townsend.

Phoenix
erm, well, no actually, they tried to avoid CGI as much as possible. If you watch the special features, all of Mr Hyde is prosthetics and cables, no CGI at all.

Phoenix
And the writer of the comic actually worked on a movie called 'From Hell' and the same director did LXG as did From hell. He got the idea for the LXG movie by asking the writer 'Do you have anything else your working on?'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.