I bet the Emperor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grifta
is sorry that he thought he could get a new apprentice without one finally overpowering him =x

Ushgarak
It's the Sith way; he has to take the risk.

Mist
cant he feel how strong anakin is?

LanceWindu
That's why he likes him.

He wanted someone who could carry on the Sith after hs death.

CaptainTrips
anakin never overpowered the emperor..in fact nobody ever did..he just got gang raped by vader coz he was busy tryin to kill luke..thought the force was used for "knowledge of events" guess he skipped his midi chlorian tablets that morning

Rogue Jedi
yeah. what vader did to palpantine is the equivalant of a sucker punch.

GABRIEL05
Yeah he can feel Anivaders power. But he's got Anakin's mind so clouded by the dark side he'll do whatever he says.

This is why he becomes the Emperor. His skill is not in fighting, but political maneuvering and manipulation. Also this is why Luke posed such a great threat to the Emp and Vader, as opposed to some other random @$$ powerful force wielder who Ben and Yoda could have hid away to safety. Because he was the only one who Vader could have potentially cared for more than the Emperor. At least as I see it.

Rogue Jedi
palpantine was sure vader wouldnt go against him. he was wrong.

finti
a real sith way to do it then

Rogue Jedi
a sithsuckerpunch.

finti
stealth and deception

Rogue Jedi
i guess palpantine was too busy frying luke to worry about vader.

finti
He trusted Vader to stand by him

Rogue Jedi
he trusted him, but he didnt have a problem with casting him aside and taking luke as his right hand man.

finti
he was the master, an aprentice should follow the will of his master

grifta
I also think that it was the prophecy come true. Not even the Emperor and his ability to foresee the future could have known what Vader did, only Luke since he was his son. What Vader did to the Emperor I say is the equivalent to Obi-Wan killing Maul in EP1.

Morph
Palpatine's a ball-tapper........hard nipples.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.