New Lord of the Rings Game ready to go soon! Interested players- sign up here!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Play after the end of the first part of my Lord of the Rings game was given a break for a while; I have been busy with a whole lot of stuff and everyone was on holiday, and so forth. Everyone is now back but I am just giving this game- especially the showpiece fight which will be the biggest darn thing I have ever attempted here, this time DEFINITELY with maps and everything- a little more time for preperation.

The game will be ready to start soon, however, and I think I shall start recruitment from scratch to get a good idea of who will be involved.

In the year 1972 of the Third Age, the great Human Kingdom of Arnor is nearing total collapse. Long ago split into three parts, one third of it, Rhudaur, has been occupied by the enemy for centuries. Another third, Cardolan, has been shattered and torn to pieces. Only Arthedain, under the great King Arvedui (truest descendant of Isildur), holds out. Arthedain's borders are heavily fortified and the Kingdom remains safe. But the dreaded Witch-King of the mountain kingdom Angmar, who over the centuries has smashed down Arnor from the greatest of all Kingdoms to its present ruin, has armies that have become vast almost beyond imagining, growing every day. When the strike comes, it will be the death blow for all of Arnor.

Arvedui knows this is the end of his Kingdom- it was long prophecised, as was his name (meaning the Last King). Arthedain is alone, seemingly forsaken by its allies; the Gondorians down south are haughty and uncaring, and only the efforts of its sympathetic King have caused even the most spurious aid to be sent northwards. Elrond's Elves have ceased their watch on Angmar, and no help comes from Rivendell now. The other forces of man are weak, and divided. It seems there can be no hope for Arthedain.

Yet King Arvedui, advised by Gandalf the Grey, has a plan that will beat both the prophecy and defeat the Witch-King. He prepares to turn his attention to Cardolan. Cardolan is a lost cause, already finished, a waste of time and resources for the badly over-stretched Arthedain, the suffering of its people something Arthedain has been powerless to prevent. But Arvedui sees hope in Cardolan. Its western half is almost intact. If the scattered Lords and peoples of Cardolan can be persuaded to accept Arvedui as their King, then Arthedain and Cardolan will re-unite into the new, re-born Kingdom of Arnor. Arvedui will no longer be the Last King, but the First King of the new Kingdom. And if this Kingdom can hold, the show of unity will be a rallying point for the free peoples of Middle-Earth to come together and take on the Witch-King as one.

Now his plan comes into action. A Cardolani Lord holds the best hope for starting Arvedui's new alliance. But persuading the Cardolani people- long forsaken, and suspicious of Arvedui, will be hard. Arvedui therefore sends, with his own people, a group of diverse outsiders- Elves from Rivendell, Dwarves from the Mountain, humans from the world over, maybe even Hobbits; people who have come to Fornost and sympathise with their plight. These are the players, and their job is to demonstrate to the people of Cardolan that this is no attempt at diplomatic conquest by Arvedui, but the realising of a vision where all are united against the darkness.

But the Witch-King has somehow predicted Arvedui's move. Dark things are happening in Cardolan, and what should be a simple piece of diplomacy turns into a desperate war to keep Arvedui's fledgling hope alive, in which only the efforts of the players can possibly prevail...

Part two of my Lord of the Rings story, The Fortress of Baronar, all set entirely inside Tolkien's published works and continuity, is starting soon! Anyone interested in playing, let me know here!

Dexx
well..i'm in

Ushgarak
Good, 'cos you are vital.

Dexx
big grin ....
why?

Ushgarak
There may be a Dexx-o-centric part of this story...

Dexx
oh...the link with imladris adn elrond

Captain REX
And other crap...

Talin returns!

1972, eh?

*brings out the funky dwarf disco suit and big shiny glasses*

Dexx
hehe..wanted to say something similar

Ushgarak
Being an Elf yes, but also being an Animist, is the important bit for you, Dexx.

Dexx
mmm...healing? You're gonna give me wounded?smile

Ushgarak
Well, you'll see.

Captain REX
Hey, I'm more important, I've got a bag of herbs! big grin

Dexx
naah...it's probably cinamon

sanoschicky69
laughing out loud
cinnamon..yum....i guess im intrested

Captain REX
Cinnamon my ass, Dexx.

Welcome Sanoschicky69! smile

sanoschicky69
thank ya. wink wink wink

Ushgarak
Hello Sanos! Does your interest stretch as far as reading tyhe background threads and making a character?

Stovenutts
mine does. im not sure if im going to sign up, but ill read. i love LOTR ive read all the books so im excited about maybe playing in an adventure.

what does the character's specifications need to be.

Vincent Rendar
I love LOTR, and if i could be an elf then I'd gladly join in on the Tolkien fun.

Stovenutts
i want to be a human

Dexx
you both have plenty of options on the matter.

Stovenutts
i want to be someone like borimir

Ushgarak
Yes indeed, plenty to choose from!

General game background here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t5161.html

How to make a character here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t5159.html

Boromir was a Dunadan Warrior, Stovenutts.

Captain REX
No! No more Dunadan! I sick of all these people being better than me...

But go ahead, I was just playing with ya. big grin

Dexx
why...the dwarves are pretty resiliant

Captain REX
True, true. And their short. big grin

sanoschicky69
yes, it does.

Captain REX
Hurray! smile

You like Rurouni Kenshin? It's a cool show. cool

genral zink
The lone Hobbit (so far) returns! big grin

Bespin Bart
Anglomir will be back.

sanoschicky69
yes, it does, actually.

Dexx
what does? it's the second post.

Captain REX
Something I was talking about, Dexx. Bad grammar on her part, but who gives a damn. big grin

Dexx
oh...so it does instead of it is. I get it..

Bespin Bart
Sure ya do... roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

sanoschicky69
i have no clue what i said last post.... laughing
yes, and i just ordered a shirt with Sanosuke on it.

Fitch
I would be more then happy to join you........if you allow me Ush big grin

Dexx
oohh....nice. welcome back

Ushgarak
Of course, Fitch!

Captain REX
Whoa, it's Fitch! Still gonna play as are beloved Elf Palanfirith?

Fitch
Of course my dworf friend.I'm keeping my whole character the same...just hope I got more skills during the first chapter.

Ush,when it will start?Because it would be better at the begining of september,so everybody is back from vacantion.I'll also leave again and i don't to miss it...

Ushgarak
Fitch- run yourself through the character advancment thread, that will help.

I shall start the game in August, but I will likely keep it slow until everyone is back.

Bespin Bart
So we have to talk LLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE TTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS?????

Ushgarak
yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss
sssss...

...either that or you won't leave Fornost until everyone is ready.

Fitch
just made my upgrades.hope they are legal and ok..

Ushgarak
They are fine!

Captain REX
I think I'd rather stay in Fornost than talk like that.

ElvenRose
Hi everyone, when is the role play going to get started? I'm interested in playing a character. What ones are available?
P.S
I have experience! I'll do any role

Ushgarak
I plan to start the game next week.

Elvenrose- thanks for your interest:

Captain REX
You can be whoever you want to be, ElvenRose, except for the characters from the books or movies. smile

Ushgarak
The most drastic thing you cannot be is one of the Rangers that Aragorn is (as opposed to the profession Ranger, which is more general) as they don't exist yet.

Aragorn#1
Cool this sounds fun can I join?

Ushgarak
Of course!

gregmss
sure I'll do it cast me ats anything yhanks love love jennifer gregmss

Captain REX
Actually, Gregmss, you get to create your own character instead of play as someone from the books or films.

krassin
dgh

Phoenix
ME ME ME ME!!! What does the game entail?

Captain REX
Read some of the last game. Should be on page 2.

Phoenix
*has a sissy fit*

But that involves WORK...

OK, I'm going...

Ushgarak
Phoe???

In MY game???

Wowwwwwwwwww!

Check these out, Phoe:

Phoenix
See! My Ush helps me... stick out tongue to the rest of you!

(teehee! I love you all, really!)

Phoenix
Are we all human, or can i be an ent or a hobbit or a dwarf or something?

Ushgarak
Errr, Phoe, the first of those links I have you should have brought the in-depth racial choice to your attention! No ents though.

Fire
you started yet?

Captain REX
No, not yet Fire.

Fire
thx Rex Ush PMed me well Rex prepare to meet me again stick out tongue
with a new character wink

Captain REX
Oh, new character eh? Still Half-Elven or completely different?

Fire
hmm you'll see Rex, all I'll reveal is he will have something to do with or will be somewhat like Zeratul, but in which way?

Fitch
glad I'm back and the game isn't on.Perfect ! smile
I;m traditional about my character,the same with some better skills.

Fire
nice

Ushgarak
Yeah, I was busy with things anyway, Fitch, so I delayerd the start until the start of September, which suited you.

Fire
yea smile

Captain REX
Doesn't suite me. I'm going back to school on September 2nd. mad

Fire
hehe I've got time till 22th of september smile

Captain REX
Oh poo... sad

Fitch
why thx Ush ! smile
I'm free till 15th of september but even in school time I don't think I'll be "occupied" too much..big grin

Fire
too much to role play??? NEVAH

Phoenix
when do we have to have characters ready?

Fire
I think by early september but if you need a hand lemme know phoe

Dexx
definitely same here stick out tongue

Phoenix
I sorta have a vague idea, but its not much developed...

Phoenix
Can i be an Animist Elf?

Phoenix
or does that have to be half-elf, like Elrond?

Phoenix
ok, so name is Wren

is half Sindar Elf, half Wood Elf

and shes an Animist, with a particular affinity wth animals rather than plants/weather etc(hence the name)

she is a good rider, but can only fight with a bow, staff or hand to hand (she cannot master blades)

she is only about 200 years old, and is a skilled animal healer, but finds it difficult to transfer those skills to elf/human/dwarf/hobbit healing

she is small and skinny, with long pale brown hair and piercing eyes (like her name sake)

i was thinking that, as she is good with staff fighting, could develop it to a halberd or glaive

Fitch
when does i starts(the RPG) ? if anyone knows...

Ushgarak
The game will start... very soon. Just got to get my head sorted out.

Have Sindar half Silvan? (thinks) I dunno if we have precedent for that...

For my admin purposes, Phoe, would you tell me, then if you have lived more in Sindar or Silvan society? My system really needs to pin down what you are, you see- sand I am guessing we are going Silvan.

As a Sindar or Silvan you have quite a wide choice of where you can come from- any of the three Elvish Havens (Rivendell, Grey Havens, Lorien), Mirkwood is a place for either, or as a Silvan you could be from just about any forest... I'd like to know where you come from.

Other than that, everything is cool. have you read the background, Phoe?

Game starts during the week.

Phoenix
mostly silvan. she's spent some time in mirkwood for the celebrations/meetings etc, but was born and raised in Firien Forest, on the border of Rohan and Gondor, so she's more than used to hardship. (if ya want a better location, check out the maps of gondor/Rohan in the Return of the king (back pages)

Phoenix
My head hurts! I am trawling through all those pages - I WILL read it, but can anyone give me a concise version of what i need t know?

Phoenix
Have I made it realistic enough? cos I tried really hard not to 'Mary-Sue' it, if ya know what i mean, and yerss said i'd made it too hard for meself!

Ushgarak
It's plenty realisitc enouh.

You don;t need to read the whole of the last story- just rthe background for it, have you read that? This is a thousand years before the Wars of the Ring, in the northern human Kingdom of Arthedain, once part of Arnor, at war with Angmar and its Witch-King.

BTW- historical note, no such place as Rohan at this time, it is called Caelnardhon.

Fitch
how many players are in the game Ush ?(including me)

Captain REX
Caelnardhon is a lame name. I'll just call it Calenardon.

ragesRemorse
hey sign me up

Ushgarak
Oooh, okidokey- have you checked out the relevant threads?

I am starting this game tomorrow. No panic if your character is not finished, the game is an open one (people can join during it).

Phoenix
ok, changed one tiny point. Wren is her NICK or PET name, she is called it by her closest friends and family only. her actual name is Aiwendil (it means lover of birds in Elvish)

Phoenix
If anyone wants to use any Elvish words in the rpg, I am starting a Sindarin thread in the rpg forum, I will put in a link once its up, k?

Phoenix
This is the page for Sindarin words....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t10964.html

Ushgarak
Ok, guys, we have kicked off...

Phoenix
Queyna...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t10998.html

Phoenix
Khuzdul (Dwavish)....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t10999.html

Fire
hehe Phoe the language persona

gregmss
I'm in

Phoenix
big grin

Fire
greg as what kinda character

reptally
I've been out of the RPG scene for a while but as an old Dungeons & Dragons fiend I bet I can pick it up. Someone send me a note on how to play and count me in.

Ushgarak
They haven't left yet, so easy to join.

Check out these threads:

Tiger
mind if I join Ush? big grin

Ushgarak
Not at all! Just make up a character and I shall try and fit you in!

Tiger
Ok.... what ever..... Ush I got a question for you.... nm actually

CandyKoRn
My name is Itarilde Carnesir,

Background - Female Elf from the Grey Havens, She had Come to Arthedain to help King Arvedui and the Dunadain of Arnor by Using her Gifts in Water and Knowledge in Ancient Languages to help Defeat the Evil of the Witch King.

My Race is Elf I Am Noldor from the Gray Havens.
My Job is Mage.
My Specialities are: Elemental-Water(magic), Knowledge of Ancient languages(Novice) and Skilled with knives.

Sylvannas
May I join?

Ushgarak
Certainly can- check out the threads listed above.

Lady Knight
Being as I am, and I warn you now, a Tolkien fantic, I would be most interested in joining as an elf.

Ushgarak
Ooh blimey! Didn't notice this- still interested, LK?

airangel429
I want to join too...

My character is Eliara. She is half elf/half human.
She is an Animist
She is a supreme shot with bow and arrow.
She is not strong enough to pick up a sword.
Her strongest powers are the ability to heal all creatures.
She has one of the highest healing abilities that an elf can achieve, however, she becomes very weak and vunerable during the times her powers are being used.

She also has long, dark chestnut hair like her cousin. She has big, beautiful emerald eyes. Her skin is very pale as well. She wears long elegant dresses in a bright golden color.

She is very small and petite and has a high level of fragility.

Fire
hmm well airangel if ush clears it all you will be written in I suppose
however about the healing powers I dunno he might change that a bit

airangel429
who else is written in?? I didn't find that many people that were written in... also...i want her to be in relation to Elrond, Erwen and those. Not that she is THE MOST HIGHEST healer....just a pretty high one for her age....she's pretty young...maybe 150 yrs old.

tptmanno1
Hmm should i Join??
If i were to what do you guys need/want?

Fire
well we have about 7 players I think

BB, Dexx, Fitch, Me, sylvana, Phoenix, Rex and maybe Tiger and candy

Sylvanas and Tiger were last to join

but LOTR will recome back early next year I think

airangel429
ok..well i read that phoe's a healer...but only in specified areas like animals....i read soem warriors and a dwarf...but not of any other HIGH magical healers....i dunno...i pm'd Ush earlier....

Fire
well he might allow it, but healing here takes quite a while, I mean it's useful no doubt, but it aint like casting a spell and your back to full capacity

TpT choose yourself, don't look at what we have

Corlindel
Hi!

May I play too.
If yes, where may I post my character? Here or at creation character trhead?

Corlindel
Ah!

I played a lot AD&DD some years ago but I never played online.
May you help me telling me what threads I must read before play the game?

Fire
cool ush and me also play (A)D&D
well if you read the character creation thread, it has everything you need to know you can post your character there

unless ush says I'm wrong

Ushgarak
Yup, this new interest is very gratifying and I hope you will all be ready to submit things when I re-do this system in the New Year!

Burn, feel free to join if you want, and LOTR is a game where you can NEVER have too many Warriors.

Trickster
Is it too late to join?

Ushgarak
Heck no! This thread may be five months old but there are pretty mucb ALWAYS chances to join LOTR.

Trickster
Oh, five months old... Do i have to read it all? Or will you give me a summary, and a chara creation thing?

Ushgarak
Heh, this thread is five months. Trickster, but the game is a full year in!

Mind you, LOTR, like the books, is a bit more sedate than the frantic pace of, say. my Matrix gane,

I was going to dig all this stuff out in the NEw Year but there is a background thread that is well worth reading somewhere. Character creation can certainly wait; the current one will be updated soon.

Trickster
okay, ill try and find the background. Do you mind if i bump it up to this page?

Ushgarak
Not at all. It has a couple of maps as well...

Trickster
Read it! What next?

Ushgarak
Ah, well, then the main other thing to know is the plot about Arthedain revealed in the first part. Read the first psot of the current LOTR game thread (the Fortress of Baronar)

Trickster
OKay, when can i join?!

Corlindel
I read it too. May I join and put my character at creation of characters thread?

Is it necessary to read anything else to play?

Ushgarak
Well, just wait things out until the New Year and the new system comes in place!

Vegeta13
could i join?

Ushgarak
Well, blimey, still more, eh? Sure you can but like everyone else, wait a few more days for me to have the new system out!

Vegeta13
ok, man

so shall i do my character thingy...

Ushgarak
Ah, no, that is part of what I am re-doing! Just bear the concept you have worked out in mind and wait for the new rules...

Londe
Can I join, if I can then what all do I need to do? Anything I need to read or create. And if I can join can i be an elf?

Ushgarak
Yes you can, yes you can, wait a few days and there will be more gumf up for you!

Vincent Rendar
hmm maybe ill bust in too..

Ushgarak
Blimey! Ok... I am just tinkering with the system right now. It looks nore complex than the Matrix but once you make the initial effort the actual fighting is a lot simpler.

Ushgarak
Ok, here is the new version of character creation for you guys!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t23876.html

It looks complex, I know, but with a little time and help you will get the hang in no time.

PippinTook
Okay, this is the first time I've ever come to this thread....confused

Is it okay if I join in on the LOTR RPG? smile If so, is there anything I need to read besides the character creation page you posted, Ush? And I didn't read the rest of these pages (I'm really tired at the moment), so I don't know if I can be a hobbit or not....Can I?

Tptmanno1
You could, but I would advise against it. Expecially for a rookie RPG-er. What we really need are some Warriors. I would suggest that you check out the actual game thread just to see how the game is played.

Ushgarak
Whilst it is hard to have an excess of Warriors on an LOTR group, anything that isn't an Elf right now is handy to me; Hobbits do actually have a role to play, if you can believe that...

However, as ever, no-one can join during the current fight. So I will happily help out, PT, if you don't mind being patient.

RaventheOnly
Hobbits are good thieves big grin I could be a human soldier when your ready big grin

<Tidus>
II want to join...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>