Batman vs Any SuperHero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BatmanOverAll
Anyone have a reasonable superhero that might have a chance at beatin The Dark Night???

BOPRecruit 16
you know, you could've posted these polls in the superhero discussion or batman forums.

Stovenutts
ok, even though this si in the wrong place...
batman is just a rich guy who bought a nice suit, he has no super powers like superman. superman would rip him in two

dinoman200
Spider- man would win. Spidey would web Batman up before he could use any of his little bat toys

Dinoman200

booniae
Like I said in the other thread... Batman sucks. Mwa ha ha ha!!! devil
I'm just kidding you guys!

Boo bunny

BatmanOverAll
If you have ever read any comics in your life superman has already given Batman (in the jla comics) a kryptonite ring incase superman ever went mad. And besides superman has the boyscout attitude wanting to or doing anything to save a life. All the Dark Night would half to do is take supermans precious lois laine and drop her from a rooftop and the beat the crap outa superman while he is trying to save lois. Now as far as spiderman goes he isnt half as good as some of the villains that the Bat has taken on and defeated so that takes care of Spidey.

DemonicGambit
And besides Bats is an exact match for Captain America. So no way Spidy is gonna beat Bats. And of course we all know Bats could kick Supes butt any day

booniae
Yeah but Spiderman is just cooler then the rest of them.

Boo bunny

Hegemon875
Damn Right!!!

Darth Vicious
I dont know if hell win but a good match for Batman would be the Taskmaster from Marvel comics, the reason being he can match Batmans fighting abilities te for step since he has Photographic memory!http://www.taskmastersite.com/Main.html

vvvrulz
Bring on the X-Men.
Wolverine would clean up batman anyday.
Gambit, Cyclops and the like, perhaps a more even contest.

raph
is any 1 here?

BackFire349
batman has no powers, he just uses gadgets. most superheroes would destroy him one on one.

raph
but bman has the best costume

vvvrulz
Thats agreed.

raph
i reckon threw out da batman movies hes not as dark , in da 1st 1 no 1 new anything about him and he wuz mysterious , its better that way , no ones suppose 2 no about him , michael keatons the best batman

vvvrulz
Absolutely. I preferred the focus being on the baddies, like the Joker in Batman One. Great casting there too.

raph
yes , they could have dun betta in bman 4 va wif the riddler and two-face , i think they kite put the scarecrow in bman 5 , and i hope robin goes off and bcomes nitewing and bman gets that 12 yr old robin like in the cartoon , but bamn needs 2 be more mesterious and lurk in the shadows , he did that in movie 1 , he never talked that much but now he neva shuts up.

raph
bman doesn't really need a side kick

Hegemon875
I suggest you read a couple of Batman comics about his origin's and training before making remarks about something you don't know much about.

Darth Vicious
Agreed, Batman can beat Wolverine and most of the X-men 1 on 1 and yes he wins because of his intelligence and gadgets but taking away the gadgets would be like taking Wolverine's claws or X-men powers

raph
Shut up! leave back-fire349 alone! its true he doesn't have any powers , hes not the best superhero , and martial arts isnt a power u idiot

timmmy!
the only super hero taht could beat batman is goku!!! lol but i agree noone really knows if batman has any super powers so sus will all have 2 wait 4 the next movie 2 find out!

raph
uuh......earth to timmmy! there not gonna give batman any powers and the new batman movie is more early in his career like how he becomesw batman duh!

LeAtHerRFace
BATMAN WUD KILL SUPERMAN AND THAT GAY SPIDERMAN

batmanrules
i doubt anyone is still going on with this arguement but, batman can pretty much kick anyones ass, especially spidys, he can counter spidys web with some acid and probably give him a nice beating by using all 127 different forms of combat that he learned

plazmagod
I agree that Spiderman dosn't stand a chance against Batman, and that he and Captain America are almost perfectly matched, but I think if it would come down to anyone it's going to be him and Superman. It would always depend on who was writting it as to the outcome, but I think that if it was today's batman vs. today's Superman it would probably be Batman, but it would take so much out of him that he would die from the strain on him. If Superman was forced to pull out all the stops, he could kill Bruce before he could even get to any of his countermeasures, but he wouldn't and Bruce would count on that to win.

Ryshtyanna
Okay, everybody else has put in their 2c worth, now I'm going to give it a shot.

Which of the vast array of Superheroes would pose the biggest threat to Batman if there ever were a one on one confrontation?

Batman is a formidable opponent who changes his style to best accommodate whatever situation he's confronted with. Like any other Superhero, he's capable of doing whatever needs to be done in order to come out the winner.

Unlike the majority of the Superheroes we see in the comic books, he doesn't possess any of those special powers nor abilities that render him "superior" in either physical or mental attributes. However, this doesn't necessarily make him weaker by any means. If anything these "shortcomings" have proven to be his greatest asset. Of all the heroes that have come and gone throughout the world of comic books and so forth, it's been my observation that he's the most resourceful. Because of that, I have every reason to believe this makes him the guy that would come out on top in the end, no matter whom he faces.

The only Superhero I can see at this point who could actually defeat Batman would be Nightwing. Originally trained as the first Robin, this guy knows all about Batman. He knows the strengths, knows the weaknesses and probably even knows Batman better than he knows himself. Also, Dick Ward was like a son to Bruce Wayne. For Bruce/Batman, I think it would be emotionally impossible for him to soundly defeat Dick/Nightwing.

Those other Superheroes, regardless of what kind of special arsenals they have at their disposal, all have key weaknesses that can render them useless in no time flat. No Superhero is truly invincible. But, of the whole lot of them I've found Batman to be the most intriguing. Despite how screwed up things get for him, he still keeps the promise of those vows he made to his parents when they were killed.

Batman, in essence, is a wounded animal. Granted, the other Superheroes have each suffered their own version of tragedies that have made them what they are, but of the whole lot, Batman was the youngest victim to actually remember in perfect detail what happened. Now, imagine just how dangerous a person could be if they've spent the majority of their life, straight from childhood, as someone riddled with pain, guilt and determination to ensure they never get "beat" again. I wouldn't want to take that kind of person on, even if I had the special capabilities of all the Superheroes combined.

Even if any of the other Superheroes managed to wipe out Batman, I have a feeling the Dark Knight wouldn't go alone. Somehow he'd find a way to drag that person down with him.

lol Either that, or he comes back as Ghost Batman and really raises hell. Oh, now that would be something to see.

nightgirl76
i agree it would have to be nightwing. batmans mind is his greatest power, and nightwing knows how he thinks better than anyone.

batmanrules
thats crazy, nightwing isnt ready for batman. not that nightwing isnt cool, just that he doesnt stand a chance against batman. nightwing isnt even ready to take on another superhero. and remember batman knows just about as much about nightwing as nightwing does to him. nightwing isnt even as smart as batman, no where near it.

Jade_Eyes
Batman Isn't stupid but he is a bit paranoid, in a good way. You think he doesn't keep a file on Every super hero and villain out there? He knows all there strengths and weaknesses. And has already worked out how to overcome any one of them. Because he is kind of NUTZ. lol

Unless you managed to really surprise him which is unlikely given his intellect. He always goes into these big battles prepared for many many possible outcomes, plans upon plans.

He wouldn't think twice about breaking contact if he needed to, to go regroup and get what he needs to kick any a$$. Provided he could get away. As I said plans upon plans.

Nightwing is cool but young and strong but as experienced as batman. Though Bruce loves dick like a son, thats why they have that tenuous relationship.
I suspect if they had to go at it Bats would win, but let Dick take him out rather than really hurt him.
Then Dick would have to don the cape and Cowl,ooooog that would be cool.

Dick Greyson, BATMAN.

Darth Jello
Daredevil, nuff said

venomfan
im not sayin anything, i only read 3 batman comics. he seemed like more of a badass than a superhero. like punisher

Jade_Eyes
only read 3 Batman comics???
Figures, you're a psycho Venom fan. What would you know about good charactor?

mook
most superheros could beat batman as he has no super powers- hes just a vigilante. superman,spiderman could take him easily

venomfan
jesus, eddie Brock is a good character, he went insane for legit resons, lost his job, ex-wife comits suicide. the symbiote a LIVING costume rejected by spider man.vengence in a bottle,not only is he a serious badass, he wants to protect innocence so he aint some raoming idiot villain. NOW lets see batman becomes a vigilante(not a superhero) because a clown shots his parents. yep he rules in a karate kid rich boy way.

venomfan
and i said i only read 3 comics that does not mean i dont know anything about batman, ill give him this he came back from a broken back(bane i think) so he is tough as hell, not to mention he has some friggin awsome enemies,scarcrow,bane,croc,sorry but jokers stupid, he faced a predator and thats cool as hell. and in the issue it was very brutal,way befor marvel touched that kind of violence.

Darth Jello
batman would not be able to survive a battle with wolverine, that is no contest. wolverine has over a hundred years of fighting experience in nearly every fighting art, and adamantium skeleton, claws, and a healing factor. considering that wolverine was able to drop lobo in seconds, batman really doesn't stand a chance.

Darth Jello
some interesting fights where batman may have a chance would be him against, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, or Daredevil. sorry for the repitition but I really would like to see old horn-head absolutely humiliate batsy

AceOfGambit
Spidey could take him. And besides, can't we name any X-Men in here? Wolverine could take Batman,with his regeneration and claws Batman is useless, what will Batman do? scare him to death? And I bet you any telepath could beat him like Jean Grey could beat him.

venomfan
Batman vs Venom its simple batman could not beat superman without a kryptonite ring, venom just kicked supermans ass all by himself. would have killed him if it wasnt for spider-man. Batmans cool but venom would drop him in 2 seconds

max
hey LeAtHerRFace shut the **** up you gay moran. spider-man is the
coolist superhero there is and he could beat batman any day.

max
wolverine would tear batman apart. what ever batman did to wolverine,
wolverine would just heal. colossus could beat batman to, whats batman
going to do melt him. batman is cool beat he is not the most powerful
superhero, even xavier would beat him.

venomfan
max you rock, you bring common sense to this thread, batsy is cool but hes more like punisher than a real superhero..he can fight them but he is not one of them

max
why thank you venomfan.

venomfan
hey i like to help anyway i can.

lederuvdapac
batman is the smartest person in all of comics. He goes into every battle prepared. If you read comics, he had secret files on how to defeat every member of the justice league if th case arrose. He is resouceful and would find ways to win.

venomfan
yeah he has secret files on the justice leauge, but how would he prepare in a fight agaisnt someone not from DC?

lederuvdapac
he would find ways. thats what his character is all about. Exploiting weaknesses and taking advantage of it.

Darth Jello
ok, let's start the list of fair fights bats would lose, hmmm: elektra, Daredevil, Deadpool, spider-man, venom, Iron fist, Powerman, anyone else got more?

venomfan
Sabretooth,blade,Punisher

Darth Jello
no he could probably beat punisher and sabretooth, considering the relative ease that DD had in taking them out, they shouldn't give bats too much trouble

venomfan
hmmm, what about captian America?

Darth Jello
they fought to a draw in dc vs. marvel

Hypester
Only Fair Fights I see Batman possibly losing are Black Panther and Wolverine...

Darth Jello
if bullseye was not caught off guard, he could beat batman

Drizzle
To be honest I think anybody with a super power should easily be able to beat Batman... he is a middleaged man in a spandex suit who hangs out with young boys in spandex suits... he has no powers what so ever... he should in all honesty be dead already.

guyverjay
Oh please don't bother bring up that lobo crap. That isn't continuity and was decided by a VOTE. Not the companies themselves. Wolvie is more popular than lobo. Thus he won the vote. You could have put wolvie against The living tribunal and he would have wonroll eyes (sarcastic)

Lobo is virtually as strong as superman, he is immortal and has a regenration factor like the Hulks. There is no way in a trillion years wolverine would beat him.

That said wolvie would beat batman unless he used a giant magnet big grin

guyverjay
Er No REED RICHARDS is the smartest HUMAN in all of comics.

guyverjay
Even with the ring he can't beat superman. In hush bat knows that supes is HOLDING back and even then he struggles to take him.

and please stop bringing crossovers into this. They are the WORSE example you can possible bring up. Venom would get wasted by superman any day of the week. They are same marvel/DC comics that had wonder woman physically KNOCK OUT juggernaut.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not to mention Bats beating the hulk by kicking him in the stomach (and then gasing him) and the hulk actually feeling it. The guy with a stomach that take misiles ect can't take a kick from Batman??? riiiiiiiigggghhhhhhhhhtttt

CROSSOVERS SUCK

Hypester
I finally read that... the way the wrote it, Hulk was never hurt, but he was so surprised that puny Batman could actually inflict so much pressure he was startled... that's how Batman won... and apparently, Batman has gas which the US Army doesn't (no surprise there) that's how he took down the hulk... it's easy to beat dumb people if you're real smart, power levels don't matter...

How does Spider-Man beat venom who has all his abilities, negates his spider-sense and is stronger?

Drizzle
whats that have to do with Batman?

guyverjay
Oh please what a cop out, you buy that horse shit?

As I said hulk FELT it.

In Fantastic four 169 (I think) Hulk crashed into the FF jumbo jet while he wasn't even looking where he was going. Hulk didn't even realise he'd hit a JUMBO until he turns around to see the plane nose diving. So you expect to believe that Hulk would've even noticed Batmans puny kick must less be started by its pressure?? bwhahahahahahahahaha

BOLLOCKS

That issue is wank and the general consensus agrees with me.

Searose
News flash: BATMAN DON'T FIGHT FAIR! He just does what it takes to win, screw the rules.

venomfan
niether does about half that list though
DareDevil
Venom
Deadpool

Darth Jello
define fighting fair

venomfan
id say anything thats maybe not honorable, overkill, or unecasary

LeAtHerRFace
Very well said. The only real challenges would be either against: Wolverine, Daredevil, and Venom

Darth Jello
again, that's broad, daredevil can't see but he can anticipate action through heartbeats and has lately gone off the deepend, brutalizing both bullseye and the kingpin. is that unfair?

venomfan
ive been to marvel directory.com, is there a DC version? becuase DC has bios but really dosent go into there abilities

venomfan
again, that's broad, daredevil can't see but he can anticipate action through heartbeats and has lately gone off the deepend, brutalizing both bullseye and the kingpin. is that unfair?

no, not for them id say they have it coming, but the trait that DD, wolverine and Venom share is that they would (DD perhaps)kill a random thief,(Id hate to get my teeth busted out by that cane) you know they dont do the whole boyscout thing

X-Menfan2003
Set Batman against Thor and sit back and watched the caped-crusader fall. Thor would just swing his hammer and take Batman out with any effort at all. People are probably gonna relpy by saying that Batman would just used some equipment and his brains to outsmart Thor and win. That is not true, as Thor is nearly invinsible and would just outsmart Batman and pulverise him.

MaverickIce
Thor and brain's don't to go together, but he would win.
As would the flash, speaking of which.
and this is the coolest JLA pic

MaverickIce
DD would NEVER kill, are you F*cking KIDDDING?!?!?

Darth Jello
DD has gone through several moments of insanity, he's crippled and brutalized bullseye, taunted him with a gun, stalked him, scarred him, he's beaten the kingpin to within an inch of his life, and he's put typhoid Mary through nearly as much hell as she him. but never anything like killing a common thief.

Considering that Daredevil has beaten The Kingpin, Mr. Fear, Typhoid Mary, Namor, and MEPHISTO!!!, I think he can absolutely trounce Batman

Darth Jello
did I mention that he also did much of the clean up work during Inferno after the x-men beat Madelyn, Sinister, and left? So he's also fought demons from Limbo.

Darth Jello
oh, and the Hand too

venomfan
dude....I said perhaps, I know he has it in him, but like i said wolvie and Venom are strait up vigilante "killers"

Darth Jello
daredevil talked mysterio into commiting suicide and he tried to get bullseye to do the same

MaverickIce
that was during guardian devil, right?

Anyway, Mysterio was going to do it anyway if he got caught, Daredevil just told him the obvious.

Darth Jello
Guardian Devil, Hardcore, Fall of the Kingpin, The Elektra Saga (specifically 181 and 191), The Target, and Bullseye's Revenge (284-290). In all those issues he has gone completely off the deep end.

kal-el
you're so right about DDs Nuttyness being an advantage. I mean, man without fear - of course he's crazy. Batman is formidable but smartness and control aren't enough. DD would be too ferocious and lets face it, his senses really mean that a normal man with no enhanced speed should never really lay a finger on him, his reactions are too good. He'll dismantle the dark knight's nerve centres with those intelligent finger stabs he uses(like on his guardian angel in guardian devil- you know what I mean Darth!).Oh yeah, is the target issue 2 out yet stateside coz I've heard nothin of it this side of the pond?

venomfan
I already said Venom would beat Bats just becuase if the two just happend to met and decide to fight, there isnt a weapon on Batman that would do much damage, the symbiote can withstand small and medium round fire, bats could hurt Venom but If Venom gets a hold of Batman its over.

but if bats new Venom was coming for him, Venom would be screwed

Darth Jello
it was implied that the fought in dv vs. marvel. plus, batman has lots of toys that can generate a lot of sound and heat.

venomfan
Yeah but unless he new that Venom was after bats((for what reason i dont know)) I think venom could handle those gadgets easily with the decent spider-sense wich he has.
But like I said if bats was aware of Venom coming after him, Venom would be in for a world of hurt.

nightcrawer89
what about wloverine vrs superman who would win.

venomfan
Supes, wolvies cooler but i think superman could burn him alive until there was nothing left,.....but would he with that boyscout attitude? hmmm now im confused

Lord Ryugen
I've got to say the Hulk. I mean lets face the only way Batman beat him was by forcing him to swallow enough gas to take out a small country. Take them out the confined space and Hulk would crush Bats easily.
Also even though he's not a hero I'd like to say Juggernaut would finish Bats off even quicker than the Hulk, after all he can't be hurt, Batmans not a telepath and even if Batman escaped Juggs would just knock down Gotham trying to find him

MaverickIce
I don't think so, with prep time, Batman could make sure that Bruce never even turns into Hulk

Herr Logan
This "he has no powers, therefore any hero could kick his ass" thing has to stop. Think for a second. If that were true, why is he still in action? Jason Todd didn't have any powers, and he's dead. Batman has been doing the hero thing much longer than Todd, and he's still alive and kicking. He's beaten Superman more than once by outsmarting him. He can do the same with most characters. I love Spider-Man, but as I said in another post, I think Batman would win, mainly because he is more of a strategist, more cerebral than even Peter Parker, and that's just how comic books work.

SlipknoT
wolverine would kill batman

punkyhermy
no one on this thread is actually reasoning.everyone is really stating their own favorites.i said it once and i''l say it again.just because other superheros have superpowers doesn't mean that they are better than batman.they are just luckier.think would peterparker do what he does today if the spider had npot bitten him?nno,he would remain the geeky uncertain kid that he was in the begining.same goes for supes!batman didn't have any oppertunity cross him.he made it himsel!that's wat's makes him a hero!

Herr Logan
Sing it, Punkyhermy! wink

Daredevil would have a tough time beating Batman, but he'd have a better shot than Venom.
Venom resists small rounds fire, true, but he's vulnerable to sonics and fire, and Batman doesn't rely on guns. Wayne is much smarter than Brock and if he knows Carnage's weaknesses, he knows Venom's.
Superman would beat Wolverine, no question, but he wouldn't burn him alive.

Darth Jello, you really think that Daredevil was trying to get Bullseye to kill himself? I never thought of it that way. I just figured he was fed up and got real mean-- didn't consider his psychological warfare went beyond just throwing Bullseye off his game in the fight. That's an interesting connection with Mysterio.
Man, why can't there be intelligent people like these posting on the X-Men threads?

Darth Jello
Daredevil has fought bullseye, the hand, mephisto, typhoid mary, and many others. I don't think bats would give him much trouble

VENOMfan
I still say Batman would have to be aware that venom was after him to beat him. becuase even with gadgets Batman couldnt take venom.
thats just my opinion and Venoms weakness'es are not exactly like Carnages and that could be a fatal error by batman.
Sonics are what truly damaging Venom, Carnage is more weakend to fire.
not to mention Venom does have a spider sense. its not as reactive as spidey's but close. spider-man is 40x greater while Venom is no less than 35x it came down to weather or not Venom dogged bullets. he cant but he dosent realy need to

about the whole Carnage thing somthing happend to cletus's connection with the symbiote when Bat's fought him, thats why he was defeated so easily

Herr Logan
What happened was that Carnage got scared shitless and his symbiote was thinking of taking the next bus back to New York.
Venom may not be as vulnerable to fire as Carnage, mainly because Brock is tougher and endures more pain than that skinny weasel Kasady and his symbiote is older and more experienced. He is vulnerable to sonics, and Batman knows how to use those very well. Venom does not have a spider-sense-- he has a full-body covering that relays visual information to him from all angles. It's not the same thing, but it helps. Batman might have to take a fall first and then regroup, but I'm sure he could beat Venom if he had to.

VENOMfan
still his "sense" is plenty fast, it came down to bullet speed, and unless your the flash you will have just as hard time fighting venom as you would spidey.

I have said before, if Bat's had prep time Venom would be in a world of hurt.

but in a random encounter even if Bat's did manage to connect with a punch it would come down to a endurance challange. Brock fought wolverine even after being stabbed clean threw the middle. So I think in a random fight Venom has about a 65 or 75% chance of winning easily

also im not downplaying bat's, if he wanted he could put Venom threw the ringer...probably drive him insane((to a greater extent))

Herr Logan
Batman wouldn't try to make a criminal insane... his psychological warfare is for gaining an edge, not created further danger. Besides, if he wanted to drive Venom insane, it'd be faster to just walk to the corner. Let's face it, Venom is insane. Batman's problem is he's obsessed with being in control, and Venom has practically no self-control at all.
I don't even know what Venom is supposed to be anymore. They've changed his character around in at least two different books. In the Venom title, it's not even Venom, it's just the symbiote, trying to become Wolverine's new Sunday best. The new Spider-Man title showed Brock as a cracked-up, dying cancer patient whose symbiote was seeking a new host. Oh, right, after all the years of relatively forthright back-story and ponderous thought bubbles we got from Eddie, we're supposed to believe he had cancer since before the merging and he never even thought or talked about it? They are scraping the bottom now. Spider-Man did the stupidest thing he's ever done and saved a murderous, suicidal man dying of natural causes by turning him back into a super-powered killer. That's just bad storytelling, and it's really a crappy thing to do to Spider-Man-- making him condemn Eddie to torment and the world to more casualties.
Eddie is practically brain-dead and the symbiote (or parasite, as it should be called) is more insane than Brock was back when he was popular. Batman has taken on crazy foes with lots of strength and put them down. If Brock had some of his caginess back, like when I liked the guy, even being overconfident and crazy he could at least attempt to take down the Bat, but he's nuts and stupid now. Frankly, he's not fit to be in comics anymore. They really screwed up his story, and it'll be a while before they can just forget the new changes. I miss the old Venom.

VENOMfan
i know what you mean, sad to say.
but I prefer the real Venom, which is Brock and Venom while there thinking strait. I actually thought run was a turn around for the venom serie's until they decided bald chick's ment good story.....

anyhow old school Venom is what made me a fan

Herr Logan
I want the "Lethal Protector" Venom back. He's the one who acts compassionate and gentle one moment and murderously vengeful the next. The deluded, paranoid wacko that truly believes he's a protector of innocents and not a blood-thirsty maniac. I miss him.

VENOMfan
yeah lethal protector was my favorite mini-serie's just for that reason, he's a good guy one minute and a raving lunatic the next.

tkitna
I guess i'll throw in my 2 cents. First, Batman would lose to alot of superheros. I dont care how smart he is. If Batman would take on somebody that he has no idea about, whats the advantage of being smart? Example- maybe the most lopsided fight ever,,,,I think the Silver Surfer could beat Batman in about 3 seconds. All heros of that magnitude would destroy him. Lets have some sense.

I dont have the issue # or anything, but Batman once whispered to Superman ("You know he could kill us all!"wink, and this was about Plastic Man! Think about it for a minute. It makes perfect sense and even they knew it.

I do think that Batman would handle Daredevil though.

kal-el
He wouldnt handle DareDevil. Not in a fistfight. Obviously he'll use the sonic device he used on supes when he finds out about DDs hearing.

ash007
i mean Batman is good because the other Superheros rely on there super powers while Bats uses his mind

Herr Logan
Of course the Silver Surfer could beat Batman. He might be able to beat Superman, and he doesn't have the same weaknesses as Supes does.
Batman does know about Daredevil's enhanced senses, so yes, he would take him down.

kal-el
He only knows they're enhanced, he doesnt know theyre on supes' level. I take it you're referring to their first encouter? DD wins a 'fight' anyday though.

Herr Logan
The Batman is stronger and a better fighter (even in that huge, cumbersome cloak), but Daredevil has his super-senses to help him win that fight. Batman is pretty much aware of Daredevil's capabilities. He knows that he can read plain ink with his fingers and can determine the number of salt crystals on a pretzel by taste. I think he knows about the radar sense, but I know he knows Daredevil has hearing that far surpasses normal humans. If he had to, he'd use the sonics to hurt him. He would be less inclined to use them against Daredevil than Superman, since Daredevil doesn't look like much compared to Supes, but he would if he was outfought.

kal-el
Stronger?-thats not a sure thing at all. DD once lifted a 400lb weight like 'it was 50' back in a Miller day comic and recently in 'lowlife' he tipped over a car full of druggies.Better fighter?maybe if we have to assume 127 martial arts can beat anyone but DDs taken out a room of ninjas before and more recently aced nearly100(yes 100) yazuka gangsters with swords!(he didn't come out unscathed but pretty much beat the crap out of most of em).DD has quicker reactions than a normal human(including a trained one) and more acute balance meaning better leverage for punches and kicks during movement(So your comments are arguable at best).
How does bats know about Dds taste and touch then? or did you just quote the DD encyclopedia page. or did I miss a crossover.I've only known of/own 2.

VENOMfan
the coolest fighter's usually create there own style combining a real form of combat and there talent's.

Spidey has a very effective form of self tuaght combat combining his flexability and spider-sense, as i would expect DD, useing there fast reflexe's. and DD has held his own against Spidey and Venom((tho Venom isnt exactly a gracefull fighter))

tho it dosent hurt to have mastered damn near EVERYTHING

kal-el
venoms a BRUTE!!!!

VENOMfan
yeah but his best asset is using the symbiote and webbing simultainiusly, he brought down spidey in about 3 second's with that little trick

Darth Jello
Daredevil has shown evidence that he can tune out loud and painful sounds. The only times he's ever actually been beaten are when he's either mentally unstable or injured. or when he's teamed by 7 or 8 super powered thugs. again, the fact that he's survived an encounter with Mephisto is enough to convince me that he could take bats

tkitna
I guess i've been away from comics to long. Since when has daredevil been able to lift cars and toss weight around like that? Regardless, I still dont think he could take Batman. Also,I think Captian America could take them both out, but thats just my opinion.

Herr Logan
It was a cross-over where Batman discussed Daredevil's sensory powers with him. He was very fascinated, like a scientist. I don't remember where I saw it. Probably the sequel to Marvel Vs. DC or something. It looked very "Silver Age," but I think they made it that way on purpose, and not actually that long ago.

I concede that because Daredevil's sense are a part of his fighting style, not just an extra edge on top of his fighting skills, and therefore he may be a better fighter than Batman. If Daredevil can lift a car (I saw it, and I wasn't sure what I was looking at--that's friggin' crazy!), then so can Batman. Batman is bigger (2-4 inches taller, 40 pounds heavier) and more built up. This may make him slower than Daredevil in a fight, but certainly not weaker. Batman can also clear a room full of ninjas as well.

Of course Daredevil has adapted to his senses and is able to block loud noises out, but intense sonic weapons would hurt him badly and put him off balance. Unless he has some kind of specialized, high-tech protection in his cowl that filters out harmful frequencies (which would be the smart thing, and I'm sure Reed Richards could cook something like that up for him), he is vulnerable.

Captain America could probably take either Batman or Daredevil, but not at the same time.

kal-el
Well DD doesn't do things like that often and doesn't have superhuman strength.Let me be clear, he didnt lift a car he raised it from one side and tipped it over and the 400lb weight was way back during the Miller era.Ben Urich was being roughed up by some thugs. they made him lie on the weights bench and gave him a 400lb barbell, which he obviously couldnt lift and began to choke.Suddenly two red gloves gripped the bar and lifted it off him. the bad guys then said, 'I aint messin with him, he's heftin' 400lbs like it's 50!'.DD then knocked two of them out, almost using the barbell as a staff. then threw it at the remaining guy.

kal-el
yeah that WAS crazy strength when he lifted the car over, I reacted the same. bats is prob the same strength. It can be reasonable to assume that they are both as strong as a man of their weight can be. Bats is 6'2'', 210lbs and DD is 6',200lbs so the size difference is minimal and DD being shorter but not that much lighter means he's likely to be equally strong. I agree with cap beating them both, but not easily and def not at same time.

It's a great match up actually.

Herr Logan
Both Captain America and the Batman are iconic characters that, while possessing no overt superpowers do possess peak human physical and mental condition, and they never, ever quit. Captain America has a physical edge over other humans in that his body does not produce lactic acid his muscles that cause fatigue. Batman has nothing to live for except his mission, so he will not quit, no matter what. Captain America can lift 800 lbs, the most a non-metahuman could conceivably lift. I'm guessing the Batman is not far behind.
Both of these characters have this supernatural ability to fight and win without any supernatural abilties. This is why there would be no such thing as Captain America, even if there were a way to turn scrawny, sickly patriots into burly, dynamic soldiers that don't get tired. A man with no guns and just an indestructible shield could not tackle whole armies the way he has and live as long as he has, but it makes for great storytelling and visual images. Not even real life ninjas can pull off the kinds of things the Batman has done. Both of these characters are perfect for fiction, but hard to imagine realistically fighting in the real world. People should set up some context and boundaries for these fights when they start a thread like this. Otherwise, we're stuck with conclusions like "Batman never quits, and Daredevil goes nuts sometimes" to determine what happens with fictional icons. Set the, set some limits, draw a picture as to what the Batman has to work with, and what he'd be fighting about. It's not as simple as who the opponent is. If there's no context, it would be easy to say the Batman could beat almost anyone, because he basically can.

kal-el
Damn good points Logan. I've seen you mention the importance of context before. A good contex for Batman v Daredevil would be...........?

kal-el
I still don't believe Bats can beat ANYBODY with prep time.It seems to be some kind of general consensus that Batman fans have come up with. I love bats, but I don't believe he can beat anyody. I do believe he's a better crimefighter than anybody, because it's all based on his flawless technique. He can only beat anybody he's studied(like the JLA members). Prep time happens in all comics. The good guy always figures out a way to beat a really tough badguy if he got clobbered first time round. He then goes after him again with a plan. Anyone with a god plan can pull off a good win, just like in sport. I know bats is smart and covers every angle but there's only so much his gadgets can do against a really powerful opponent. Lets face it, the only reason everyone believes he can beat antbody is because he's beat supes in so many comics(I think its 4 now) and thats coz he knows him inside out and because comic writers love to suprise with their stories! He wouldn't be able to do anything against Thor, Flash, Surfer, Iron man(whos suit out does bats' gadgets), Thing, Hulk(don't anybody mention that awful crossover!!). He may be the smartest but when we talk about versus, we don't mean sitting exams or chess. He's top of my league as a crimefighter but not as a fighter who'd beat the pants off of anybody.No sir!

Darth Jello
well, Daredevil really has respect for the law and for the innoscent, he's really catholic. batman, on the otherhand is a Judge Dredd-lite right wing looney. I think that's enough criteria.
Batman needs lots of toys. daredevil has consistantly managed with two radio transmitters in his horns and two billy clubs. Batman's idea of a sidekick is to put minors in danger, Daredevil usually ends up fighting side by side with his once, and probably future love, the black widow, (of course, widow would kill batsy in seconds)

VENOMfan
yeah i hate side kick's

Darth Jello
widow's less a sidekick and more a partner/future wife/ f*ck buddy

VENOMfan
I see, hope the same dosent go for Batsy and Robin

Darth Jello
which of the four robins? the chick from the silver age miller comics (DK and DK2)?

Herr Logan
Jello, I told you before, Batman is not right-wing. Wayne is a facade for the Batman, but the bleeding-heart charities and social programs he's involved in, that's based on a piece of his true personality. If he were right-wing, he wouldn't bother being a liberal playboy, he'd be a conservative playboy.
Judge Dredd kills. The Batman doesn't kill and he doesn't consider himself a judge. That's why he hands his prey over to the police after he's done with them.
The Black Widow killing the Batman? That's ridiculous. Bats has taken down better spies than her.

Kal-El, I think Batman has a few tricks up his sleeve when it comes to people like Iron Man, the the Thing, and even the Hulk. I didn't read the crossover you're talking about, and I don't know how he beat him, but I'm sure he has at least a chance. He knows the Flash, so he knows how to beat him. Thor and Silver Surfer, well, I don't think he's got chance against either of them. They're practically on different planes of existence.

Here's a spoiler for you guys, since Darth Jello asked about the various Robins:

The Spoiler is going to be the new Robin! I don't know why exactly Tim Drake is quitting, but he is, and his vigilante (ex?)girlfriend is taking his place. It's going to be a rough training period.

Darth Jello
whatever, at least the devil has faith and doesn't let a single tragedy rule his whole life.

as for the widow, how insulated is batman's suit? could he take 10,000 volts in the tuchis and having his nose shoved in his brain? She's sexy and ruthless. not that he couldn't do it alone, but if they ever ganged up on bats, that fight would be over real fast.

kal-el
Logan, Iron man would have quite a few more tricks up his Iron sleeves. The guys I chose were ones who pretty much can't be hurt except by other strongmen and maybe massive explosions, and batbombs aren't massive explosions. Of course, we can always say 'prep-'time' again.....No human can beat the flash, for obvious reasons of speed and therefore not being able to see him when he ties them up, knocks them out,whatever. As for the Hulk, he's a fist-swinging superhuman with far more speed than a normal human as well as strength, bats wouldnt have the time for any party pieces, the best he could do is sneak away. Same with Juggernaut, he cant do jack to hurt him, or colossus for that matter.

Jello, what are these transmitters in DDs horns about/for?I've never come across them before and I'm an avid DD fan.

Herr Logan
Jello, the Batman' suit can produce that many volts of electricity in an emergency, so he can take a widow's bite.
As for the devil's "faith," I don't consider that a strength, and his faith wavers every time a tragedy occurs. It is true that the Batman can't get past his trauma, and Murdock has at least tried to make himself happy.
Kal-El, Iron Man can be hurt. It would take a lot of smarts from the Batman and don't know that he could take him down, but he'd have a chance. The Batman's intelligence is a different kind than Stark's--more tactical and investigative than inventive.
I said before that the Batman knows the Flash and therefore he could conveivably beat him. He got kicked off the JLA before because he kept records of how to beat each of his teammates and they fell into the wrong hands. He knows how to bring down the JLA if any of them turns bad.

The Batman could figure out a way to handle the Hulk. Juggernaut is now more vulnerable, so he's fair game, too. Spider-Man has beaten the Juggernaut when he was invincible, and he didn't do it through sheer strength. He buried him in concrete. Obviously someone of the Batman's capabilities could do the same thing. Of course he couldn't have killed Juggernaut back then, but he could have "defeated" him.

As for Daredevil's horn transmitters, check out the first few issues of his comic. They sell them in ten issue packs at some book stores. He had little communication devices in the horns on his cowl to pick up radio signals and to enhance his radar powers. I don't think he uses them anymore. He used to be pretty high-tech, with a billy club that was chock full of gadgety goodness. It was pretty overdone and unrealistic, so they probably dropped most of it.

kal-el
Yeah, its all fair game when you're that smart I suppose, and you've given decent reasons/examples, I just hate when people argue for batman just saying, he can beat anyone with prep time and smarts redardless.I'm sure you know what I mean.
I actually remember now, I've got the DD first 20/30 issues in essential DD. yeah, he had those transmitters and the club/cane could release gas pellets and all-sorts. compaerd to back then, they seem to have just amplified his senses so he wouldnt need transmitters. It was a bit too batman and he doesnt have bats' resources

VENOMfan
whoa, hold on one of the Robin's was a CHICK!?!?

kal-el
I know there was a robinchick in the dark knight returns. He took her in coz he's old and senile.He keeps calling her Dick(as in Grayson) coz he's so old)

Darth Jello
what about batman vs. any member of the Chast (stick, stone, DD, etc.)

VENOMfan
LOL that's crazy, as for Chast could you post some BR info on them Darth Jello?

Herr Logan
It's because he's nuts, not because he's too old or senile. Have some respect! The man is crazy, not infirm! wink

kal-el
YOU KNOW I repect the dark-knight Logan!But I thought that was why he was doing it, because he was getting on in that comic because its set in the future after his retirement. I never thought it was because he was crazy. I never thought of him as dellusional crazy, just inhumanly driven crazy. Im not sure that saying he's crazy is more repsectful than saying he's old anyway. wacko

Herr Logan
It's more honest. Bats always lives on the edge of insanity. At age 50, a person does not become senile without a specific degenerative disease, and that rarely happens at age 50. The Batman was practically hallucinating, and of course tis was partially due to his injuries, but he's got a troubled mind. I respect the Batman for not being a full-on looney, but there's no question he's got a belfry full of frisky bats.

kal-el
lol!agreed

Darth Jello
the chaste are a ninja sect that are the rivals of the hand. technically, DD and electra are members. the former leader was DD's teacher and christ figure, stick, a blind guy with mad martial art skills. the current leader is stone, a ninja who can withstand any and all physical attack. the chaste can also give parts of their lifeforce to resurrect others. they are better trained and more powerful than the hand

FrothByte
spawn could wipe batman out. one of batman's best arsenals in winning is having the patience and time to figure out his opponents weakness. what if he wasn't given that chance? what if it was a fight impromptu? i don't think he'd have a chance against spawn.

Gregory
You're right. They fight impromptu in a crossover (War Devil, maybe?), and Batman loses badly. Later, he does better, but as far as I remember, he never actually beats Spawn.

Of course, that was in the DKR universe, so Batman wasn't at his best physically, but even so...

FrothByte
spawn! he'd destroy batman

Darth Jello
not really a superhero, but could batman beat the purple man?

VENOMfan
I think this thread would fair beter in the main comic hero disscusion forum

punkyhermy
take off all the super powers of ALL the super heroes and then compare them with the already ORDINARY batman.then see who wins?that is that and that is enough to convince me atleast!
All the superheros are wat they are becaus eof their SUPER powers,that's why they are no match to Batmn when it come to a MAN to MAN fight in any sense of the word.

VENOMfan
lots of heros dont have superpowers. Black panther for one. Elektra Bullseye...

Darth Jello
there are plenty of martial artists with hand to hand skills that can easily best batman, again, elektra, daredevil, stick, stone, Iron Fist, PowerMan, black panther, white tiger (RIP), etc.

who?-kid
Few people here use logic arguments when discussing Batmans possibilities to beat his ennemies. I really don't agree with the "Batman can outthink everybody"-factor. He isn't some kind of analyzing computer, who instantly notices weaknesses and strengths of his ennemies. He needs time to prepare himself. But not every villain will be happy to wait a few weeks while Batman makes a detailled file about the villain and then develops some special weapon.

So in a random encounter, there are lots of people he would lose from: the Hulk, the Thing, Spider-man, Colossus, Wolverine, Thor, Silver Surfer and so on. None of these heros have important weaknesses, and the few weaknesses they do have wouldn't bother them much. Tell me, what is Batman going to do when he doesn't know who they are? What is he going to throw against the Silver Surfer? Or against Juggernaut? He just can run and pray...

A classic mistake made here on the forum is the misconception that Batman is the only hero who is really smart and who is always well-prepared. If he prepares himself let's say against Wolverine, than it's obvious Batman knows him. But Wolverine will also know Batman, and will also know his strengths and weaknesses. So both fighters are well prepared. And don't forget, a fight is not a chessgame. Chessgames have very strict rules, and in lots of occasions, you have an idea of what your opponent is trying to do. In a (real) fight, just about anything can happen.

Batman can be beaten in every way, just like anybody, because nobody is invincible. Plain and simple. Learn to live with it, and don't give him godlike powers like almost supernatural intelligence which he just doesn't have. Granted, he's incredibly smart (definitely one of the smartes of both the DC-world and the Marvel Universe), but don't overdo it. His plans don't always work.

And punkyhermy, sorry, but your statement about "take away all the superheros powers and let them fight Batman, and we"ll see who wins" isn't very convincing. Take away the money from the Bats (money which allowed him to go to very expensive schools and learn all his impressive fighting skills from the elite and the best, money which also allowed him to make his weapons, cars and suits) and we'll see what remains of Batman. Not very much I'm afraid.

Gregory
Length of time it takes Batman to figure out how to beat Polaris after Polaris took out the entire JLA? Less than a minute.

There's a reason why when people say that Batman can beat anyone, they often add that that's if his enemy has a weakness. You seem to have figured it out; congratulations.

Faced with an enemy he could not defeat? He'd run away, of course. You seem to think you're scoring some kind of point here, but the fact is, most Batman fans know perfectly well that he has to take time to devise a stratagy. I don't know why you're telling us this, to be honest.

Batman is far smartter than most heroes.

Unless you can show that Wolverine has an information network equal to Oracles's, this is not valid; Batman will know Wolverine far better than Wolverine will know Batman.

What weaknesses are you thinking of, exactly. He doesn't have many.

Do you know what a "straw man" is. I haven's seen too many people claiming that fights are lick chess games, so why are you bringing this up.

I'm not sure what you mean by "in every way." If you plan to outfight him, you'd better be one of the world's best fighters. If you plan to trick him somehow, you'd better be a genius.

Obviously, Batman is not invincible. Nobody here said he was (aren't you the person I accused of misrepresenting Batman fans in the Spiderman thread? Well I'm accusing you again).

They almost always work.

The difference being, of course, that anyone can make money. How many people can give themselves superpowers. punkyhermy isn't very convincing on this point, but neither are you.

punkyhermy
I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but the thing concerning the money,the point which "who-kid?" made,but i think that money was a bonus as far as bruce becomming batman is concerned.money isn't wat makes him a super hero.his determination is.the fact that he stops a robbery makes him a super hero,not the fact that he's wearing an expensive batsuit.sure without his suit,he'd have to work at least about 10 times extra hard,but knowing dear batsy,that's no prob!infact,i think that having money as backup made it way easier for him to follow his dream.if he were poor he would still have tried his very best to stop crime.even if he would then,in that case wouldn't have expensive batsuites.money is not his substitude for "superpowers".his "superpower"would be as he himself states in the episeode "only a dream"of JLA "i do have one,johnny,i never give up"well then you'd have to say take away his "determination"but you can always develop one even if in some way you take his "away"And if u wanna take his determination away than u have to have some sort of power to change his past,which is not possible.

who?-kid
Answer to punkyhermy: I never said that his money was some kind of replacement for superpowers. I know his personality is awesome and that he is very strongwilled. Like I said somewhere before, I really like Batman. He is cool and impressive.

I just believe that without his money, he would never have been taught from the best of the best, and so he would never have become the best - because these days, he truly is the best, in DC. His fighting skills, his tracking skills, his science knowledge and so on: he learned all of those at expensive schools or from teachers/senseis/whatever who just are the best. Without this long and very expensive training, he wouldn't be half the hero he is nowadays. He would also be impressive, but would be much easier to beat.

This money-thing is certainly not an insult, because every hero has his way to become a superhero. Some do it with a magical hammer, others with gamma-radiation. Batman did it with money and, not to forget, with a lust for vengeance. So no offence punkyhermy :-)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>