what's the best Terminator 1 2 or 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

greeny33
write back your view eek!

greeny33
my favourite has to be number 3

chica16
T3 sucked... T2 is my fav

alic88
i voted for t2. although t3 was really really good but not good enough 2 beat t2

skule
T2 hands down, it was da coolest.

CoCooN
i dont remember enymore when the last movie sucked like t3....i think power rangers is better then t3

alic88
thatz ur opinion cocoon. like i said, most people think differently. most people think t3 is actually a very good movie. some even say better than the rest

masterofmatrix
i voted for T3 DONT CRITIZIZE ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

andrw912
i liked t3, but t2 was better

alic88
i think t3 was awesome. may b even better. there r gonna b stupid people who will critisize u. u should stick 2 ur movie.

Kes
I think they did a good job with T3 considering what happen in T2. I think it makes sence why Judgement day happens but I think they ruin things a bit by making to many homages to T2. The way the Termenatrix runs, and talks and the chase with the Truck or whatevere that thing is called!. It's too much like T-1000 which rocked big time. If they hadn't done that it would have been better. (IMO)
I voted for T2! It's just one of the best action movies around, with one of the coolest villains!

dulobast25
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3620098067

Kes
Cute dog! Kidney failure..thats what my dog died of. You should have posted it in the Off-topic area.

dulobast25
I was hoping somebody would be willing to help..even the smallest help

dulobast25
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3620098067&category=10842

alic88
i'll try my best duloblast. i've got 2 german shephardz myself. i know what it feels like 2 have a dog dying. my cat died

Kes
I lost a cat to tumers, a dog to kidney failure and i have anothere dog with a huge tumer (not operable) and skin problem. I know what it feels like. And hpw expensive it is.

Lt.Columbo
T3- I just saw it and in my opinion, it's better. Great effects, good story and it even has some very funny bits.

dulobast25
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10845&item=3621349592

Anything little bit anyone can help with would be beneficial and greatyl appreciated.

alaba
t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2t2
t2t2....................... big grin

Rhubarb Man
Two words: The Terminator.
Best film in the franchise

DBZFan
Cute!Love the dog,I have a dog of my own....And I am tired of picking up the poop.I think the shuvle deserves better and my dogs poop in the house.

Ambarturion
2 just has it over 1. I don`t rate 3 anywhere close.

DBZFan
LOL.

alic88
t2 then t3 and the t2:3d ride( both are awesome) and then THE TERMINATOR( SINCE I WATCHED IT A GOOD 10 YEARZ LATER)

Rhubarb Man
Im one out of two who likes the Terminator the most? Just two? Dear oh dear...

Guy_in_the_back
without a doubt. T2, Judgement Day, was hands down the clear winner. I haven't seen T3, and I hate to review a movie I haven't seen, however, Judgement Day revolutionized today's special FX. Arnold's best movie!

wicker_man
I have to agree with Guy in the back and say T2:Judgement is by far the best of the Terminator Trilogy

t1 hands down, T2 was pussy

pablo007
I voted T3 but now that I compare them it's a tie. T3 was very good and I don't agree with the persons that say it sucked.

moviebuff
agree with most of u .T2 was the coolest but even T3 was good. and skule u never told whether u liked T3 or not . i know everyone's opinions, what urs?

bad banana
Most definitely Terminator 2. A bigger, more dramatic version of T1 with meaningful themes and revolutionary special effects. Arnold in his acting prime and looked decent.

DBZFan
T2,T1, and T3 are all the same no?

bad banana
Uh...definitely not.

alic88
113. what the hell r u saying. u saying that t2 is pussy? wht the FUC* is wrong with u. people may argue bout t3 but t2! i mean, it is THE BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIMES. but it is ur opinion and i really dont wanna start a fight. plz i wanna have peace

skule
for me its a tossup btwn t2 and t1, the freshness of the t1 storyline when i saw it as a kid, just made me love that movie, u know ..advanced machines sent back into time. And that scene in the last part when they blow up the truck arnie was driving...and u see a humanoind figure burning in flames and u think finally it died, and suddenly u see..the t800 rise up in its full glory with a damaged foot it limps still trying to finish its mission of termination. u guys know what i am talking about!! T2 was the same cept the effects of course was far superior than t1 as the years passed, just comparing the 2 movies... t1 for sure. t2 close 2nd.

alic88
the thing is i watched t1 a good 10 yearz later so i may well b wrong saying that 2 was better than1. but i loved 2 more than1. although kyle is the coolest hero, loved t1

moviebuff
i dont know why some of u think that T1 was the best , i mean yeah it was good and original but it was not as good as T2 and infact not even as good as T3.

moviebuff
i dont know why some of u think that T1 was the best , i mean yeah it was good and original but it was not as good as T2 and infact not even as good as T3.

Ambarturion
People think T1 is the best for a number of reasons.
It has a gritty realistic feel.
It has suspense and action, and is well scripted.
It`s the basis for the Terminator films and sets up the universe.
Arnold is truly menacing in it, before he is made into a nice guy for the sequel (and made into a caricature for T3)
The story is emotionally moving, makes sense and ends satisfyingly.

T2 mostly expands on the first film, doing most of the same stuff just on a larger scale. It also changes the characters so that there is an interesting contrast with the first film, while adding more to the story without messing up what has gone before. All this while ending on a positive, hopeful note.

Whereas we come to T3. Without getting vicious, it quite frankly seems like it`s set in a completely different universe.

alic88
t2z the best of the 3, after that t3 just and i mean JUST slips ahead of t1. t2:3d was amazing, something else. i would die 2 go there 1 more time

skule
exactly t1 was raw and new but for me it was realistic, it was simple premis not bogged down to much by effects, it was a drama with a human story to be told, the love story in it gave the human quality, and then it was a sci fi as well. T2 expands more of course the effects were superb, t3 was like just a late night sci fi. But T1's simplicity never cluttered the movie storyline. Arnie was scary in it too, i was about 9 or 10 when it came out..scared the living hell out of me i still remeber arnie in the bar scene as he whips out the gun with the laser sighting and aims it at sarah, the look in his eye of pure evil about to anhiliate, plus the last part as u see the t800' with out the skin and those red eyes. For me that was superb. As always just my humble opinon

alic88
but t3 isnt as bad at all as u guyz r saying it is.

dulobast25
alice88 why do you say t3 wasn't as good as t1 and t2 and then say t2 is best followed by t2 3d then t3 and then t1. I'm not trying to be hard butseems like you want to make t3 better than t1 but you don't really feel that way. Did you bother to watch t1 ultimate edition? I'm, sorry t1 was the rawest, most action packed it was the bset?
why was t1 the bset?
1 it was a budget flick that becsaeu it was so good, actually that it had bega blockbuster a budget sucess
2 it was so good that those who wouldn't pay 6.8 mil produce t1, after actually seeing it produced drop down 100million for the second
3.Was made on a shoe string budget and yet had fewe mistakes than t1 or t2
4.I all actuallity had a more intimitating terminator
5.t2 was made from scrap ideas and plot that was removed from t1 to make it shorter and more to thr point which is why t2 has a londer dead space in the middle of the film..they minimzed it in t1 to maintain the pace.
6 you get the sense of hoplessness with t1 that you don't get with t2
7.you get the sense of intimidation and fear that isn't present in t2
8.the terminatoer hasn no good side, like in t2, no smooth edges
9.t1 has more grit, which is necessary for the plot
10.you get the feeling that he will not stop
11 scene for scene, action for action t 800 was the most relentless killing machine out of the 3 termnators (t1)
12.Arnold actually cted like a cyborg in t1
13.BELEIVE IT OR NOT, the plot was better, more in depth and better explained in t1 (i welcome anybody to ssay otherwise)
14. We see sarah change from soft to who she is in t2
15t1 was the only one with sex or nipples
16.t1 has something for everybody..even a love story
17. Although more expensive, eveyrhting was filmed at night for the effect that acmeron wanted
18 the soundtrack was excellent
19.the deaths were more gruesome then they they are in todays' society in t2 or t3 and t1 arnold killed more peole than too and tx did in t2 and t3 combined
20.the lazer ponter on the gun
21/ the car chase secent was better than any chase scent in any other term movie
22. the ****in motorcylce scen in t2 was more elaborate but not as creatvie or "evil" as the car through the window scene in t1..nobody ever did stuff like that yet and never seen it since.
23dr silberman deliberatky NEVER sees arnold in t1 camerons precise and deiberate timing adding to the incrdibilityof kyles's story and ensuring sarah and kyle would figh alone.
24.the pulling heart out was freakin' gold and they tried to copy it in t3 but it' sucked and the blood looked more real in t1
25 THE SPECIAL EFFECTS IN T! were MORE DIFFICULT TO DO AND MUCH MORE AMBITIOUS TO DO THAT THOSE IN T2, NEVERMIND THE TECHNICAL DISADVANTAGE of 1984

skule
exactly what i feel too, the gruesome raw feel of the terminator in t1 was awesome, it was more on the story and less on the tech stuff. T2 is awesome though because of the technological advancements in special effects no doubt, but still nothing can hold a candle to t1, the terminator was relentless expression less a machine created to do one task only. T2 saw robert patrick doing that as well no doubt, but just that dark feel in t1 added to the scare and horror factor of the movie as well. There was no humor in t1, no arnie trying to smile and act stupid etc, although in t2 it did add to the character of the movie a bit more, in t3 it just got stupid really, "talk to the hand" and the stupid sunglasses he takes out of the jacket pocket. Comeon! I think those of us who are in the mid 20s - late 20's remeber watching t1 at the time it came out, at that time the movie was futuristic, but some i guess whom watched maybe after t2 or years after it came out see the old technical effects and obviously it looks outdated from today, hence cant appreciate it as much. But definatly for me T1 ..was superb. And will awalys be superb.

moviebuff
perhaps i gotta see T1 again coz it may just be a bit ahead of T3 but it is not as good as T2.

moviebuff
and BTW T1 just made 80 million dollars worldwide

dulobast25
t1 made 80 million, but only cost 6.8 million to make, so assuming it only made 6.8 million, then they made 10 times the cost of the movie..that's better than t3 or t2. You know aht's funny, robotic special effects made the terminator series.... nit the computer graphics. the stan winston part, the makeup..the traditional effects are the most interesting and the t-800 will always be the most interesting of the terminators regardless of all the hype of the new ones, the humanlike look, no frill, just raw brute murderous cyborg which is why we are all here..the infrared-the evil..the red eyes. THE SPECIAL EFFECTS IN T1 were more ambitious then any in t2 or t3 if anybodyt wants to know i'll tell you why. They didn't try as hard in t2. the only fake looking part was during the bathroom scent, but in t2 during the police shootout, you could tell that that was a robot too, but it' wasn't even a robot, it was a puppet.. in t1 it was actually a robot. t1 was more creatve and ti had more technical stuff in it that t2. really in t2 the best part of the makeup was tearing off the arm meat, but the missing arm looked fake as did the fat metal fingers and fat endoskeleton head..the good makeup was just before the head smashing scene, but sucked afterwards. the t2 soundtrack was a remake of the t1 soundtrack. too. T1 was it

carnage713
i agree

dulobast25
it's only fair t1 was the jc masterpiece which is why everyone after t1 became a household name..not so with terminator2

dulobast25
ther aslo were more high quality actors in t1

dulobast25
everybody who actually prefers t1 isn't placing it on the vote

skule
polls closed sad
anyways , t1 superb, 6.8 mill to make and made 80 mill in its day thats awesome. Also the effort that went into the puppet making and the robot figures etc were painstaking, for me as i see more and more if not all movies in cgi although the fluid movements are awesome its just a game like quality to it, i saw the hulk was ok ..cant compare to lou feriggno in the series one bit, why lou was a real actor (i mean a real person!) it makes it more "real" T1 had that effect, plus the fear in sarahs eyes, and kyles hopeless quest to protect her, i wish they make more movies like that.

dulobast25
yeah did you see t1 special edition? that will let all these no beleivers see why t1 deserves to be the best terminator movie

skule
yeah i saw it dont own it, but i had seen the behinds the scenes stuff with cameron and his crew, all paintstaking effort went into movie the t800 body frame with a few guys underneath holding it up as i recall. To be honest now that i think about it, i started really getting into sci fi after watcing the terminator, because it addressed technology and time travel, and i have been intrigued by it since..i guess like most of u guys too, but it was terminator that made be realise it, when i was about 9 smile That movie rocks, T2 close 2nd! yeah yeah i keep repeating that. oh dulobast dont u ever sleep wink

dulobast25
man the freakin's cigarette smoke thing was freakin simple genius

skule
ahhhh a fellow smoker

dulobast25
wasn't that idea freakin cool?

Evanescence
T2 is definatly the best by far.

alic88
yup. best movie of all times

dulobast25
the first 2 were both damned good

carnage713
ya no doubt

dulobast25
hope t4 is

carnage713
i got a feeling w/ that 1

dulobast25
i hope with that one

carnage713
hope is the key word. have they started production yet?

dulobast25
yes, but not filming

carnage713
i c it better come out soon but i dont want them to rush it so the film sucks

dulobast25
yeah, me too. I want them to take thier time

alic88
i want it 2 b the last. 3 HOUR EPIC, coz i feel if they make t5 it will JUST COMPLETELY ruin the franchise. last terminator movie. MAKE IT A LONG 1 AND THE LAST. SO I SHALL B HAPPY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

carnage713
it better b good either way t4 or t4 and t5. for the sake of alics life

dulobast25
yeah make t4 better than the others ans say no to t5

carnage713
say no to drugs also wink

carnage713
it just better be good

alic88
it will b. just imagine the war and everything and jc fighting the terminators. WOW WOW WOW can wait. sadly have2 wait for 5 fcukin yearz

carnage713
better than 10yrs

alic88
lol i guess

dulobast25
no, 8 years will enure the longetvity of the term franshise..so it doens't burn out, so it wont be a fad, but more of classic storyelling, like james bond and much more relevnt to the muman condition

theone0103
I liked Terminator 2: Judgement Day the best.

alic88
I THINK EVERY1 DID. i dont wanna wait that long

carnage713
5 yrs shud b plenty

Sparkle
Mine is definately number 2. It's the most entertaining by FAR!

alic88
ya very entertaining

Sir R DeNiro
Definately T1. It really made Arnie a big star. He was really just a bodybuilder trying to crack it at Hollywood until T1.

alic88
the best scene in t1 for me was when the endo in the end came. that was so cool, considering it was 1984 it was 2 good

carnage713
i liked wen arnold pulled the punks hart out

RossBond
I prefer T3 over T1 followed Closely by T2.

All three are brilliant films.

vvvrulz
Agreed, its one of the better trilogies.

alic88
i think its the best, wheather people realise it or not

carnage713
t3 aint the best, in my opinion, i loved it and all but it will never live up to t2

vvvrulz

alic88
i never said that. my fav. is 2. as i watch 1 more it gets better lol

carnage713
ya for sure. i kno i lov a film wen i never get sick of it. there is no way i cud get sick of t2. im already kinda sick of 1. havent gotten to that point w/ 3 yet

alic88
i m sick of t2. still not sick of t1 so thats interesting. t3 not yet

carnage713
really i cud never get sick of t2

alic88
its on the tv every other day t2. so may b thats y i m sick of it

vvvrulz
Nah i sure aint sick of T2 , nor one. Only seen T3 once.

alic88
lol only once? thats kind of bad

RossBond
The more I watch T2 the less I watch of it.

I find that it's very very preachy and just overbrimming with information...some of which is incorrect.

I much prefer T3 for the simple fact that it is very simiiar to The Terminator in its storytelling style. That and the fact where I still find new things every time I watch it and this is after 30+ viewings now.

And someone somewhere aasked me if I was a Matrix fan...yes I Love the Matrix...Loathed Reloaded...and was marginally satisfied with Revolutions. I would've preferred them to have stopped with the original though.

vvvrulz
I hear ya man. I was bitterly disappointed with the matrix sequels, and the original was my alltime fav, just edgeing out the terminator series.

alic88
u mean u like the original matrix better than the terminator?

vvvrulz
Yeah, just. After the pathetic sequels though, the matrix probably slides down the ranks a bit.

alic88
the original matrix i agree was cool. they explained the story in great details. but then it just got worse. reloaded and revolutions. havent seen revolutions but reviews aint good

SlickRick69
I like to think of each movie being 'great' in their own respects, and also in the way they advance a story, and still make a pretty decent attempt to stay 'true' to the events of the first, while also staying committed to the idea that the future is not set, that some alterations can and will affect the way things happen, and possibly why they happen, and sometimes when they happen... but still, in the end, the future fate of man is sealed, and it all DOES happen, which still holds true to the basic idea of Fate as being, well, Fate... I dunno about ranking one movie in a 'successful series' vs another of the same series. Times change, budgets for films fluctuate, up or down, actors, directors, writers etc... come and go... then come back and try to make up for going away in the first place, etc etc...

All the Terminator movies are GREAT in most respects, while seeming cliched and trite and carbon copies of themselves and of other man vs machine, futuristic sci-fi actioners...

just my opinion... I could be wrong... (probably not!)

kksMt
T 1 was the beginning of it all. even though the graphics are crap it was the original idea, it had good acting, something that T3 didn't. I love T1 and 2, but for originallity i love T1. T2 is enertaining to watch, and has both aspects of T3 and 1 -the acting and special effects. But number one is the best. 2 follows closely. 3 is left behind. - KKsMt

vvvrulz
I can see your point actually. When it comes to utilising the CGI recources, T1 would probably win. Cos lets face it, in those days the CGI technology was a joke. I would still put T2 at number one though, T3 is last by a country mile.

PunisherFan33
T3 suxxxx T2 is the best

Jodaku
Note: same post as above, but with corrections, since the 15 minutes I got to edit my post ran out, I had to post it again. Could a mod or admin please delete my original post above.

T1>T2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T3.

As others have said, T1 was was just raw, everything from the predominantly dark setting, Arnold as the horrifying bad Terminator, a kick ass Kyle Reese, a vunerable Sarah Connor who we see grow and those excellent flashbacks of the war torn future. The whole time travel element is always an intriging device to use, but no film has pulled it of like Terminator (which of course set up the whole series), with it's paradoxes (which is most evident in T1, if you've seen the special edition DVD with the deleted scenes), characters, stroy, just everything.
The film was a sci-fi, that boarded on a horror, with excellent action, a great story, with even a hint of romance.

Now we go into T2, with a budget many times over that T1 had. Special effects were undoubtly awesome, we're intorduced to a young John Connor (we also see an awesome grown version of him in the future), Sarah Connor's transformation into a military minded heroine in complete and of course, Arnie comes back as a good Terminator to protect JC. T2 is unquestionably a classic, but lacked the rawness of T1, but I suppose it was always going to lose that with the bigger budget. I loved how the roles were switch from T1. I mean we got the main villian from T1 who is now the main good guy (or machine I should say), the new bad Terminator is what James C. orginally wanted the Terminator to be (a non-descript man who you wouldn't give a second look to), Sarah becomes to John, what Kyle was to her in T1. It's amazing stuff. T2 was basically what T1 was (but with a bigger budget) but without the rawness amd instead of romance, we get try humour in it's place. T2 wrapped the whole stroy up perfectly, ending on a positive note, which is why partly way I hate T3 so much.

T3, well I'm not gonna say too much but I hated it. They took the dry humour from T2 and turned it into slapstick, they made John Connor lame, Kate Brustier (sp?) is a very poor replacment for Sarah Connor and I basically hated just about everything about it. Only the T-X was decent and I'll admit the ending did surprise me, but even that renders the ending of T2 to be meaningless, which they shouldn't have done. Basically T3 to the Terminator series is what DBGT is to DB and DBZ.

vvvrulz
Thats very well put there. You're right about the DBGT vs T3 comparison as well. Its more like an 'add-on' rather than the real deal. Sort of like mods for 1st person shooting games.

Ahnold
Damn! I wish the poll hadn't been closed. I was all ready to put in my vote for T2 ...

vvvrulz
I'm surprised you haven't voted already.

Ahnold
I've been away for a looooong time ...

vvvrulz
Least ur back to help resurrect whats left of this forum.

TheFilmProphet
I'm here now too evil face

Ahnold
Vvvrulz - you may have noticed that I've been posting here a lot over the past few days. And the reason for that is to accomplish precisely what you suggest - to take this forum out of the funk that it's been since June ...

I realise that I'm leaving soon, but I've also started something here - something important. It's now up to you, and other fans like you, to carry the torch, and to keep this forum alive. I promise you that if you do, then one day this forum will take its pride of place amongst the others here at the KMC.

So let us begin ...

vvvrulz
Sure thing, me and the five or so others (including you FilmProphet of course) will do whatever it takes to keep flame burning.

Ahnold
Heh - I know you will ...

alic88
i've been keeping the flame burning since i joined.. even when there were like 3 people posting FOR A WHOLE MONTH

Ahnold
I know that, alic. Heh - you and vvv are probably the most dedicated people left; I know that with you guys around, the forum is in safe hands ...

Ahnold
Just promise to go easy on T3, eh stick out tongue ?

vvvrulz
Haha will do.

iceblock71
terminator 2

Red Superfly
T2>T1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Van Helsing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T3.

THAT's how bad T3 is.

vvvrulz
Van Helsing !
Thats saying a lot.

Ahnold
Let's not go nuts here. VH was atrocious; I don't think that anyone can say that T3 was anything less than "mediocre and disappointing".

vvvrulz
Yeah it was average, but not ghastly.

TheFilmProphet
I agree, it was probably worse to us Terminator fans though.

vvvrulz
Oh yes, a stab to the heart.
I 'was' an even bigger matrix fan, think of the annoyance there !

A few suicide attempts came my way..
(Jokes!)

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

Konjammenson
T3 was to all true terminator fans what any movie based on a book is to avid readers. It was just not done right. If I was not so hardcore about the first two I probably would have thought T3 was cool. But guess what? I'm one of those nerds who went into the theatre with crossed arms picking out every little discrepancy I could find and left feeling very dissapointed.

TheFilmProphet
same here

vvvrulz
We all were.

TheFilmProphet
in some ways good, in some ways bad.

vvvrulz
How good?

TheFilmProphet
That we are not in denyle like others are.

vvvrulz
Haha true, others like to kid themselves.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah poor kids, especially the Star Wars ones.

Red Superfly
I know.

This goes for the Matrix, Star Wars, Blade, Terminator, and any other "true fan" who is under the assumption that in order to be a "true fan" - you must BLINDLY love every movie in a certain series.

It's like when you say "I like the Original Star Wars but I hate these new ones" - people (by that I mean 12 year old net n00bs) say "you're not a Star Wars fan".

That REALLY bugs me. It's not my fault I can't stand Matrix Revolutions and hate the CGI in Matrix Reloaded - but I still consider myself a Matrix fan. It's not my fault I thought Terminator 3 was too orange/brown (Arnie was orange, the sky was orange, everything was orange or brown!) or that the plot was an inferioir rehash of T2 - but I still consider myself a Terminator fan.

It's usually the true fans that end up saying "hold on - now you're pushing it". If it wasn't for people saying "you made these mistakes: a, b, c, d" then nobody would know what mistakes to steer clear from.

If so called "true fans" were the only ones who cared enough to comment on these movies, then the movie industry would just bomb.

TheFilmProphet
I agree

Konjammenson
I'll drink to that! beer

TheFilmProphet
Me too! drunk

vvvrulz
He makes a good point about the Orange-Brownish colours. The movie had no darkness whatsoever, it was like a saturday morning kids flick.

TheFilmProphet
yeah I agree

Ahnold
The end was fairly dark ...

vvvrulz
But the general 'mood' was a pleasant one.

Ahnold
It was "optimistic", but I wouldn't go so far as to say pleasant ...

vvvrulz
Well more so than the others anyway. Its all relative (as einstien said)

TheFilmProphet
The ending and beginning were the only "dark" and scenes that paid any real justice to the franchise, but of course you know the rest.

vvvrulz
All too well...

TheFilmProphet
Unfortunately....... wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>