the prophecy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth fester
does anyone know what the prophecy says
do u think well find out
or will be left just guessing

Dim
I don't think it's going to be totally spelled out for us. We might get a bit more information when Obi-Wan talks to Jocasta though.

Bragg2012
I think this is one of the things we will not be told, well maybe briefly as Dim said but i dont think GL will answer ALL of our questions so we will still be left guessing about a few things after Ep3. confused

OBI-WAN1

King Jedi
Here is what I think -
The Dark Side of the force created Palpatine. It somehow manifested itself into a human being.
So. the midi-chlorians created Anakin who if trained properly would bring balance because he would become as powerfull with the force as Palpatine.
But, Anakin chose the quick and easy path and turned to the Dark side and only brought balance at the end of ROTJ when he killed Palpy.

But I can't see this happening.

yerssot
Cool!
And by being killed in the end of the movie, he DID bring balance to the Force.
I just thought of something:
You have SelectPic that shows OB1 whitout the Lightning that will be added in postproduction. I think that Annakin watch him and does nothing, but OB1 can escape. This brings us to ROTJ where he sees Luke getting the same treatment and you think 'oh now! he let's his son get killed!!' and at the last moment he saves Luke

Ushgarak
It would not have been the being killed that brought balance, but the destrcution of Palpatine, as GL said.

BTW, we have no reason to think that lightning is invovled in Ep. II at any point.

yerssot
There is a Selec Pic with OB1 laying down on the floor like he is in pain, lightning is always added in post-production like with ROTJ, so it seems that it will be that. I haven't read the scripts of EPII because it must be a surprise to me, so it was just FanFiction that I wrote that would be very cool for me if it happened.

King Jedi
I think that pic is of Obi-Wan after or during his fight with Jango. That would explain why he is soaking wet.

yerssot
Darn! I didn't even noticed that he was wet!!!

darth fester
so for the prophecy to exist someone must have wrote it

so who wrote it and where did they get it from

some kind of star wars god

King Jedi
A Jawa????? No, it must have been a Jedi who foresaw it.

robbery
ive got a feeling we will never be told where the prophecy comes from, it just is. Its the same with DUNE isnt it??

Ushgarak
No, because the Dune Prophecy was engineered by the Bene
Gesserit.

We really don't know if this will be expanded upon or not. COuld have been the Midi-Chlorians gave it to the Jedi aeons ago.

queeq
Midi's are not conscious. They do not create Chosen Ones or create balance.

jedi212guy
The prophecy is just a legend, and the Jedi don't even know if it will ever come true. I don't think Anakin was created by the midichlorians. I would thin kit would be cool if Palpy was somehow his father. weird... roll eyes (sarcastic)

jedi212guy
....think it..... sorry

sand person no. 10
no no no, it better not be palpatine, i believe the sw's universe is already to closely intertwined with coincidences and interlinked history without palpatine being anakins father, if it was palpatine wouldn't he have referred to vader as his son rather than my friend. also if he was palpatines son, why would palpatine have let shmi take him to tatooine,

Ushgarak
I think you are right. I see no need to deviate now from the MCs story, anyway.

queeq
I see a great need to deviate from the MC's story, but not in that direction. laughing out loud

sand person no. 10
if he does have a father it is surely to late to introduce such an important character into the series now. would rotj not have been a more appropriate time or obviously tpm. i doubt we will ever truly know, i guess it was to hard to invent such a powerful character so lucas took the easy immaculate conception route.

queeq
Unless he was a nobody so it wouldn't have mattered.

DJ Velocity
To be honest, I think "the prophecy" is right in front of us.

GL always draws his ideas from the real world. Christianity, Taoism etc. I believe the prophecy will be similar to a legend, myth or belief of somekind that exists in our world. I just can't think of any religion/myth that would echo my personal thoughts of this prophecy except Christianity.

We have had the virgin birth (TPM)-------big gap-------then the death of the "savior"(RotJ) and, like Jesus Christ, little is known about his life inbetween these events.

Of course I am not trying to draw an exact comparison between JC and AS but there is very good analogy from what we know so far.

Could Ben be Judas? (In Anakin's eye)

queeq
The analogy works, but mind you. Virgin birth is not unique to Christianity. It happens in several other myths. And then there is the thing that Anakin was kinda bad in between the two events you listed, but that's just nitpicking. big grin

yerssot
I know who the father of Annakin is: it is Yoda!!
Didn't you noticed that weird look on his face when he saw Annakin? smile smile smile smile rolling on floor laughing smile smile smile smile

Ushgarak
This is not the first time I have had to make this point.

It is NOT a Virgin birth scenmario.

Anakin's foretold birth by the link to the power that controls the Universe is almost exactly the same as the birth of Greek or Roman heroes with one human parent and one godly one.

This was always a mythological base, not a Christian one.

darth fester
no yoda always has a weird look on his face

weve been told already that anakin dosnt have a farther
so i dont see why that should change

i still think that ben was lying in anh when he gives luke the lightsabres and tells him it was his farthers and he wanted him to have it

1. the twins were kept secret from anakin so it was a lie that he wanted luke to have it

2. the lightsabre was diffrent from the ones in tpm

i just think it was a spare one or some thing and ben told him his farther wanted him to have it knowing that he would want to follow in his fathers footsteps

Ushgarak
We have no particular reason to disbeleive Obi-Wan.

BTW, we still don't know if Anakin knew that Amidala was pregnant.

Meanwhile, Obi-Wan was probably not wrong in thinking that if Anakin had a son, and then had subsequently died, he would have wanted his son to have it. Obi-Wan knew Anakin best, after all, and who else would it go to?

Meanwhile, plenty of time for Anakin to get hold of that sabre... I don't know WHAT you mean about it being different from the one in TPM. Why would any sabre in TPM be the one Obi-Wan gave to Luke?

robbery
yeah what u talking about darth fester?, anakin didnt have a light saber in tpm.

King Jedi
Adding to Ushgarak's point about "virgin births". Hercules, Alexander the Great and Julios Ceaser all were supposed to have had had one human parent and one godly one, like Anakin.

robbery
thats really interesting thanks smile

queeq
Oh there's much more where that came from. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.