Presentation Quality

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Glipt
How has everybody found the presentation quality of movies lately? I have found picture quality to be not too bad. Sound is a much different story however. I saw Two Towers 3 times in a flagship THX auditorium and 2 IMAX auditoriums (not DMR like Reloaded). Once the volume was too low next the left, right and subwoofer were completely off. Next the left channel and subwoofer were off. I live in the Toronto area and most of our cinemas are less than 8 years old, all have new digital sound systems big, screens and stadium seating. Many are also THX certified. Sounds great eh? Not quite. Nobody checks up on quality and most auditoriums have reverted to analog sound (due to dirty digital readers or other tech problems). I have recently taken to complaning after each poor presentation and demanding a refund and as a result have not paid for a movie in almost a year. If more of us start complaining, the cinema owners will have to step up the quality assurance. Here's what to look for. If your in a large THX certified auditorium and an explosion happens (ie. the wall at Helms Deep) and you don't FEEL it in your chest, you are being cheated. All of these new cinemas are outfitted with good sound systems (especially of course the THX ones). The cinema HAS the equipment to blow us away with awesome sound. All that has to be done is to maintain it and plug all the right wires in ect. All of us should DEMAND better presentation. Start the revolution. Demand a refund.

GABRIEL05
Hmmmm You have a good point. But I've never noticed this at my theatres, but that doesn't mean they're broken. However if a movies good, and I can hear everything in it clearly, and dynamically, then I'm satisfied. Guess I'm just complacent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.