Padme's costumes vs. Arwen's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Princess_Leia
So, who's costumes do u prefer?(including Arwen's for both movies). Which is ur favourite costumes of both Arwen and Padme and ur favourite overall? I've only seen ep2 once so it's hard to have a great memory of all of Padme's costumes but I loved them, I really like her purplely one she wore an the balcony at the Lake Retreat place, that was so pretty! The picinic one was pretty too. I have to really see the movie again so I can really look at each one properly. I loved Arwen's too, her's wear mostly medieval style ones, I liked the very first one u see her in and the bridge scene one is pretty too. The see thro blue one in the 2nd movie is nice too, they're all so good! I think maybe overall I liked Padme's more, they were all just so gorgeous but I loved Arwen's too. I think my favourite Padme 1 is the Lake Retreat 1, it's all shimmery and purple. Arwen, I think maybe the Bridge scene one but I'm not sure. So how bout u guys? which one's do u like best or are ther any u don't like?

Skittles19
um ...arwen's def. they're original w/out being bizarre... very beautiful but understated.. and well.. bc lotr is cooler than star wars

silver_tears
i like arwens outfit when she rides the horses from the ring wraiths in lotr 1 and the outfit she wore when she and aragorn were talking bout her immortality i think shes gorgues and her outfits make her even prettier big grin

Darth Vicious
Padmes white clothes in the clone wars, and Padme in general since she had more clothes than Arwens, Arwen only had a handful plus Natalie Portman is more beautiful than Liv Tyle!

undomiel
Arwens were better

ariwin
I like Padme's... I think they're more creative...

though I like LotR more than I like Star Wars

Princess_Leia
I do mean Padme's ep2 clothes obviously, just in case anyone thought i meant her ep1 ones which were quite weird. Padme did have more clothes then Arwen.I think Arwen's made her look ethereal, where as Padme's made her look really feminine and pretty. Someone was saying Natalie is prettier than Liv, I like them both, personality wise I prefer Liv though. I think Natalie is conventionally pretty whereas Liv is sorta unusual, maybe exotic, i dunno if that's the right word. Liv's were beautiful, I liked them all and I think she's gorgeous, I loved the blue see through one is the 2nd film and her riding one was great. Padme's were all very pretty too, I really liked both! I can't decide! Please don't just choose which one u like better due to which films u like more cause that's not the point of the thread ok.

SaTsuJiN
I prefer Padme's as well. Her clothing combined the beauty of a myriad of cultures clothing. Japanese, Indian, Rome.. they were all very elaborate which suits the star wars setting well.

I didnt choose arwens because those types of clothing were expected of someone of her type. The elven things are pretty but Padme's were far more eye catching, whereas arwens were more subtle

Princess_Leia
Yeh that's true, they were subtle. I think also the look of both films were different, like ep2 was really beautiful with great scenery and Padme's clothes sorta fitted in with that, you know, very pretty and feminine and they just worked well. Lord of the Rings was less visual is you get what I mean, not so much focused on where they were, more what they were doing. Arwen's clothes were beautiful too but just different. Very medieval style for the most and suited her character. I think Arwen's were really ethereal and graceful and stuff, like her and Padme's very pretty and feminine. I loved them both. I prefer Arwen as a character but I think Padme's clothes jump out at you more. I have to see ep2 again so I can really get a better look at Padme's clothes though cause I've only seen the movie once, but I've seen loads of pictures but u get a better idea actually seeing the movie. I know everyone probably knows this but Padme's white outfit is a rip off of leia's one.

Tired Hiker
Padme is all for show. Arwin is pure beauty. Besides, Portman seems like she'd be a snobby little b!tch and Tyler would be down to earth and hella cool to chill with. Sorry. Arwen Evanstar all the way. Her clothes were subtle, yes, but it takes much skill to make them that way. Padme looked like a poster girl for Galaxy Teen Magazine. stick out tongue

Nefertite
Could someone post a picture of Padme?

Princess_Leia
That's actually pretty true, Tired Hiker. I mean, everyone just talks about Padme's clothes or her 'hotness' so it disguises the fact she's actually a pretty dull character which is due to Natalie's performance. I do see what u mean, she does come across as a snob and i think it was so ungrateful that she said 'acting isn't a real job', I'd gladly switch places with her is that's the way she feels! When i said Arwen's clothes were subtle I didn't mean that that was bad just that well they were very beautiful I guess u paid more attention to her whereas with Padme all u really see is her many different costumes. Liv Tyler definetely seems to be a much nicer person then Natalie, I feel anyway but then again I don't know either but that's the way it comes across. If I had the choice of which character to be I'd pick Arwen, I think she's so beautiful and of course her boyfriend is veryyyyyy nice! I do like Padme's clothes but I definetely like Arwen a lot more.

billyboyd4ever
i dunno...padme's clothes kinda freak me out, i mean they are original and sorta pretty but i think i like arwens better, they're so subtle + graceful that it really brings out her unique beauty

fini
hmmmmmmm, i think its unfair to compare the clothes itself given for these characters to wear. but we could compare what the overall effect
But then again Padame had more screen time than Arwen and had to make more costume changes.
Padame clothes were more rigid and royal, while Arwen's clothes were light and femme.
i'll post some pics soon

Princess_Leia
In ep2 her clothes weren't rigid and royal though, ep1 yeh but I'm talking about ep2 here. I think Padme's are really pretty and they suit her and the star wars galaxy. I think Arwen's are subtle and lovely, they make her look really ethereal and give her the whole elf look. Her's are for the most medieval style gowns. Padme's were very feminine and pretty. Padme also comes across to me very pretty whereas Arwen is really beautiful and graceful and I think their costumes suit them both. Some of Padme's are a bit weird at times but most of the time she wore really nice dresses like the one on the picnic and the shimmery purpley one by the lake. I really have to see the movie again so I can compare better. I loved Arwen's but I think Padme's are more unusual, like they don't have a certain one style but loads of different things combined. Arwen's are beautiful too but I'd describe them as medieval (which isn't a bad thing or anything). I loved both, I can't decide!

This might be a bit off topic but I was just wondering,for people replying to this thread, out of Liv Tyler or Natalie Portman, who do u think is prettier?

fini
i KNEW someone was going to say that eventually !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Princess_Leia
say what??say what???!!!!

Princess_Leia
If it's about me asking who's prettier, it's just something I've always wondered, them both being the leading ladies for the 2 biggest triliogys u no.

billyboyd4ever
i like liv tyler's beauty better that natalie portman. natalie portman has the kind of beauty that you see all the time, but liv tyler has this unique grace and beauty that surpasses so many of actresses.

Princess_Leia
yeh that's very true. Liv is very unique is her looks whereas Natalie is very conventionally pretty. I think she did look really beautiful in ep2 but in real life and her other films she isn't quite as good looking. I think Liv is gorgeous and i like people who are a bit different. I think I look just a little like her, no where near as pretty obviously but i have the long really dark hair and the same face shape and stuff. To be honest I think they're both beautiful and I'd love to look like either of them, they're both so different from each other you know, Liv's so dark and graceful and Natalie's so pretty and smart. Personality wise I like Liv more though. And I prefer Liv's on-screen boyfriend! give me Aragorn over whiny Anakin anyday!She seems nicer though and more down to earth whereas Natalie comes across snobby.

fini
someone asked for pics a while back?

fini
or others?

Hypernova
So people think that Liv Tyler was well cast as Arwen? rolling on floor laughing

I liked both their clothes. The "time" they were both wearing their clothes in made it fitting.

I like both actresses in their potrayal of their characters in the movie they stared in eek!

Did anyone notice how almost see-through Arwen's dress was in the Aragorn dream in TTT? whistle

Princess_Leia
Yeh, the langeray (can't spell it) dress! And then Padme had her dominatrix outfit too (the leather one), they are such sluts! big grin . I love Arwen's dream dress, it was so pretty! It was a lot different from the other dresses she wore, cause the rest were medevial style one but that one was, i dunno what style you'd say it was but it was different anyway.

Princess_Leia
And I do think Liv was well cast as Arwen, she did a great job and she really reminds me of an elf cause she has an unusual type of beauty. I don't think Natalie is quite as well cast, she does fit the role but I don't think she's really into it so she comes across quite bored in ep2 sometimes. She was good in the 1st one so i think it was the romance that threw her the most. She looked gorgeous though!

Kes
I think Natalie is perfect for it. She reminds me of Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) smile

Princess_Leia
yeh, in a way she actually is really good, I just think the romance thing put her off a bit and she just doesn't seem as into it as say Ewan or Hayden, like they look like they're having so much fun yet she looks a bit bored cause I don't think Star Wars is her kinda thing really, you get what I mean? I dunno if that makes sense to anyone but me but whatever! I still don't think Padme's as kick ass as Leia though!

SaTsuJiN
Well I think the reason she didnt seem into it was because of her role type : A noble queen gone senator that was very preserved in her ways, very unbiased and does what she has to do to get things accomplished. I suppose doing that your whole life would make you feel like a robot sometimes. Also being royal means you cant really let people in and treat you like a friend or they lose respect for you as thier superior

Kes
Well Leia was tough and a leader too but she was more casual. But then again her(Leia) clothes actually let her move around messed

Princess Leia>Nobody could be better then Princess Leia big grin

Tired Hiker
I thought Ep 1 and 2 were mis casted in general. Hayden and Natalie are were too big of stars to begin with and they are just so young it makes me feel like I'm watching a kid's movie. The original trilogy consisted of 'no names' practically as the lead characters, and I think that added to it's terrific fantasy elements. Lotr did a much better job of casting it's characters I think.

Tired Hiker
Look how luvly and how much fun she is having! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hypernova
Wasn't Hayden a "no-name"?

Kes
Well I knew who he was.
Also knew who the kid that play Anakin in the 1st was.

BackFire349
padme

Kes
Well aside from Orlando all the other actors were well known.

BackFire349
i never heard of viggo mortensin before lord of the rings (yes im aware i probably butchered his name) and i dont see what someones fame has to do with their ability to capture a part, if someone can play apart better then someone else, then teh part should go to them, regardless of fame or popularity.

Kes
Viggo has been around for a bit.
I agree, sometimes a no-name is way better then a star.

Hypernova
I've never heard of Hayden Christiansen or Jake Loyd before SW.

BackFire349
i know viggo has been around, but he was not a houshold name like he is now.

Kes
well he wasnt a huge star but I knew who he was.
Jake Loyd (sp) was in The pretender (a tv series) and in a movie with Gena Rowlands that I cant remember the name or story roll eyes (sarcastic)
Hayden was also in a tv series called Horisont (I think thats the name) and several other movies (1 of them being The virgins sucide)

BackFire349
never heard of hayden before ep. 2

Neo_Version 7
Life As A House with Kevin Klien

Didn't HAyden get nominated?

Kes
Nominated for what?If you mean Oscar,no.
He did get good reviews for that movie thou.

Ushgarak
He was on the shortlist but not nominated.

Princess_Leia
I get that the character of Padme has to be all stiff and royal and crap but I mean the actress herself just didn't seem as into it asthe others cause i think it just isnt her thing. I thought she was good in ep1 just ep2, for me it was the romance that dimmed her character for me, it could have been very good but they screwed it up and the two leads didnt have any chemistry,i felt anyway, and those parts i thought she seemed really uptight and awkward (and not cause of the character) cause she did say (Natalie) that kissing someone cause you're told to when u dont wanna makes her feel like a whore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.