Does Anakin have a Father??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Hible
I think he does and i think it was a Dark Jedi who left the jedi Order ans Shimi was a Sith Witch. They Left Coruscant for The Outer Rim and when they got there Space Pirates aboarded there ship and took Shimi away from him. He told here to tell no one of his existence or of him. then the Space Pirtaes go to Jabbas palce and give him Shimi who is pegnaunt at the time and she was sold to Graduala The Hutt while Anakin was a baby and then when Anakin gets to be 8 he loses the Pod Race and him and his mother are then sold to Watto its only a year untill TPM begins and yo asking what happened to Anakin father. My guess is he was bought to Darth Sidious and killed by Sidious's Force Lighting and is never heard from again. so Anakin had a father just Shimi lied to Qui Gon when she said he had no father. she lied to him. I hope this explans Anakins father existence. I know he did. I mean a kid without a father is liek saying his Mother was a Lesbo but she is not so Anakin had a father just never knew him thats all.

Ushgarak
Ok, that is the WEIRDEST idea I ever heard...

Shmi a Sith Witch? That is a hysterical idea... not only do they not exist in the films, Shmi doesn't show the slightest inclination towards that sort of thing.

Shmi's giving birth to Anakin is prefectly in concurrence with strong mythological themes of births from 'supernatural' sources-in this ca,se the source is the midi-chlorians, who areappparently tricky little chaps.

That is assuming Qui-Gon is right, of course, but its far more credible than that idea... dare I ask you to prove it?

Sith Witch... you'll be telling me that ship with 10,000 Jedi on was real next...

finti
Well the midi-chlorian bit is just as stupid.

Darth_Hible
I think he does and the whole Virgin Birth does not seem right ir makes Star Wars look like you dont need a Father to have a kid. I belive he does have Father.
anyone else?

Ushgarak
Anakin's situation is meant to be unique, you know. It's not a general rule.

Dim
I think GL might have done that so that he could make Qui Gon seem more fatherly to Anakin... plus it could work later if Anakin shows confusion or remorse about his unique birth.

JediOasis
We've already had then "I am your father" surprise, so I don't think we'll see another one. Anakin is the choosen one, Lucas has said so, and if the choosen one has no father, well, put 2 and 2 together.

Darth_Hible
Well he has a Father.

Darth Yameri
Yo im new here just wanted to say hi oh and i dont think he has a father dont know why just a feeling anyway laters and may the force be with you. smokin'

Darth_Hible
well i think he does and his father was a very very powerfull Jedimaster but was killed by Darth Sidious/Palpatine's Force Lighting or a duel with Darth Maul or maybe both. rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

DarthDoopey
Prove it!!!

Ushgarak
I think we can safely guarantee that neither Sidious nor Maul have actually gone up against the Jedi before TPM; hence the 'At Last' line from Maul.

Dim
I don't remember that line..I guess I"ll have to go dig out my copy of TPM.

darth fester
maybe he was a test tube baby
hahahahaha

Dim
Do they have test tube babies in SW?

ratcat
In that case, do you think he feels like he's gone back to the womb when he puts the suit on???

Dim
Eh, I doubt it..he's not a test tube baby.

ratcat
You don't know that....

Maybe Shmi was knocked out and implanted......

Dim
I don't think that's in the prophecy..

ratcat
We have no idea what is in the prophesy. Only a few words from Mace/Yoda.

finti
Well I like the idea of Anakin being a test tube baby. Maybe Shmi increased her value by having a baby. She just accepted the fact that she is a slave, and with a kid you increase your own value and get a better life as a slave.(not that there can be any kind off good life being a slave, but I think you all get my point here)

ratcat
I wonder if the idea of genetic experiments and artificial implanting of the experimental fetus into women might be used.

ChelsiJediKnight
Well honestly I believe he doesn't have a father. I believe that Lucas was using Anakin as a symbol of freedom in the film. Even though he does turn to Darth Vader, he still becomes good in Return of the Jedi. Remember Anakin's dream he told Jinn about. Well I believe that Lucas was thinking of Jesus. You know, a deliverer. Not saying Anakin is Christ and all, but the idea that in many ways Anakin saves many lives. So the only father he would have would have to be the power of the force, the chosen one.
rolling on floor laughing smokin' rolling on floor laughing

Dim
Yeah I agree. I think Lucas wanted something "other worldly". I don't think he's going to produce a daddy for Anakin. He wants something that goes beyond ration.. Unfortunately I think that he might have be a bit insecure with the whole situation and that's why he came up with the midis.

ratcat
I don't know if any of you are reading the New Jedi Order series, but they appear to be gradually introducing a Galactic biological reasoning behind the Force that may re-introduce the MCs into SW EU.

Jay-Sherman
I would prefer for AS to have a father, anything to draw away from that midi-chlorians/virgin birth bullshit but I doubt Lucas has the sense, maybe he's trying to set up another 'I am your father' scenario.

Ushgarak
It is not a Virgin Birth scenario! With the MCs being the Will of the Force this is simply following a mythological base for a chosen one as you would find in any number of Greek or Roman legends; Anakin is the equivalent of the child of the Gods. Not a Christian influence in sight!

I think it works a lot better this way; as a child of the Force it explains the extreme power of the Skywalkers.

Jay-Sherman
I still see the midi chlorians as George Lucas's failed attempt to explain the force to a spiritually dead audience, Anikin could still be the chosen one without having been 'conceived by the midi chlorians' in fact that makes him the created one not the chosen one.

yerssot
But the MC have still CHOSEN him, how could you explain otherwise that a non-Forcer (Shmi, => doesn't know the truth behind Annies quick reflexes) can give birth to someone with the highest MC-count in history? confused

finti
He can inherit the force from his father. I guess Padme aint to strong with the force but Luke is. Kind off a little of the same problem there yerssot.

yerssot
The Force can't be inherrited, why would they run along with that MC-reader if they can see how strong the perrants are?
So in principal the whole Yoda-clan is strong with the Force, but none of them sits in the JediCouncil (Yaddle isn't from the same family). What do you think?

Bragg2012
"the force runs strong in your family" as yoda said, this gives us the idea that they can be inherited in some ways, but shimi wasnt force attuned?? so.. because anakin sprouted from the force then he is the beggining of force attuned people in his family and this is passed down to luke and leia roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
Got me there. (damn Yoda!)
But ... it can mean also that after Annakin, Luke was also a good Force-user and that his sister wasn't that bad + here children were also talented

Ushgarak
Surely if Force-talent was normally inherited there would be far more Jedi than there are? I feel the Skywalkers are an exception here.

"The Emperor knew that if Skywalker were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him..."

Why? Just because they would want revenge? Doubtful. The reason he feared Anakin's off-spring more than the children of, say, on of the Council members, is because he knew the Skywalkers were unique.

ratcat
In the EU, *Watches Ush shudder* the Force is an inheritable trait.

Jaina, Jacen & Anakin and Corran Horn all spring to mind. True that the Solo children are of the Skywalker line but Horn isn't.

OBI-WAN1

Dim
Back to Padme..Some spy reports say that there is a scene with her and Yoda after the assasination attempt where Yoda actually does say something about the force being strong with her.. So apparently it's not just a Skywalker trait.

On the topic of Anakin's father. It's already been established that Shmi doesn't know what happened. I think it should be left as a mystery.. Not everything should be explained.

finti
No everything shouldnt be explained, just like some other book they cant explain. And since they can explain it , lets make a religion of it you cant prove it`s right nor can you prove it`s wrong. I think GL should go a little easy on this MC, "virgin birth" thing/conceived by MC , even though this idea is chared by many mythologies, it still is just to weird of a happening.

darthyogi
There's no reason to assume that Shmi wasn't force attuned, is there? I mean, Yoda states that if Luke were to fail against the Emperor, there was another (presumably Leia) and she had no idea of her potential. Maybe some people carry the potential without it ever being realised? Or maybe by the time they're found, they're too old to start the training.
So, maybe the force does follow a family line (the Skywalker line) and maybe Shmi is sold in/by EPII by Watto to a group of people who, having heard of the exploits and repute of Anakin, have tracked her down and wish to 'experiment' on her to see if that line can be tempered.
My guess is that Shmi is bought from Watto (who, let's face it, needs the money now) by a group of investigators working on the Clone Armies who want to see if they can assertain from her why Anakin is so powerful and then genetically engineer Anakin's potential / power for their own troops. In the process Shmi is killed or assassinated by rivals who see threat of these investigations. On learning of his mothers death, Anakin investigates, uncovering a ghoulish sounding plot to build Clone Warriors, crusades against it and, low and behold, finds that the Jedi Council have been secretly funding / supporting the venture in recognition of the rising threat from Droid armies being build by Sideous.
Anakin's reaction is obvious - it was Jedi-Cloning that lead to his mothers death, the Jedi who supported the Cloning, so he's none too pleased. Instant reason to join the Dark Side, perhaps?

yerssot
I think that experimenting on Shmi is a rumor. I heard that from the day TPM came out, BEFORE GL even begin making a script for EP II

sand person no. 10
it may just be rumour, how would people know that Shmi was Anakins mother anyway, since ob1 doesn't know and i can't see anakin going around telling people who and where she lives.

i think it was a bit cheesy to say that he had no father, isn't there already somebody with that claim to fame, it would have been a bit obvious to say that his father was a sith or a Jedi (it better not be palpatine) and a bit boring for the father to be some random person. I suppose either way Lucas couldn't win. Although I don't think he does have a father, shame though i think it would have been more interesting if he did though although quite his background would have been?

Ushgarak
I rather think Obi-Wan DOES know that Shmi is Anakin's mother. Even if QGJ didn't tell him, Padme knows, Jar-Jar knows, and, rather more to the point, Anakin knows and has been Obi-Wan's apprentice for ten years by Ep. II.

sand person no. 10
I can't see the jedi being involved in cloning, it is after all an elite club, but if you're right about the shmi experiments maybe its one of the jedi who kill shmi, because of her risk either by accident or intent, should say that gives anakin a reason to turn

queeq
Agree. Sounds rather dumb if OB1 didn't know that. Besides, the point of Anakin's thoughts dwelling on his mother by the JC, also indicated his weak point. OB1 was there at the JC. He knew he had a mother, he knew this is where Anakin's weakness lay, I bet he found out who she was. He knew she lived on Tatooine as well.

yerssot
When Ki-Adi-Mundi said that his thoughts dwell on his mother, that was when he was tested, OB1 and QGJ stood outside and couldn't here a thing.

queeq
Oh, you're right. Sorry.

But I'm sure Yoda informed OB1 about the critical elements in Anakin's training. Why else have a test and not reveqal the results to the Master that gets to train the student?

Anyway, why would Shmi be a secret to OB1?

yerssot
maybe not OB1 but if you watch QGJ in TPM (d'euh! he is not in IV,V or VI) you see that he takes special cares for Shmi, what happend if he took Shmi to Coruscant?

darthyogi
Maybe Jar Jar let's it slip about Anakin's home-life and the location of his mother. It's the sort of thing I can well imagine Jar Jar being tricked into revealling in all innocence, and could well be the 'mistake' he's rumoured to make that starts the conflict in EpII.

Jameous Woodshire
Maybe, but I thought the 'mistake' was he cast the deciding vote to make Palpy the Emperor.

Or he casts the vote to alow the Clone troopers. (more likely) wink

yerssot
Yeah! You know that in any well made movie every scene counts. What did JarJar do? I mean, the only thing he did was going to Boss Nass and I think without him Amidala would have done still the same, so he must do somethting stupid or somesort that will influence the whole galaxy

rammsteincia2
the midichlorians dont explain athing. schmi said that there was no father, but she was just saying that there was no one to take care of him except her. she nor did anyone else in the sixilogy said that there wwas absolutley no father. she thinks that if a man didnt take care of ani, then ther was no father.

Cipher
Anakin was conceived by the Force, that's explained in Ep. 1.
He has no biological father, that would be a mythical virgin birth.
Its not complicated......

Mace Skywalker
Thank you.

k-driver
I think Anakin born without a father.

darthbabb
There was no father, that I know
of,I carried him, I gave him
birth, I can't explain what
happened. Can you help him? said shmi she would not be lying jin would have sensed it.

darthbabb
Anikin was conceved by the force thats why his medichloian count is so high!

cylob49
I always thought something was up with Shmi
Just after the Midichlorian count scene she looks kind of guilty
and having the Maul music in the background to this adds a sinister effect to the scene.
I thought itd mean something......but i guess not now.

OB1-adobe
Darth Hible? South Carolina? shifty
I smell a shadow, and it smells super.

Sith Master X
lol

Boris
Those type of smells only hale from North Carolina, and they sure do think lol laughing

Clai Keboa
Come on people - He's Jesus!!

GL said himself he wondered what a "Jesus gone bad" would be like. It's so obvious that he has used the imaculate conception concept to give Anakin more a Godly feel which will make his desent into the Darkside more tragic. He was a saviour, the chosen one, the one who will bring balance back to the force!. Look at it this way Ep1,2,3 The first coming - Ep4,5,6 The second coming. It's just like Jesus Christ story, plain and simple.

And b4 anyones says it i am not a bible basher - ok

+ there is already a thread on this subject

Jedi Priestess
thats a bit of a stretch I think huh

Clai Keboa
A bit of a stretch?? nah how can you say that's a stretch - it could be applied to all the SW universe.

There would be no reason for Anakin to have a (biological) father. The Force is his Father, just like God was Jesus' father.

Anakin was the original, but Luke was the second coming.

I really dont want to get into a religious discussion, but it's just my opinon smile

MornGlory
he has a father - watch Ep I again

Clai Keboa
he has a father in ep1???

when? i never knew that

Morridini
No he has no father. U watch Episode 1 again.

Jackie Malfoy
mad I hate it that they did this whole christen thing saying that Sami is like the mother mary.And she just happen to give birth without having a relationship with a man.
To me it is very uncreative and stupid.Why can't GL think of something else beside that?It would be cool if the father was a bad guy and got killed or something.
It was very disapointing I can tell you that.And as a fan I am so mad I am going to start talking mad. mad See you around.JM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.