sweet luv

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
anyone knows if there's going to be some romance in the new movie, other than anakins relationship? jar jar and jill jill perhaps?

Ushgarak
Ho ho!

Doubtful, unless the love traingle plot comes in. Mind you, as the Anakin/Padme thing is the core of the film, we're going to get enough of it.

Dim
Actually Beru and Owen should be rather cute in Ep2.

queeq
Oh yes. Will they kiss? I guess that's really going to be the clincher of epII.

Dim
Who?, Beru and Owen?...Hardly..but they could be a nice little echo of Padme and Anakin.

Jameous Woodshire
Yes they should be good together. Beru is very cute, and Owen looks just like the elder one.

That should make for some cool scenes. big grin

darth fester
i think they should cut the romance
and have more fights

yeah like everyone turns on jar jar and rips his stupid arms and ears off

and maybe sebulba can stick them in his pod racers engines and burn them

yeah yeah cool cool

Dim
If GL gets rid of the romances then who cares about the stinkin fights.

darth fester
me i care less love more fights

fight fight fight evil face evil face evil face

Jameous Woodshire
When I was young I hated a the 'mushy' stuff but now I like the romance between Han and Leia. It is a great contrast to all the things that are happening around them.

But that 'Are you an Angel?' line from TPM, Geeeze! roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
YES I hate that line too, whaen I first heard it I thought what a lousy actor..

jedi212guy
But is there such thing as a great 9-year-old actor anyway? McCully Culkin in Home Alone didn't win an Academy Award, either. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jameous Woodshire
I liked that kid from Sixth Sence.
"I see dead people" eek!

I wish he got the role instead. But whats done is done.

Ushgarak
Jake Lloys is a good actor; he just got given lousy lines. He did exactly what he was asked to do.

I thought the "I was wandering- what ARE midichlorians" was far worse... crap line to start with, and not well delivered...

DIm is right though. The whole POINT of this film is the romance. Yet all the rumours are about fights, planets, wars... you want a continuous fight, wathc a Jackie Chan film (I may well do that...). But this film will lose it's heart without the romance... which everyone ignores.

To DIM you listen!

Darth Pants
Yes but it is Star WARS. I personally like the more sensitive scenes, which was what TPM was lacking in (or at least the ones it showed were a bit awkward and unconvincing). However, I'm also a huge fan of the fights and action scenes, and let's face it, such a fantasy setting lends itself more to those than the romantic scenes. It's the lightsabre battle which has those wear and tear lines across the screen from repeat watching (come on DVD!), the Anakin and Padme scenes are crystal clear.

Ushgarak
Well, they were harldy inspiring in TPM.

Oh, obvious the sabre fights are the best bits, but they are useless without the spine, which in this case is the love story.

Darth Pants
True, true. I my fight-loving self was worried Episode 2 would turn out to be a huge fight scene, especially considering Nick Gillard's quest to find hundreds of Jedi. It will be the love story that stands a chance of making episode 2 a five star film, no matter how good the effects or quality of the action, it needs that touch of humanity to raise it above the action film level. Quite why everyone raved about the Matrix, I do not know. OK, plot, fights and effects were good, but it tried too hard to be cool, without a hint of compassion. TPM came off as cool anyway.

Ushgarak
I finally find another TPM defender and he doesn't like the Matrix either... oh well..

I LIKED that harsh edge. I'm not sure which film I prefer, though.

finti
good actors make lousy line work, and once again I agree with Jameous, the sixt senc e guy was brilliant.

Ushgarak
Actually, no, some parts and lines ruin the absolute best.

Dim
Actually, I thought the Sixth Sense was lacking...but that's another debate. As for the Ep2 fighting...It seems like that might help to make the Ep2 romance more Epic-like..as the background for the romance. I'm hoping that anyway.

Ushgarak
Me too... th whole thing needs breathing space, though, and I'm still worried cramming the story into two episodes will be difficult.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.