KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Sagat

Respect Sagat
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Respect Sagat

All Hail the Emperor of Muay Thai!

Sagat holds a special place in the pantheon of videogame characters for being the first of two characters (the other being Adon) to use Muay Thai as a fighting style.

Me, personally, I enjoy using him as he is powerful and in the right hands, he is unstoppable. Repeated Tiger Blows in the corner makes people mad in Alpha 3.

Capcom should at least give him some new sprites instead or recycling them from past games. Eventhough SvC Chaos blew, the SNK Sagat looked pretty cool.

Birthdate: July 2, 1956 (51 years old, as if Capcom gives a damn about birthdates)
Height: 226 cm (7'5")
Weight: 109 kg (240 lbs.)
3 sizes: B140 W87 H95 (in ft., B4.6 W2.9 H3.1)
Hair: None.
Eyes: White
Dislikes: Shoryuken (Gee, I wonder why)
Street Fighter Rivals: Ryu, Dan, Adon
SNK Rivals: King, Joe
Blood Type: B
Nationality: Thai
Fighting Style: Muay Thai
Special Talents: Freediving, can hold breath underwater for 20 minutes

Sagat won the title of Emperor/God of Muay Thai from Nuah Kahn as a teenager, and became a national hero in Thailand. He defended his title from a fighter named Go Hibiki, in a match that cost Sagat the use of his right eye, and cost Go his life. Go's son, Dan, swore revenge on Sagat.

Sagat trained Adon, and held the first World Warrior tournament to prove that he was not only the strongest Muay Thai kickboxer, but the strongest fighter in the world. Only one fighter managed to reach Sagat: a young martial artist named Ryu. Initially, Sagat was able to pin Ryu, and was sure that he was the winner of the match. However, Ryu became desperate to win the fight and was consumed by the Satsui no Hadou and executed the Metsushoryuken, grievously wounding Sagat and leaving a massive scar across his chest. Because of this event, Sagat has sworn revenge on Ryu.

During the alpha series, Adon mocked his teacher for losing to Ryu and challenged him for the title of God of Muay Thai. His rage blinded him, and Sagat lost to Adon, but not before beating the younger man so hard that he would be in traction for four months. Consumed with rage and hatred, Sagat eagerly joined the criminal organization known as Shadoloo. M. Bison had offered him Shadoloo resources to find Ryu and provide Sagat with a rematch. Sagat's nearly indomitable power provided him with the position of Bison's personal bodyguard, one of the feared Shitenno (Four Heavenly Kings of Shadoloo).

During his tenure in Shadoloo, Sagat encountered Dan, now an adult seeking revenge for his father's death in the fight with Sagat. Sagat realized how anger can make people do things they regret, so he purposely lost the fight (Although Dan doesn't believe that he did), which allowed Dan to defeat him and satisfy his anger.

Sagat realized that his scar was a result of the killing intent which possessed Ryu called the Satsui no Hadou. Finally understanding that true rivals should not be blinded by rage and hatred, nor be seduced by it, and realizing Bison's real intentions, Sagat left Shadoloo.

However, when Sagat tendered his resignation, Bison presented him with a brainwashed Ryu, and told Sagat he could have the rematch he always wanted. Despite Sagat's disappointment with fighting a corrupted opponent, Sagat still fought Ryu. To break Bison's mind control, he implored to Ryu that a true warrior would not give in to such treachery. Ryu awakened from Bison's control and, rejecting the Satsui no Hadou, drove Bison off. Sagat finally realized that rivalries must have their limits.

Attachment: sagat-altstance-blue.gif
This has been downloaded 226 time(s).

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2007 06:01 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Cool, Sagat.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2007 07:19 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

(please log in to view the image)

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 06:40 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

He has hair? And Sagat would destroy Devil Jin.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 06:42 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

A look at the Emperor over the years.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Oct 15th, 2007 at 06:51 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 06:46 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Laugh

at the third pick of him with hair i was shouting "PEDOPHILE!!" stick out tongue
Sagat is a sexual predator and a childmolester.

~Sado

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 06:59 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I don't think a 7 foot monster can even reach his ankles, much less anyone shorter than his shins...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 10:30 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sagat= most badass video game fighter. Period.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 03:45 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

laughing Cool
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Is that when he killed Dan's pop?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 03:46 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 12:16 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sagat, the original steroid enhanced fighting game character. Cool.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 12:21 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ozone
You need me to live.

Sagat is my favorite male Street Fighter character.

He's so cool.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 12:31 AM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Sagat= most badass video game fighter. Period.

LMAO!

Originally posted by Snafu the Great

Cute. happy

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 03:23 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Is Joe really one of Sagat's SNK rivals?

I find him inferior to Sagat.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 03:29 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Bliss-ed Sagat

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 03:51 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Boring.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 03:51 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
Is Joe really one of Sagat's SNK rivals?

I find him inferior to Sagat.
I do to. I doubt Joe was one of his rivals because Joe is rivals w/Dan. Next time I play I'll make sure

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 07:06 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

King is more of a rival to Sagat than Joe is.

Joe wouldn't stand a chance against Sagat.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 07:15 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ozone
You need me to live.

Of course he wouldn't.

Sagat would pummel Joe to a pulp.

Joe would be better off fighting Adon.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 06:26 AM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

According to Super Sado "If Sagat can be beaten by a screaming queer like Adon he'll lose to everone else lolololololololololol."

So maybe Joe would be better off fighting Sagat in the end.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 03:24 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote