KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Mega Man

Mega Man
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Mega Man

Mega Man will blast a hole in you, use your face for toilet paper, and then take your powers, too! I've been playing these games since I was 8 years old and still love them as much as ever.

(please log in to view the image)

Mega Man, known as Rockman in Japan, is a video game character created by Keiji Inafune and is the title character of what has been referred to as the "Classic" Mega Man series developed by Capcom since 1987. Since then, he has become one of the company's primary original characters and continues to be one of the video game industry's most recognizable icons. Having appeared on nearly every gaming console and handheld system since the Nintendo Entertainment System, Mega Man has always had a wide gaming audience, and his games continue to evolve with the ever-changing hardware demands of modern gaming systems. Mega Man's fiction universe can be divded into seven categories, each featuring different variations and incarnations of the same robotic boy hero, Although Mega Man or Rock Man is usually the name used to describe solely the original Mega Man from the classic series, it can also be used less specifically to describe Mega Man (Series)of fictional works, or the group of adherently named main characters within.

Several spin-off series have emerged over the past few years, each one continuing the Mega Man mythos in some unique way, including but not limited to the Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Battle Network and Mega Man Star Force series. A resulting animated series was also produced originally in the United States, as well as a number of toys, comics, and collectibles available both in and outside of Japan.

Mega Man's role in the original story aka the classic series, was to battle the forces of the mad scientist Dr. Wily and his ever-growing army of robots, and must stop them from taking over the planet by using their own special abilities against them. Utilizing his special Mega Buster arm cannon, and his ability to copy a defeated robot's coding, Mega Man must travel the world and traverse harsh environments in order to bring Wily's menace to an end. With the help of his good-hearted creator Dr. Light and his assorted robotic companions, Mega Man's eventual goal is to one day achieve "everlasting peace".

Mega Man's original Japanese name, "Rockman", is a reference to the music genre rock and roll, and is meant to work in tandem with his "sister" robot, Roll. Such music-themed naming conventions are present in a number of Keiji Inafune's other character designs, such as Blues. In addition, the original Mega Man titles intentionally incorporated a "Rock, Paper, Scissors" game play mechanic into defeating certain enemies. His name was changed to "Mega Man" for the U.S. release because the word "Rock" was a slang for crack cocaine, which was prevalent at that time. In parts of the English speaking world, some people call Mega Man "The Blue Bomber" because of his blue armor and powerful fighting skills.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 01:15 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mega Man would WTFpwn Samus Aran.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 01:40 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Yes, he would. Then he'd slip her a Rohypnol.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 02:00 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Really? Well, I'm not so sure of that. I personally think he'd prevail over Samus though.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 02:01 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

My favorite Mega Man game is still part 2. I can beat all 8 stages, not including Dr. Wiley's lair, in under 20 minutes.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 10:27 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sweet dude. I love classic Capcom games by the way.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 10:31 PM
Impediment
Endless

One of my favorite stages: Woodman

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 10:09 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shin_gear
Mega Man would WTFpwn Samus Aran.

Depends on what Megaman we are talking about. I doubt Rock can defeat Samus but X would win.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 04:18 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I dunno. Rock can hold his own, if you ask me. X, of course, has the edge, though.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 05:39 PM
Sonic x 20
Unleash The Speed Within

I have mad respect for the classic Blue Bomber. cool cool

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 03:33 AM
Sonic x 20 is currently offline Click here to Send Sonic x 20 a Private Message Find more posts by Sonic x 20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mega Man WOULD WTFpwn Samus Aran, dewds.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 04:05 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Megaman classic is the best, I have all of the old MM games up to 7, they where such great games, with great music, I even made a respect Dr.Wily thread, thats how much I like the Classic MM.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 11:11 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sonic x 20
Unleash The Speed Within

Here's another really cool pic of the Blue Bomber: cool cool

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 10:43 PM
Sonic x 20 is currently offline Click here to Send Sonic x 20 a Private Message Find more posts by Sonic x 20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

cool.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 10:44 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Shenron
Restricted

Account Restricted

cool yes cool

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 02:49 AM
Dark Shenron is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Shenron a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Shenron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Go Megaman, fight for ever lasting peace.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 03:20 PM
Sonic x 20
Unleash The Speed Within

Here's another really cool pic of Mega Man along with mostly the whole original cast along with him too: cool cool

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 10:50 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Are all 68 robot masters on there.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 11:01 PM
Sonic x 20
Unleash The Speed Within

I'm not sure if all of them are on it, it might be all the ones from Megaman 1 to Megaman 6 I think.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 11:06 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I think you are correct.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 11:07 PM