KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » LSSJ Broly vs Teen Gohan SSJ2

LSSJ Broly vs Teen Gohan SSJ2
Started by: AlbertoJohnAvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

LSSJ Broly vs Teen Gohan SSJ2

who wins

Old Post Oct 1st, 2020 04:19 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

LSSJ is overkill. Base Broly crushes him.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2020 04:43 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Which Broly?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2020 04:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Not even sure it matters, non canon Broly could probably take SSJ2 Teen Gohan.

He just walked through that point blank Kamehameha that blasted off Cell's top. Both were depowered, but there's a pretty clear durability difference.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2020 05:12 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Not even sure it matters, non canon Broly could probably take SSJ2 Teen Gohan.

He just walked through that point blank Kamehameha that blasted off Cell's top. Both were depowered, but there's a pretty clear durability difference.

SSJ2 Gohan destroyed Super Bojack, though.

And movie continuity makes it clear each next villain was more powerful than the previous one.

So it's most likely like this:

Second Coming Broly > SSJ2 Gohan > Super Bojack > Original Broly

Old Post Oct 1st, 2020 05:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

If it's Movie 8 Broly, Gohan wins. If it's Movie 10 Broly, Gohan probably loses after a very close fight.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:27 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Gohan in Movie 10 didn't neglect his training like in the anime/manga continuity, if memory serves.

And from the film sketches, he was very much meant to be SSJ2, it's just that TOEI hates the ssj2 transformation for some reason.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/82/c...ca7e6d403d0.jpg

Of course, people are still debating it to this day, same as Gohan/Dabura fight.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 12:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He didn't neglect his training in the movies? I always assumed he had(just like in the 'mainstream' timeline.) /shrug

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 01:00 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
He didn't neglect his training in the movies? I always assumed he had(just like in the 'mainstream' timeline.) /shrug

I'd need to rewatch Second Coming and compare dub with subs (neither of the Broly sequels appealed to me much, so my memory is spotty on them).

But it was one of the major differences, iirc.

Here, from kanzenshuu:

quote:
How is Super Perfect Cell stronger than Broly second coming, if Broly from movie 8 is as strong as Perfect Cell? you should know that Broly second coming got a zenkai boost, him being less stronger than Super Perfect Cell makes 0 sense.

Movie 8 Broly >> Perfect Cell or at least = to Perfect Cell
Movie 10 Broly >> SSJ2 Gohan (note: Gohan isn't nerfed in movie 10 so his SSJ2 should be good enough)

(please log in to view the image)

Source: https://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/vi...amp;start=30840

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 01:17 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, he really does say that.

Around 34m00s.

He's as bad a monster as ever! And here I'm supposed to have powered up considerably since back then!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 01:25 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I'd need to rewatch Second Coming and compare dub with subs (neither of the Broly sequels appealed to me much, so my memory is spotty on them).

But it was one of the major differences, iirc.

Here, from kanzenshuu:

(please log in to view the image)

Source: https://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/vi...amp;start=30840
thumb up

That is legit. I just checked my copy of the Jap dub:
https://ibb.co/pfXz9kk
https://ibb.co/CzkCSnY

I guess I never realized(or if I did, I forgot all about it), because the line was removed from the English dub.

So like you said: that means Movie 10(Boo era) Gohan > Movie 8/9(Cell era) Gohan. So in that case, M10 Broly would obviously stomp Cell-era Gohan comfortably.

*And yes, I definitely believe that Gohan was using SS2 against Broly(and Dabura for that matter), because there would have been absolutely NO reason for him to hold back a vast amount of his power against either of them.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 2nd, 2020 at 01:32 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 01:30 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

because there would have been absolutely NO reason for him to hold back a vast amount of his power against either of them.

Exactly.

It wasn't some test or sparring... and it's just not Gohan's style to limit himself just to make fights more challenging/fun.

He's not Goku, lol.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 02:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yep. thumb up

When Gohan fought Broly, he was the only one on earth capable of doing anything at all against him(Goku was dead at the time, and Vegeta was logically weaker than him), and he still got stomped... Gohan isn't a dipshit, and certainly wouldn't have held back a transformation that could have doubled his power for the lulz, given that the earth's survival was at stake.

With Dabura it's even more obvious that he was logically using SS2, but I won't get into that here...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 02:40 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Toei complicated everything by randomly adding lightning/sparks to non-ssj2 transformations and forgetting about them during some ssj2 scenes.

Toriyama is not without his own fault, of course, but he remembered about those damn sparks most of the time, at least.

--
Anyway, we agree that only M8 Broly loses this match.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 03:10 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

I understand zenkais are unique to Saiyans, but I never got why some of the characters (mainly during the Namek arc) were so surprised by the fact that their powers increase with training and fighting.

Like, didn't their own powers also increase with training and fighting? confused

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 04:33 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Dodoria and Zarbon thought that Vegeta increasing his PL from 18,000 to 24,000 was impossible.

So while I'm sure most of the B cast back then could increase their PLs to some extent with intensive training, they evidently couldn't increase by *that* much. Hence them being blown away by relatively mediocre Saiyan zenkai boosts.

*I'm not including DBS examples, because it seems like everyone of note has leveled up to at least God-tier power for literally no reason at all.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 05:19 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Through out the entirety of early dragon ball, 6 years of training on got goku a couple hundred pl points.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 06:05 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

*I'm not including DBS examples, because it seems like everyone of note has leveled up to at least God-tier power for literally no reason at all.

laughing out loud

Seriously, yeah.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 07:37 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I guess future Trunks in the DBS flashback was also SSJ2 against Babidi and Dabura, just they didnt show the sparks because of Toei inconsistency as pointed out. But yeah.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 11:05 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

We actually see in the manga the point Trunks goes ssj2 against Dabura. So, the manga is always consistent with the ssj2 people having the lightning aura.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 11:49 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote