KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » MUI Goku vs SSJ Blue Gogeta

MUI Goku vs SSJ Blue Gogeta
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

MUI Goku vs SSJ Blue Gogeta

Current Goku takes on the Gogeta from the Broly movie.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2021 03:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

There's no such thing as MUI --- and if there is, then only Grand Minister has it.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2021 05:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Current MUI absolutely stomps. A Moro who was even more powerful than Broly (who required SSJB Gogeta’s full power to defeat) broke his arm just trying to punch current MUI Goku.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 09:59 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Goku. MUI is just that good.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2021 12:33 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

have opinions changed on this since the toyotarou interview?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2021 01:29 AM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Depends how much stock you put into Uchida's statement that Broly > current Goku. /shrug

That being said, Goku 'leveling-up' to a point where he has surpassed SSB Gogeta in the space of 2 arcs also seems like a bit of a stretch(though obviously not out of the question.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2021 02:36 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
have opinions changed on this since the toyotarou interview?

What did he say?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2021 08:15 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Inedian
What did he say?
When Toyotaro was having a interview with his Editor they talked about who Gokou still has to pass in power the Editor mentioned Beerus, Whis, and Broly as being stronger. While Toyotaro mentioned Beerus, Whis, and Grand Priest.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2021 02:18 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up
Originally posted by Galan007
The interviewer is who mentioned Broly's name when Toyotaro was having a hard time coming up with beings more powerful than Goku during the interview. Toyotaro himself only directly mentions Beerus, Whis, and the Grand Priest among those currently above Goku.

A few things worth mentioning, though:

-The interviewer(Victory Uchida) is also one of the main editors of V-Jump and the DBS manga... So at least he isn't just some random joe. His statements should certainly hold some validity/authority(though obviously not to the same extent as Tori or Toyo.)

-Toyotaro didn't question or disagree with Uchida bringing up Broly as one of the beings more powerful than Goku.

-An image of Broly was specifically placed in the video during the segment where they are talking about characters more powerful than Goku:
https://ibb.co/XbXgq6g

That said, as far as irrefutable canon is concerned: Beerus, Whis, and GP are the only being who are undoubtedly above Goku, as they were all explicitly mentioned by Toyotaro himself... Which many of us had assumed anyway, so not much of a shock there.

...But given the above, I'd say it's still very likely that Broly is above Goku as well. That is to say: I won't at all be surprised if/when Broly is irrefutably elevated to that status in future chapters. I don't think it's a coincidence that an editor of the series just happened to name-drop him there. /shrug

Old Post Aug 31st, 2021 05:43 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Thanks to both of you

There was no doubt about Beerus anyway, but i am glad that Broly is still more powerful... Broly is a beast, raw power which Goku still shouldn't reach yet. He is a beast.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 02:49 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marikina

Uchida was the one who brought Broly and in his own words he has almost no creative power or influence in the story compared to Toyo and Toriyama. Since Toyo wrote Granolah, Goku, and Vegeta as being the top 3 mortals in the universe, that means they are stronger than Broly.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2021 11:33 AM
Marikina is currently offline Click here to Send Marikina a Private Message Find more posts by Marikina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Originally posted by Marikina
Uchida was the one who brought Broly and in his own words he has almost no creative power or influence in the story compared to Toyo and Toriyama. Since Toyo wrote Granolah, Goku, and Vegeta as being the top 3 mortals in the universe, that means they are stronger than Broly.

Broly still destroys Goku. He would just overwhelm him.

Last edited by Inedian on Sep 5th, 2021 at 06:40 AM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 06:36 AM
Marikina

Originally posted by Inedian
Broly still destroys Goku. He would just overwhelm him.

Broly's shown he has his limits, he'll just as soon hit a wall rather than get strong enough to overwhelm current Goku.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 03:21 PM
Marikina is currently offline Click here to Send Marikina a Private Message Find more posts by Marikina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It really doesn't make much sense for current Goku to be above Broly, as that would mean he is now on par with SSB Gogeta, at the very least. MUI or not, that is an absolutely tremendous powerup to achieve in the span of less than 2 arcs. I detailed why here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...84#post17474984

However, Goku did note that Moro73 was the toughest opponent he'd ever faced up to that point(implying that Moro73 > Broly.) And just after the Moro arc, Whis stated that Goku and Vegeta were the strongest beings in U7 that he was aware of -- implying that even Moro arc Vegeta > Broly, which makes even less sense.

All of that being said, over the course of like 2 hours, Broly went from being weaker than BASE Vegeta, to forcing even SSB Gogeta to use his most powerful attack to put him down... And there was absolutely no indication that Broly's power had plateau'd -- he just continued growing more powerful the entire time. His exponential zenkais are far beyond anything we've ever seen in the lore.

So I'm fairly confident that when we see Broly again, he will be above Goku. But as of now, Beerus, Whis, and GP are the only beings referenced by Toyo who are irrefutably above him.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 04:44 PM
Marikina

Originally posted by Galan007
It really doesn't make much sense for current Goku to be above Broly, as that would mean he is now on par with SSB Gogeta, at the very least. MUI or not, that is an absolutely tremendous powerup to achieve in the span of less than 2 arcs. I detailed why here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...84#post17474984

However, Goku did note that Moro73 was the toughest opponent he'd ever faced up to that point(implying that Moro73 > Broly.) And just after the Moro arc, Whis stated that Goku and Vegeta were the strongest beings in U7 that he was aware of -- implying that even Moro arc Vegeta > Broly, which makes even less sense.

All of that being said, over the course of like 2 hours, Broly went from being weaker than BASE Vegeta, to forcing even SSB Gogeta to use his most powerful attack to put him down... And there was absolutely no indication that Broly's power had plateau'd -- he just continued growing more powerful the entire time. His exponential zenkais are far beyond anything we've ever seen in the lore.

So I'm fairly confident that when we see Broly again, he will be above Goku. But as of now, Beerus, Whis, and GP are the only beings referenced by Toyo who are irrefutably above him.

A current version of Goku surpassing his fusion from a previous arc already has a precedent: BoG SSG Goku was stronger than a BoG fusion, which meant the former was stronger than a Buu saga fusion.

Whis wasn't referring to Moro arc Vegeta, he made that comment while Vegeta was already doing his Destruction training.

By "plateau" I meant Broly only adapts to his opponent's power up to a certain point then he needs transformations to get even stronger, and those often need a trigger of some sort.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2021 03:20 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A current version of Goku surpassing his fusion from a previous arc already has a precedent: BoG SSG Goku was stronger than a BoG fusion, which meant the former was stronger than a Buu saga fusion.
It's a bit different, though.

In this case, an argument could be made that BASE Gogeta was already on par with SSB Goku... But by the end of the film, it required SSB Gogeta's full power Kamehameha to defeat Broly... Indicating that Broly was thousands upon thousands of times more powerful than SSB Goku, as of the film.

Not saying it's out of the question for Goku's power to have increased that much between the Broly and Moro arcs(dumber things have happened), but that's... One helluva multiplier for MUI, if true.

Whis wasn't referring to Moro arc Vegeta, he made that comment while Vegeta was already doing his Destruction training.
Vegeta's training under Beerus had literally *just* began -- he couldn't even use any destruction techniques at that point. Right before Whis made that statement, for example, Vegeta was unable to Hakai a small rock:
https://ibb.co/1X6dx9p
https://ibb.co/nc38Jpb

Whereas Goku, with absolutely NO training from Beerus, was able to use [albeit imperfect] destruction techniques to a far greater extent back in the Zamasu arc:
https://ibb.co/bXpZM4h
https://ibb.co/VgdvcHS
https://ibb.co/wpg5T0c

So IF Vegeta was more powerful than his Moro-arc self when Whis made that statement, it certainly wasn't by much at all.

And I don't know about you, but putting that Vegeta above Broly doesn't sit well with me... But again, "logic" isn't something I've come to expect in this lore. /shrug

By "plateau" I meant Broly only adapts to his opponent's power up to a certain point then he needs transformations to get even stronger, and those often need a trigger of some sort.
What I'm saying is that Broly never hit a limit at all in his green haired FPSS form -- even after SSB Gogeta spammed blasts and hit him with that faux-Soul Punisher, Broly just powered up even more:
(please log in to view the image)

Broly just couldn't close the gap in power/zenkai fast enough, which is why SSB Gogeta's full power Kamehameha would have put him down. His power certainly never plateau'd, though.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 7th, 2021 at 02:09 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2021 01:55 PM