KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Bono With Bush

Bono With Bush
Started by: soleran30

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soleran
Fast As Time

Bono With Bush

Wow I thought this was very interesting with Bono from U2 actually taking sides with President Bush and saying some interesting things from the war to the poor!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051020...pr_wh/bush_bono

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 02:21 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes...lets take bono seriously when he says "i'm representing the poorest and most vulnerable people....on a spiritual level"

given that he has a personal fortune of £108 million...

bono...until you give over your 5 star hotel to housing the homeless...and give away all your money to the poor and just make music for musics sake...then shut the **** up and leave politics to the politicians

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 02:26 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
yes...lets take bono seriously when he says "i'm representing the poorest and most vulnerable people....on a spiritual level"

bono...until you give over your 5 star hotel to housing the homeless...and give away all your money to the poor and just make music for musics sake...then shut the **** up and leave politics to the politicians

LOL well then i guess only the poor can represent the poor and the rich the rich and the political the political.....I didn't say take it to heart I said it was interesting since Bono certainly isn't republican and its just a different takesmile

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 02:38 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly...

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 02:59 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

See, it doesn't matter whose "side" they are on...celebrities need to stick to the thing they do best: Calling their agents to make sure the cash flow is still going strong.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 03:13 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

The same thing could be said about the dixie chicks, Tom Cruise, Rosie O Donnel, Babra Streisend, Maddonna, the list doesn't end man..

Bonno reminds SpellJammer of Raven Gaurdia, a good hearted individual whom is ignorant to the darkside. Could easily fall prey to it, must be watched carefuly..

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 03:39 PM
Spelljammer is currently offline Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Well anyway regardless of individuals here and their perspective on celebrities and politics I thought it was interesting that Bono even supported Bush........thats all

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 03:40 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by soleran30
Well anyway regardless of individuals here and their perspective on celebrities and politics I thought it was interesting that Bono even supported Bush........thats all

it does show one thing about bono...that he isn't guilty of being against Bush just for the sake of it...unlike many others

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 03:42 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by soleran30

Yeah, but Bono's a nice guy, he'll try to see Bush'es point, tell his opinion, and try his best not be an A-hole.. He was even polite to Bill O' Reilly, which SpellJammer appreciated. Not enough people give thier respects to The Lord Almighty.. yes

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 03:42 PM
Spelljammer is currently offline Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

So now Bono goes to talk to Bush and he gets painted with the same Brush as Bush supporter???. I swear the Bush haters really need to stop been so hateful of anyone who talks to Bush. Bono, unlike that Kanye West tries to talk and discuss the issues rather than point fingers and blame everything on a person. The man has been involved in countless campaigns and causes to help the world. Now he's getting label as an attention whore for approaching The president of the United States. Give me a break.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 04:40 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WindDancer
So now Bono goes to talk to Bush and he gets painted with the same Brush as Bush supporter???. I swear the Bush haters really need to stop been so hateful of anyone who talks to Bush. Bono, unlike that Kanye West tries to talk and discuss the issues rather than point fingers and blame everything on a person. The man has been involved in countless campaigns and causes to help the world. Now he's getting label as an attention whore for approaching The president of the United States. Give me a break.

The left is nothing but hatemongerers and dumbasses, you know this. They don't even support eachother.

They called Howard Dean a raving lunatic, and he was thier best chance at getting Bush out of office..
They treat Michal Moore like a disease. And he actually believes the bullshit they feed us!
Ralph Nader is bassicaly Deano from 50 years in the future where the terminator has been sent back to assinate SpellJammer..
And Al Sharpton, well.. he's got his own problems.. lol!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 05:19 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I say feed the poor cake smile that will help them its healthier than McDonalds smile

I did a lot for the poor when I was alive

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 05:20 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

WhirlySplatt, you are so going to get flammed for this. XD

That's okay, SpellJammer is secretly the Dalai Lama! PWN3D *****!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 05:45 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Spelljammer
WhirlySplatt, you are so going to get flammed for this. XD

That's okay, SpellJammer is secretly the Dalai Lama! PWN3D *****!

I am not Whilrysplatt, I am Princess Diana, hello Mr Lama - I think you are great animals, a bit like camels but more intelligent. I was the princess of Whales. They are really cute animals especially the way they jump though hoops and blow water out the top of their heads. smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 05:56 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by Princess Diana
I say feed the poor cake smile that will help them its healthier than McDonalds smile

I did a lot for the poor when I was alive

Okay, Now I've seen it all.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 06:04 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

15 billion dollars to help Africa with Aids thats HUGE! I would like to have a bank account with some of that cheddar......
15,000,000,000.00 phew isn't that like Bill Gates bank account

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 07:33 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bono, he sure does try.

Trying doesn't mean succeeding. Personally I think the man is all talk and a complete mug. If he wanted to help he'd share the wealth, simple as.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 08:12 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bono, he sure does try.

Trying doesn't mean succeeding. Personally I think the man is all talk and a complete mug. If he wanted to help he'd share the wealth, simple as.

-AC

He does share his wealth. He donated 15,000,000 dollars to Africa.

Why not aim your hate at celebreties who don't do shit and spew nothing but lude and debautchery throughout thier careers?

Ohwait, that's chicken soup for the liberal soul (or lack thereoff..) SpellJammer forgot..

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 08:14 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Spelljammer
He does share his wealth. He donated 15,000,000 dollars to Africa.

Why not aim your hate at celebreties who don't do shit and spew nothing but lude and debautchery throughout thier careers?

Ohwait, that's chicken soup for the liberal soul (or lack thereoff..) SpellJammer forgot..

If you're gonna try and form some kind of intelligent post, I advise you not to follow it with "Liberal..." whatever. It just invalidates your words.

Secondly, I hate most celebrities. Bunch of useless nobodies.

Live 8 was useless. A "Let's pat each other on the back for being self-righteous and not doing anything" gig. What did it change? Their record sales are boosted, Africa is still down in it.

Bono, Geldof etc, they could change Africa with their money. The fact that they don't just proves my point.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 08:16 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bono, he sure does try.

-AC

Just because you are wealthy doesn't mean you shouldn't find someone who has more then you to contribute rather then your own money. I would be willing to bet alot of these rich people do donate money to the things that "move" them. Anway it doesn't matter its a big thing for AIDS help and Africa.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 08:21 PM