KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Bad children. Who's responsible?

Bad children. Who's responsible?
Started by: BobbyD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Bad children. Who's responsible?

It could be many, but I say first and foremost, it's the parents, NOT the child.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:09 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Many times it's because the child is not being listened to. They feel they are not heard and then finally rebel...Most of children's lives they are told "How to feel, to think, or what not to"...Lots of shouldn'ts.....If more adults would ask the child the "Why's" and then explore that, instead of the "Don't"...There would be less rebellion in my opinion, and more free thinkers that would contribute to society...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:18 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Interesting, Deb.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:22 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Some children can be difficult however I tend to agree parents are much more difficult......I say good job Debbiejo I agree wholeheartedly!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:31 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Woo-hoo!
The post of the Year, Debs!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:38 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

society

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:39 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Society, Deano. How so?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:42 PM
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

Parents.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:54 PM
Whisper is currently offline Click here to Send Whisper a Private Message Find more posts by Whisper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Kids.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:56 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

This is a very insightful thread.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:56 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I will mildy disagree with you, Botankus, though I tend to agree with most of your responses from what I've read.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:58 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Im curious how many of the people that have responded so far do in fact HAVE children?

At any rate, the majority of the time how a child "tunrs out" is a direct reflection of the way he or she was raised. Please note I said majority because there are always exceptions to the rule.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 08:02 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Great question, Jedi Priestess. I suppose I'm being slightly hypocritcal then since I am not one (a parent) myself. However, I do get to voice an opinion, I believe, since I'm at the opposite side of the spectrum, and feel that when most people say they think I'm pretty cool cat, that I divert the accolades to my parents.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 08:14 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Bad children. Who's responsible?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BobbyD
It could be many, but I say first and foremost, it's the parents, NOT the child.

Its the TV and there neighborhood usually.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 08:18 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Hmm, definitely big influences...discounted them. But, you don't think parents are the biggest influences, Jacopex?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 08:21 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don reely think parents are fault to all this. Yo, I lived with my mom and she wuz the only one who payed for me and my sisters. We lived in bad houses aqnd all that. Come on money is a problem these days. They get the bad influence from school and from the streetz. But i try not to become a bum or somethin like that, i have fututre.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 08:26 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

make sure you dont type that way on your resume, mkay?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 08:29 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JacopeX
I don reely think parents are fault to all this. Yo, I lived with my mom and she wuz the only one who payed for me and my sisters. We lived in bad houses aqnd all that. Come on money is a problem these days. They get the bad influence from school and from the streetz. But i try not to become a bum or somethin like that, i have fututre.

I have yet to read about a time when money isn't a problem.........times don't change only people do........or do they...........

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 08:36 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

People don't really change either, or at least not any more after 30, Soleran.

Jacopex, if your mother hadn't done all that she has done thus far, which is I'm gathering a lot from your circumstances, then she would have been the one to blame. However, the fact is she has done a lot for you and your siblings, despite the poor surroundings and negative influences.

Kudos to you for believing that you have a future. Stick with your goals, my man.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 08:42 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

LOL I am 30 haha people change all the time it was a joke. People change all the time. Values change as children develop and their enviroment has more to do with this the older they get and able to form their own opinions and views!~

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 08:44 PM