KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sexual Ambiguity of KMC posters

Sexual Ambiguity of KMC posters
Started by: whobdamandog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Sexual Ambiguity of KMC posters

Has anyone noticed as of late..that many posters who appear to be men..actually turn out to be chicks, and vice a versa? What's going on with this upsurge of androgyny? Should KMC make a requirement that a users "sex" should be displayed in every post to avoid any confusion?

Discuss

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 04:49 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

I'm not having problems in this area.

with exception for TigerLover embarrasment

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 04:55 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Sexual Ambiguity of KMC posters

quote: (post)
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Has anyone noticed as of late..that many posters who appear to be men..actually turn out to be chicks, and vice a versa? What's going on with this upsurge of androgyny? Should KMC make a requirement that a users "sex" should be displayed in every post to avoid any confusion?

Discuss

I've had that confuse me more than once. I think I'm talking to a girl when I'm talking to a guy.

Why does a guy put a girl in his avatar?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 04:55 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're a female right Shaky?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:01 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

*cough*guy*cough* huh

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:05 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

If people are stupid enough to have severe problems just asking if a poster is a guy or girl or not then I don't think they deserve to be catered for.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:06 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

1. I doubt they will tell you the truth, and 2. who cares...and if you really know the person then they should be honest enough.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:07 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Have you looked at my profile? I am male!

The Lotus flower is a cymbal of the simultaneous of cause and effect (karma). I am a devout Nichiren Buddhist.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:09 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I've had that confuse me more than once. I think I'm talking to a girl when I'm talking to a guy.

Why does a guy put a girl in his avatar?
well as a "guy"....i'd rather see a hot chick on my avvy than some dude....know wot i mean?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:09 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Fëanor
well as a "guy"....i'd rather see a hot chick on my avvy than some dude....know wot i mean?

Sorry I don’t get it. My avatar is me, that is a picture of me playing guitar.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:14 PM
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have you looked at my profile? I am male!

The Lotus flower is a cymbal of the simultaneous of cause and effect (karma). I am a devout Nichiren Buddhist. [/B]

See that's what I'm talking about..Feceman referred to you as "her" in another thread. I'm so confused...laughing laughing

Same thing happened with xmarksthespot. Backfire referred to him as "she"..lol..

What's going on?!! Are you guys trying to confuse the masses?!!!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:14 PM
Fëanor

well good on yah bro'....but i'd rather not use a pic of me as an avvy. not that there's anything wrong with it. but i like girls, and im more than likely to put up pics of girls to look at, why? must be the dude in me....i dont ever assume anyone on KMC is either a guy or girl by their avvy. and if they're profile doesn't say it...you can always ask. never hurts ya know. if they don't answer or are vague with their answers, does it really matter?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:18 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good thing too..no offense dude..but if you were indeed a woman..you wouldn't exactly be the belle of the ball.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:20 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

See that's what I'm talking about..Feceman referred to you as "her" in another thread. I'm so confused...laughing laughing

Same thing happened with xmarksthespot. Backfire referred to him as "she"..lol..

What's going on?!! Are you guys trying to confuse the masses?!!!

Feceman just likes to give me a bad time. I call him Faceman and he refers to me as her. We are just joking, I think. laughing

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:22 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Good thing too..no offense dude..but if you were indeed a woman..you wouldn't exactly be the belle of the ball.

Was that an insult? confused If it was, it was the strangest one ever heard. laughing

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:24 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

If someone wants to post without a gender reference power to them does it really matter at the end of the day on the net?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:27 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I'll say it is unusual, but doens't bother me in the slightest.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:33 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by soleran30
If someone wants to post without a gender reference power to them does it really matter at the end of the day on the net?

It is only my problem, I make assumptions based on gender.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:35 PM
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by soleran30

No actually it doesn't. Most of this thread was just based on the two incidents I mentioned above..about Shaky and X. Not a real serious issue, rather a satirical one. Man...I didn't think you guys would take this topic soo seriously..lol.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:36 PM
BeachBunny
Creme De la Creme

When I dunno if the poster is male or female
i just look at her/his profile
big grin

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:37 PM
BeachBunny is currently offline Click here to Send BeachBunny a Private Message Find more posts by BeachBunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote