KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should Absinthe be legalized

Should Absinthe be legalized?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 4 28.57%
No 2 14.29%
It's already legal where i live. 8 57.14%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Absinthe be legalized
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Should Absinthe be legalized

Alright, time to bust those myths. Absinthe is a very high proof herbal alcohol that causes mildly psychotropic effects in a small percentage of people and is mostly legal in most parts of the world. Even in the united states, the laws pertaining to its sale are full of probablies. I personally love the stuff and find it to be a more mild and intelligent alternative to the vodka or weed which my college friends prefer. so what do you think?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 11:39 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

ive been meaning to try it for some time now.
so yeah

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 11:42 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

It IS legal. Where do you live ?

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 11:43 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

its not legal to sell it.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 11:45 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

It's a bit overrated. A can of Carlsberg Superlager does a far better job.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 11:45 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i live in the United States, so importation and sale is usually interpreted as illegal, tho personal use is usually interpreted as legal.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 11:47 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

Ahhh. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The joys of Europe

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 11:48 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

The first time I had it, it did some weird things to me & everyone else who decided to have a drink of it round my yard. One of my mates went home and thought the tv was attacking him, my brother went to sleep with his eyes open and I was watching tv at 11pm and all of a sudden woke up in my bed at 3 in the morning, and I couldn't remember walking to my room. The funniest thing is, thats nothing compared to another person who was drinking it. The previous day he was in prague and in the middle of the night after drinking absinthe, he woke up went downstairs poured himself a drink, went back upstairs and turned his parents light on because he thought he was still clubbing in prague. Just a little warning for anyone wanting to drink it, though we all did drink a fair amount of it ( it was 90%).

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:19 AM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

well ffs, you're not supposed to drink it neat messed

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:23 AM
Maestro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PVS
well ffs, you're not supposed to drink it neat messed

neat, you mean straight from the bottle?

Yea, we were doing 6-7 shots of it, you don't feel much early on, but later it comes down on you like a ton of bricks, like I said above laughing

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:26 AM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Oh, never heard of the stuff, but you should smoke some Lady Salvia....Can soak it for a tea too......Legal....Shamans use that stuff.....

OH, am I OT again....Nah...still am on...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:27 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Maestro
neat, you mean straight from the bottle?

Yea, we were doing 6-7 shots of it, you don't feel much early on, but later it comes down on you like a ton of bricks, like I said above laughing

ok, you are supposed to dillute it 1 part absinth and THREE parts water.
you are only supposed to have like 3 or 4 drinks and sip it SLOOOOOOOOWLY.

what happened was your own fault.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:29 AM
Maestro

Originally posted by PVS
ok, you are supposed to dillute it 1 part absinth and THREE parts water.
you are only supposed to have like 3 or 4 drinks and sip it SLOOOOOOOOWLY.

what happened was your own fault.

I know I was doing it on my own accord, not trying to take away the fact that it was my own fault, just wanted to experience the taste & effects of absinthe. We were drinking by shot glasses, so that basically equates to just drinking absinthe on its own.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:33 AM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

this site should be helpful
http://allthingsabsinthe.com/

GCG
Red Bull

Water ? WATER ?

wtf ?

No; You are supposed to put the absinthe in a glass, get some sugar in a teaspoon, soak the sugar with the absinthe, and light it up. Leave for a minute until the flame dies out, stir the sugar with the absinthe, and drink it.

debbiejo
Dreamer

Where do you buy this stuff...???

[edit] Never mind ..... saw the link...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:34 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GCG
Water ? WATER ?

wtf ?

No; You are supposed to put the absinthe in a glass, get some sugar in a teaspoon, soak the sugar with the absinthe, and light it up. Leave for a minute until the flame dies out, stir the sugar with the absinthe, and drink it.

you are wrong

you drip the water over the cube and into the glass using a fountain.
3 parts water. check the site i provided or any other one of your choice and you'll see.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:35 AM
Maestro

Originally posted by GCG
Water ? WATER ?

wtf ?

You sir know your absinthe, that's exactly how we were doing it, but there are probably other methods, for example, PVS' way.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:36 AM
GCG
Red Bull

I am not wrong. I have always done it that way. It has been done that way without water involved.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:37 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

I don't know what the situation in Blighty is now, but during my student days, I worked in a bar. We were only allowed to serve people 2 glasses of absinthe, after which they would receive a stamp on their hand to show they were not allowed any more. It's a pretty stupid rule seeing as you could drink a whole bottle of vodka without getting a little stamp.

Is this still the case?

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:37 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote