KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Global warming

Global warming
Started by: drewbiefan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
drewforever

Global warming

What is it doing to the country you live in? I have noticed differences in climate here. Like many years ago we had really cold winters, we still do have cold winters but not as much snow like we used to.It often comes on the news about global warming, obviously it would take many many years to do proper changes, however i was mainly wandering what effects it has on different countries at the moment. Is there not ways of helping global warming?
We have had floods, bigger ones/tornadoes more in this country(not where i live right here). Was pretty shocked to hear about the weather conditions, saying as it is a rather safe nation.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 07:32 PM
drewforever is currently offline Click here to Send drewforever a Private Message Find more posts by drewforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Re: Global warming

quote: (post)
Originally posted by drewbiefan
What is it doing to the country you live in? I have noticed differences in climate here. Like many years ago we had really cold winters, we still do have cold winters but not as much snow like we used to.It often comes on the news about global warming, obviously it would take many many years to do proper changes, however i was mainly wandering what effects it has on different countries at the moment. Is there not ways of helping global warming?
We have had floods, bigger ones/tornadoes more in this country(not where i live right here). Was pretty shocked to hear about the weather conditions, saying as it is a rather safe nation.

Well it hasn't frozen one day yet no snow or whatever in sight... In the Summer we had a heat wave that broke all records and then the next month more rain then ever before...

It seems that the climate is just going from one extreme to another no rain to no sun, no snow to so much snow you can't drive your car anymore.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 07:52 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewforever

same here, no snow arrived yetstick out tongue

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 08:11 PM
drewforever is currently offline Click here to Send drewforever a Private Message Find more posts by drewforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Godzilla
Your Lord and Master

Read Mike Crichton's State of Fear.
All I have to say.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 08:35 PM
Darth Godzilla is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Godzilla a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Godzilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Godzilla
Your Lord and Master

Actually, I have a little more to say. The world's temperatures have fluctuated since the beginning of time. A few people scurrying around on Earth's surface aren't going to have an impact on Nature's course, no matter what Al Gore says. Even if global warming is a real trend [which I doubt it is, we had snow in April last year] and even then it's a minor one, we have no effect on it.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 08:39 PM
Darth Godzilla is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Godzilla a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Godzilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Darth Godzilla
Actually, I have a little more to say. The world's temperatures have fluctuated since the beginning of time. A few people scurrying around on Earth's surface aren't going to have an impact on Nature's course, no matter what Al Gore says. Even if global warming is a real trend [which I doubt it is, we had snow in April last year] and even then it's a minor one, we have no effect on it.

Does that matter? Our effect on global warming whether the trend will last or not is irrelevant, perhaps the earth will cool down in a few years that doesn't matter at this point we are still noticing some extreme climate changes here, so I can definitely say things are different.

To say we have no input in the matter and to deny the thing entirely are two completely different things.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 08:41 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Nothing, it's all a lie.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 08:47 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

I hate snow. Global warming is my friend.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 08:49 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by BackFire
Nothing, it's all a lie.

thumb up yes

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 09:02 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

This thread does make me lol, tis the season to lol too, how fantastic.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 09:06 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Nothing, it's all a lie.

sure is, just like us landing on the moon!!! laughing out loud

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 10:10 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewforever

Well i truly believe something is going on with this global warming. However, i definitely do not think that it is doing that much harm, i think they are doing this to make everyone shocked LOL!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 10:12 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

if its gonna happen, its not gonna be in our lifetime.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 10:13 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Wouldn't be toos ure about that my friend (if I may call you that again, it is not a sign of true friendship anyways).

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 10:17 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

did we ever have a true friendship? and what the hell does "toos" mean?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 10:20 PM
Bardock42

did we ever have a true friendship? and what the hell does "toos" mean?

No. And for that matter what does "ure" mean?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 10:21 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewforever

I agree! I have worried about this once in the past. But now i have realised that it is not going to affect anyone in the matter of our lifetime, i doubt it anyway.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 10:23 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

maybe in my great grandkids lifetime.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 10:47 PM
drewforever

what exactly would happen?? messed

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 11:02 AM
Fishy

Originally posted by drewbiefan
what exactly would happen?? messed

The world would heat up, ice caps would melt, the cold water would move north mixing with the warm water and cooling that down creating storms and changing the climate, at the same time water levels around the globe would rise a hell of a lot...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 11:39 AM