KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What's so bad about living with a nuclear Iran?

What's so bad about living with a nuclear Iran?
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morgoths_Wrath

Now, I understand that Iran has threatened Israel and wants to wipe them off the map, but if Iran got the bomb I don't know how quick they would be to use it since Israel has nukes as well.

I think that their push for nuclear technology and their defiance of the West is mostly to prove that they are a powerful nation and they have every right to nuclear power, just as much right as the West has.

The Iranians, from what I've heard, are a very proud people, and for the (more powerful?) Western powers to say they can't have nuclear power must be insulting to them.

How big is the threat of a nuclear Iran, honestly? Is it worth fighting a war against them to stop their nuclear ambitions? Do they have a legitimate right to nuclear energy as a sovereign nation?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 07:55 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Answering the three questions at the end of your post:

1.) Pretty big. Enough that they are on record saying that they want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Next step:get nukes. Seems clear cut to me.
Also, they fund and supply insurgents in Iraq and Hezzbolah terrorists. Nukes for them are a no-no.

2.)Yes. Absolutely.

3.)Nope.

Easy, huh? smile

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:00 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Re: What's so bad about living with a nuclear Iran?

Q.How big is the threat of a nuclear Iran, honestly?

A.Huge as they said Israeli's deserve to die and should go back to where they came form (Which in my opinion was the purpose of forming Israel)

Q.Is it worth fighting a war against them to stop their nuclear ambitions?

A.Yes its worth fighting anyone to stop them killing innocents(which they will use the bomb for)

Q.Do they have a legitimate right to nuclear energy as a sovereign nation?

A.No as they will just use it to convert Uranium to Plutonium

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:20 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Not living. no expression

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:22 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

But can't Israel defend themselves? They have nukes. And if Iran, as a nation, would ever declare war on Israel they know they would be in a world of sh*t. While they talk big, I think Iran knows the consequences of such an act. I can’t imagine they would do something that stupid.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:24 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Ye but heres the thing

War Plan for Dummies

Iran Fires Nukes at Israel

Israel Fires back and calls Its allies

The U.S and Great Britain fire at Iran

Iran calls its Allies

Its Allies shoot at Great Britain and U.S.A

We all die

See what i mean, Nuclear war always follows the systems of M.A.D(Mutually assured destruction)

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:27 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Help
Ye but heres the thing

War Plan for Dummies

Iran Fires Nukes at Israel

Israel Fires back and calls Its allies

The U.S and Great Britain fire at Iran

Iran calls its allies

Its Allies shoot at Great Britain and U.S.A

We all die

and who might they be? Russia? China? I highly doubt they would back Iran if they attacked Israel.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:29 PM
Morgoths_Wrath

See what i mean, Nuclear war always follows the systems of M.A.D(Mutually assured destruction)

I would think that that would be deterrent enough to keep Iran at bay. I might be wrong.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:30 PM
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
and who might they be? Russia? China? I highly doubt they would back Iran if they attacked Israel.

Ye but in this scenario Russia's been contaminated with radioactive material by the attacks on Iran whats it got to lose.

I would think that that would be deterrent enough to keep Iran at bay. I might be wrong.

Iran would be muslim martyr's in their own eye's.You get rewards for that in heaven.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:30 PM
Morgoths_Wrath

Ye but in this scenario Russia's been contaminated with radioactive material by the attacks on Iran whats it got to lose.

Yeah, that could be bad news...

Iran would be muslim martyr's in their own eye's.You get rewards for that in heaven.

What a waste.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:35 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

How many nukes would it take to destroy Israel's ability to return fire?

How many nukes would it take to destroy Iran's ability to return fire?

Iran knows that they can throw everything they have, and destroy Israel’s ability to return fire. Then hind in bunkers and survive what every the US can do to them before the doves stop the US.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:44 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Now, I understand that Iran has threatened Israel and wants to wipe them off the map, but if Iran got the bomb I don't know how quick they would be to use it since Israel has nukes as well.

I think that their push for nuclear technology and their defiance of the West is mostly to prove that they are a powerful nation and they have every right to nuclear power, just as much right as the West has.

The Iranians, from what I've heard, are a very proud people, and for the (more powerful?) Western powers to say they can't have nuclear power must be insulting to them.

How big is the threat of a nuclear Iran, honestly? Is it worth fighting a war against them to stop their nuclear ambitions? Do they have a legitimate right to nuclear energy as a sovereign nation?

Everything.

They're putting all their money in the wrong place. Poor P.O.S. countries should not have nuclear weapons.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:47 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How many nukes would it take to destroy Israel's ability to return fire?

How many nukes would it take to destroy Iran's ability to return fire?

Iran knows that they can throw everything they have, and destroy Israel’s ability to return fire. Then hind in bunkers and survive what every the US can do to them before the doves stop the US.

But when Iran start fuelling Israel gets information from sleeper agents (Israel is liked amongst the West so it would be warned if Iran was fuelling by most Western countires).This information encourages Israel to starty fuelling its missiles, When Iran fires they will take time to reach Israel.At about a 1/4 of the way on Irans missiles journey Israel will fire along with most of the West.This could casue fallout headed to Russia who with nothing to lose fire at the West. No-one survives.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:48 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

But when Iran start fuelling Israel gets information from sleeper agents (Israel is liked amongst the West so it would be warned if Iran was fuelling by most Western countires).This information encourages Israel to starty fuelling its missiles, When Iran fires they will take time to reach Israel.At about a 1/4 of the way on Irans missiles journey Israel will fire along with most of the West.This could casue fallout headed to Russia who with nothing to lose fire at the West. No-one survives.

That is a bad scenario; that is why the US will bomb then into the stone age long before they ever get the bomb.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:01 PM
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That is a bad scenario; that is why the US will bomb them into the stone age long before they ever get the bomb.

thumb up yes

See? End of discussion.

They don't get it, and we won't let 'em.

Shaky wins the thread! big grin

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:07 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:15 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not the threat that Iran will start launching nukes out of Tehran (even considering their open threats to Israel and the West) as much as who they'll sell their nuclear material too and/or who'll they use as a proxy to set off a nuke.

Seriouly now, Iran is a Theocracy, one less religion riddled nation without nukes is a good thing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

1. Pretty minimal

2. Nah

3. Sure

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:18 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by Bardock42

1.blah-blah-blah
2. blah-blah-blah
3. poop

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:23 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by sithsaber408

HEY. I didn't do that to your answers either...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:26 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote