KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Five-Star Prison

Five-Star Prison
Started by: Ana P

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ana P

Five-Star Prison

Wow...

Prisoners these days are living better then most people who aren't in prison...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:21 AM
Ana P is currently offline Click here to Send Ana P a Private Message Find more posts by Ana P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ana P

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:21 AM
Ana P is currently offline Click here to Send Ana P a Private Message Find more posts by Ana P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRH
Grand Poobah

austria

Sig By pittman

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:26 AM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

feckin weak

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:27 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

my goal now in life is to commit a crime near that place

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:30 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love all that.

"Prisoners have it easy.".

Yes, I'm sure it makes it that much easier being confined for many years, away from freedom, friends and family.

Besides, that's hardly the standard of prisons is it?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:42 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Nice.

Its still a prison.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:45 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ana P

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I love all that.

Yes, I'm sure it makes it that much easier being confined for many years, away from freedom, friends and family.

-AC

Some should have thought about that when they shot Ol' Johnny Boy in the face. And Johnny Boy won't be seen by friends and family ever again... but Big Road Dog will...

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:50 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Awesome. Who says prisons have to look bad. I think its a great idea.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 03:09 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

they need a go-kart track

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 03:11 AM
Ana P

Originally posted by AngryManatee
they need a go-kart track

No.

They need real cars.

The Government demands it

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 03:15 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I'm not an expert, but I'm assuming the ammenities are not that much different than other low-secuirity prisons. Just because people see modern design they magically think its something special.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 03:16 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I love all that.

-AC

its not so much "having it easy" thats the problem...look at te things that prisoners are supplied with that costs me and you money...the main examples being snooker and pool tables...gym facilities...some even get playstations at a subsidised cost

surely they need some kind on incentive not to go back to prison...and i dont think facilities like that help.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:16 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flame On!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Treating prisoners like people does no one harm if the aim is rehabilitation. It's likely prisons such as the one highlighted will be less violent inside and who knows perhaps the burden of repair cost where purposeful damage has been caused will be reduced. I think your average prisoner will think twice about rubbing his faeces around his "cell" if it looks like a less like a cell. As AC said they are still "prisoners" with "freedom" denied. I thought that was the punishment, not being dehumanised.

-FO!!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:26 PM
Flame On!! is currently offline Click here to Send Flame On!! a Private Message Find more posts by Flame On!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by Flame On!!
Treating prisoners like people does no one harm if the aim is rehabilitation. It's likely prisons such as the one highlighted will be less violent inside and who knows perhaps the burden of repair cost where purposeful damage has been caused will be reduced. I think your average prisoner will think twice about rubbing his faeces around his "cell" if it looks like a less like a cell. As AC said they are still "prisoners" with "freedom" denied. I thought that was the punishment, not being dehumanised.

-FO!!

thumb up

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:31 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flame On!!

-FO!!

i hardly think that not giving them luxuries is dehumanising them though is it? perhaps it stops the boredom and thus the prepensity for violence in the prison but then if some thought were put into other methods that rehabilitation wise, were more constructive. then that too would stop the outbursts that many prisons saw in the 80's.

the detention part is more for society than it is the punishment for the prisoner...hence the uproar that many offenders are now being "punished" in the community...ala with electronic tags and community service orders.

the best programme i've seen employed in prisons was the drug programmes to get many offenders off heroin...the irony was that some prisoners were due for release before they finished the programme and begged to be kept in prison otherwise they would go back to drug abuse and the offending to fund it...despite that they were released...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:57 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

to bad prisoners still have to worry about the gang hierarcy which rules prison life. Sure that prison is up to date and looks fairly pretty, but the bottom feading criminals that will fill it's walls will still make it undesirable to be in prison. Which it should be. It doesnt matter how comforting your prison cell is, it is still prison. The thing that makes prison prison is not brick cells, but the fact that you have your freedom stripped away

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 01:26 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flame On!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
the detention part is more for society than it is the punishment for the prisoner...hence the uproar that many offenders are now being "punished" in the community...ala with electronic tags and community service orders.

I agree in the U.K. overcrowding is a joke and many prisoners should be punished in other ways. Prison is about the removal of liberty. That's what prisoner and prisoner means.

Word History: The word prison can be traced back to the Latin word prnsi, "the action or power of making an arrest." This in turn is derived from the verb prehendere or prndere, which meant "to take hold of, take into custody, arrest." Prnsi then surfaces in the Old French of the 12th century with the form prison and the senses "capture" and "place of imprisonment." This new sense could have already been developed in Latin and not been recorded, but we have to wait until the 12th century to see it, the sense "captivity" being added in the same century. From Old French as well as the Medieval Latin word priso, "prison," derived from Old French, came our Middle English word prisoun, first recorded in a work written before 1121 in the sense "imprisonment." The sense "place of imprisonment" is recorded shortly afterward in a text copied down before 1225 but perhaps actually written in the Old English period before the Norman Conquest.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/prison

Discussion over.

-FO!!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 01:36 PM
Flame On!! is currently offline Click here to Send Flame On!! a Private Message Find more posts by Flame On!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
to bad prisoners still have to worry about the gang hierarcy which rules prison life. Sure that prison is up to date and looks fairly pretty, but the bottom feading criminals that will fill it's walls will still make it undesirable to be in prison. Which it should be. It doesnt matter how comforting your prison cell is, it is still prison. The thing that makes prison prison is not brick cells, but the fact that you have your freedom stripped away

He's playing freaking table tennis! Who gives a damn about gang hierachy when there is table tennis? You gotta get ready for the tournament! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 01:50 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

Originally posted by Alliance
Just because people see modern design they magically think its something special.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 04:11 PM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote