KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Largest School Shooting in American History

Largest School Shooting in American History
Started by: InnerRise

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (41): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Name of the School: Virginia Tech (College University)

It's just hours away from my house.

Of course it's being covered by all of the Local News so I'm fairly up to date as compared to the rest of the world.

Of course it happened in Virginia.

22 Dead. 28 Casualties. Numbers are expected to rise. Expected to end up in the Low 30's. If the death toll was to exceed 23, this even would be known as The Deadliest Mass Shooting in U.S. History.

The mind boggling thing is that it occurred over 2 instances.

The first instance was around 7am this morning where someone was shot and killed in a dormitory.

Now what's mind boggling is that the school did nothing. No Police was called, school still went on as normal, which is why the second instance was able to happen where a class room a students were shot and and some killed, if not all and other places in the building as well.

A Professor was shot. In one instance students barricaded the door with their bodies, pushing against it trying to prevent the killer from getting in so he shot through the door and was able to shoot them that way.

So yeah......I believe the second, more horrible, instance could have been avoided if the proper precautions were taken after the first shooting.

The killer was a student there, of Asian decent and killed himself. How he died no one knows. They are suspecting another killer as well, but it's not confirmed. The killer was supposedly looking for his girlfriend.

Students were jumping out buildings to get away b/c in one of the buildings it took place on the 4th floor.

SO yeah.......

I have High School Classmates who actually go to that school......

EDIT: For those that care to read, here's some information, it's not as up to date though.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/article...S00010000000001

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Last edited by InnerRise on Apr 16th, 2007 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 05:50 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

The first reports came in and said the shooter was arrested. But about half an hour ago it was reported he was shot dead by police. I been following the story since the morning.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:05 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P23
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea i caught this on the news and shit man thats crazy.

i like to sit on teh ****ing curb drawing lines of dead people on teh ****ing ground
u kno who u ar and im comin to ****ing get u

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:08 PM
P23 is currently offline Click here to Send P23 a Private Message Find more posts by P23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

It's not the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. Probably in a U.S. schools history, yea.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:11 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by InnerRise

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
It's not the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. Probably in a U.S. schools history, yea.

What the f**k?

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:14 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P23
Restricted

Account Restricted

shit man if you wanna see deadly shootings come to 45th and western in chicago.

i like to sit on teh ****ing curb drawing lines of dead people on teh ****ing ground

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:15 PM
P23 is currently offline Click here to Send P23 a Private Message Find more posts by P23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's absolutely horrible, just seen it on the news here. I think something needs to be done about this, 19 school shootings in a year is just out of control.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:19 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The first reports came in and said the shooter was arrested. But about half an hour ago it was reported he was shot dead by police. I been following the story since the morning.
Well it's been confirmed that he killed himself.

Ok, see I was looking at it on my Local News. I see now that it's being covered on a global scale.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:20 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P23
Restricted

Account Restricted

isnt this the month of the collombine shooting?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:22 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by InnerRise
Well it's been confirmed that he killed himself.

Ok, see I was looking at it on my Local News. I see now that it's being covered on a global scale.

Well now is unspecified whether he was gun down by police or kill himself.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:24 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

The death toll has risen to 31 and they just now titled this event as The Deadliest Mass Shooting in U.S. History.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Last edited by InnerRise on Apr 16th, 2007 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:29 PM
speiderman

what the **** is wrong with someone. how do you kill 36 people?>

how is someone so morally bankrupt and cold blooded?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:34 PM
speiderman is currently offline Click here to Send speiderman a Private Message Find more posts by speiderman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

I wonder what musician and/or video game they're gonna blame for this one...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:34 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
speiderman

is life so cheap nowadays?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:35 PM
speiderman is currently offline Click here to Send speiderman a Private Message Find more posts by speiderman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by speiderman
what the **** is wrong with someone. how do you kill 36 people?>

how is someone so morally bankrupt and cold blooded?

i wouldnt even attempt to ponder that. maybe he was a student who flunked out...maybe he was convinced that his dog told him to do it.

but the media will attempt to assess blame and reason to this as usual, i suspect

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I wonder what musician and/or video game they're gonna blame for this one...

bingo

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:35 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just spent an hour talking to a friend of mine that goes there. He's in Holland right now and heard about it from his mother. I'm glad he wasn't there, but he's a wreck over this.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:36 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Schecter
What the f**k?

If you'd have read the thread starters' passage, you'd see the emboldened "The deadliest mass shooting in US history" line. You can't miss it. But since questionably, you'd rather pay much more attention to me, you missed it i guess.

Stay focused.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:36 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Devil King
I just spent an hour talking to a friend of mine that goes there. He's in Holland right now, and heard about it from his mother. I'm glad he wasn't there, but he's a wreck over this.

Ijole! Your friend just might have [quite literally] dodged a bullet.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:37 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you'd have read the thread starters' passage, you'd see the emboldened "The deadliest mass shooting in US history" line. You can't miss it. But since questionably, you'd rather pay much more attention to me, you missed it i guess.

Stay focused.

Read the title of the thread.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:37 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Stay focused.

And if you read the entire sentence that bolded line was part of, you'd see that it was saying if the number of deaths rose above 23 then it'd be the deadliest mass shooting in US history.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 06:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote