KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » HS jocks show why they're alphas

HS jocks show why they're alphas
Started by: Oneness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cool HS jocks show why they're alphas

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 05:35 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

What is a HS jock?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 06:14 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

High School. The Golden Age of Jocks, before most of them end up getting menial jobs while a few end up making millions playing games professionally.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 07:49 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nerds rule

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 07:53 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

I was a bit of an inbetweener. Not a complete nerd, and not quite a jock, not quite alternative enough, but not entirely mainstream either. felt good to fit in everywhere, but felt bad to not belong anywhere....

Now I'm just a dude with an awesome beard that can lift some very heavy shit. big grin Everything else is of little importance. I have my beard. I have my weights, and I have a steady supply of cash and boobs.

#coolstorybro
#feelsgoodman

What is this I don't even

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 02:43 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kostabot
I was a bit of an inbetweener. Not a complete nerd, and not quite a jock, not quite alternative enough, but not entirely mainstream either. felt good to fit in everywhere, but felt bad to not belong anywhere....

Now I'm just a dude with an awesome beard that can lift some very heavy shit. big grin Everything else is of little importance. I have my beard. I have my weights, and I have a steady supply of cash and boobs.

#coolstorybro
#feelsgoodman

I'm envious man. I used to height lift, but then my thyroid gave out.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 03:03 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kostabot

#coolstorybro
#feelsgoodman

Was the same. Now, it just "earns" me back-handed compliments and insults from vendors and staff members before meetings.

I just had an epiphany:

HS:
If you are in good shape, it earns you positive attention and gives you an advantage in almost everything you do.
If you're in bad shape, you're generally ignored or even made fun of. Little to no advantage.

Corporate World:
You're constantly made fun of if you're in shape.
If you're out of shape, you're literally everyone else.

Conclusion: People are still bullies and the roles generally reverse.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 03:30 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by dadudemon
Was the same. Now, it just "earns" me back-handed compliments and insults from vendors and staff members before meetings.

I just had an epiphany:

HS:
If you are in good shape, it earns you positive attention and gives you an advantage in almost everything you do.
If you're in bad shape, you're generally ignored or even made fun of. Little to no advantage.

Corporate World:

The lesson is to avoid the corporate world.

Or destroy the corporate world using your hot physique...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 03:40 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'm envious man. I used to height lift, but then my thyroid gave out.

Bummer dude. Hypothyroidism? Are you on Thyroxine or T3, or any other form of Thyroid medication? If you are, do they not offer enough symptomatic relief to be able to lead an active lifestyle. If you're not, do you mind me asking why? I have friends who have thyroid issues, but get them treated medically and are able to get on with lifting weights.

I just had an epiphany:

HS:

Corporate World:

I don't get too much negative attention for my size. People are generally take aback by my size, but I rarely, if ever, encounter negative feedback. Im a pretty friendly happy faced individual, and apart from my size I'm not at all intimidating. Gentle giant of sorts.

Having said that I work in Intesive Care in a Hospital, not in a corporate setting, so maybe the negative attitude or "tall poppy syndrome" in respect to "fit" people isn't as pronounced amongst my colleagues.

My best friend works in a professional corporate setting in upper management, and he does say he gets the odd smart ass comment, but only in jest...

Funny how people like to passively (or aggressively) put down those they feel are more skilled than them at something (especially if its a trait or skill that stands out). The "If I put you down, to my level, I don't have to struggle to get to yours" mindset is pretty lame.

At the end of the day though, I do this for me, as I'm sure you also do it for you. smile

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 03:54 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

This man speaks the truth.

Destroy them with aesthetics! stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 03:56 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Lucien routinely flexes during staff meetings to raise tension levels and thereby compromise the atrophied immune systems of the norms.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 04:15 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Either that or flex at such a frequency and intensity that the atmospheric distortion Disintegrates your work mates like the shock wave from an explosion.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 05:15 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I'm sure the speedo is a determining factor somewhere.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 05:23 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

A little of column A, a little of column B. My abs are so firm, you could grate CHEESE on 'em!! So I'm invited to every luncheon.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 05:24 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

True phacts: the CEO asked me to flex for everyone at the annual Christmas party.

I did.

I'm a whore and feel ashamed.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 05:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

You should have had the office ladies put oil on your pecs for charity or something. Milk it.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 06:16 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'd feel ashamed if my boss asked me to flex in front of everyone and then proceed to mount me in front of everyone at the annual christmas party too.

Just kidding. I don't get invited to the christmas party.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 06:17 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

True phacts: the CEO asked me to flex for everyone at the annual Christmas party.

I did.

I'm a whore and feel ashamed.

Atta boy! laughing

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 06:33 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I lifted in high school, in college...still doing so, but nothing heavy anymore (eg, no more bodyweight military presses: joints can't handle it, it takes its toll). Now into pullups/chins.

I've found that at every age, if people see you're in shape, it automatically commands respect, even from the doughboys with $$$.

But basically, in HS, by senior year especially, I was the quiet, semi-nerd who could outlift everyone else. Kept bullies away, though some I befriended once we got to know each other, and I still had my nerd friends. I could be friends with anyone.

Y'know, I just realized: I've never seen an exercise/workout forum here at KMC. Too bad.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Dec 7th, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 12:09 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Originally posted by Mindship
I lifted in high school, in college...still doing so, but nothing heavy anymore (eg, no more bodyweight military presses: joints can't handle it, it takes its toll). Now into pullups/chins.

I've found that at every age, if people see you're in shape, it automatically commands respect, even from the doughboys with $$$.

But basically, in HS, by senior year especially, I was the quiet, semi-nerd who could outlift everyone else. Kept bullies away, though some I befriended once we got to know each other, and I still had my nerd friends. I could be friends with anyone.

Y'know, I just realized: I've never seen an exercise/workout forum here at KMC. Too bad.

I may be wrong, but I think there was a fitness sub forum on here waaaay back. like 03 , 04, maybe 05... it may have been another forum, but KMC was my main haunt. I don't think it got much traffic though, Even when the website was busy.

I was overweight from late Primary school til my final year in High School. Started lifting to lose weight and get noticed by girls. Found that putting muscle and getting stronger came relatively easy to me. Haven't looked back. I was 135kg at 30%+ body fat in 11th grade before I ever touched any weights. Currently I'm 110 and under 10% body fat most of the year. My focus was primarily on body sculpting, but I work with heavier weights than a typical hypertrophy program.

Have always loved split muscle group routines (chest, back, rest, shoulders, legs, rest, rest). In the past year Ive also started incorporating cross-fit type core sessions once or twice a week. After 9 years of neglecting my core, I finally learned the value of improving it. Ive had my share of injuries, but have learned a lot as a result, and nowadays I'm pretty damn good at treating my injuries successfully on my own. I've also been able to help quite a few people at my gym with nagging injuries.

I've been considering dropping my hours at work a little bit and getting a PT cert so that I can make some money from my hobby, and have it become a bigger part of my everyday life.

It was interesting seeing people start treating me differently in my final year of high school. Part of this was because I was now fitter, and more capable of standing up for myself physically, and having been a pudgy 4 eyed kid, this came as a welcome change. Some of the change in peoples attitude I also attributed to the fact that by 12th grade, most of the assholes had dropped out, and the other kids weren't following their lead. I actually ended up becoming friends with a lot of guys that bullied me earlier on. Also being a generally friendly, and non-confrontational person, I, much like you, ended p being able to fit in to most groups, and got along with almost everyone.

Being bullied a bit may have done me some good by motivating me to start looking after myself so that I wasn't as much of a target. I also think it helped make me the totally non-aggressive person that I am. Why hurt others? I knew what it felt like to be on the receiving end, so I tried to never subject anyone to it either. smile

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 01:05 PM