KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Media spin on Race

The Media spin on Race
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Media spin on Race

The media calls Obama "The first Black President" because his father was black and mother was white.

However George Zimmerman is "White" but his mother is black and father is white.

This is is plain truth: The media and politicians are full of shit and people average america is dumb to it.

http://www.vice.com/read/george-zimmerman-is-not-white

http://womenintheology.org/2013/07/...does-it-matter/

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 08:45 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

And what do you know, FOX News is the culprit. Thank you for continuing to expose their incompetence, TI smile

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 08:54 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marywasasl*t
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obama identifies himself as black. No Obama fan but he is the first black president. The reason I am not a fan of Obama is not because he is black, but because he is an American. :-)

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:06 PM
Marywasasl*t is currently offline Click here to Send Marywasasl*t a Private Message Find more posts by Marywasasl*t Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

In America people who are half black are normally considered black, especially if they are darker in skin tone. That isn't a media thing it's just how the culture is.

As for Zimmerman isn't he hispanic?

Edit: Actually looked into it Zimmeran has a white father and a mother who is south american with some black blood in her. So white hispanic is pretty accurate

Props to Scythe for the sig

Last edited by Lek Kuen on Mar 16th, 2015 at 09:12 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:09 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marywasasl*t
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
In America people who are half black are normally considered black, especially if they are darker in skin tone. That isn't a media thing it's just how the culture is.

With the name "Zimmerman" the jew is obviously strong in that one.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:12 PM
Marywasasl*t is currently offline Click here to Send Marywasasl*t a Private Message Find more posts by Marywasasl*t Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Edit: Actually looked into it Zimmeran has a white father and a mother who is south american with some black blood in her. So white hispanic is pretty accurate

Yet most poeple think he is white in America, and Obama is black according to America, so why are people so easily confused?

"It’s a hell of a lot simpler to create this clean, uncomplicated tale of racial tension than it is to correctly identify Zimmerman as the product of an interracial marriage between a white father and Peruvian mother. To deal with that complexity, the New York Times and others have adopted the rarely used phrase “white Hispanic” to describe the killer. Since important media types are throwing around this term, I assume it is now the proverbial “new normal,” and I'm going to start using it too, despite it being a totally clumsy way to deal with a difficult issue. If my sexual performance is any indication, I'm very comfortable with "clumsy."

My father is white, and my mother is black, so I suppose I’m now “white African,” but isn’t a white African a South African of Dutch descent? OK, what if I called myself “white black”? Is that accurate, or does that sound too much like a really bad punk band’s name? Did I mention I’m Jewish? How do I work that in? My grandfather on my mom’s side was part Native American, so I guess I need to add that to the mix. Next time I have to fill out a United States Census form, I’m going to list myself as “white Jewish black Native American,” or “Confused” for short."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:15 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Next time I have to fill out a United States Census form, I’m going to list myself as “white Jewish black Native American,” or “Confused” for short."

They have mixed race options on the census.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 16th, 2015 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:18 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
They have mixed race options on the census.

Did you read the article. Or the snippet I just posted.

""It’s a hell of a lot simpler to create this clean, uncomplicated tale of racial tension than it is to correctly identify Zimmerman as the product of an interracial marriage between a white father and Peruvian mother. To deal with that complexity, the New York Times and others have adopted the rarely used phrase “white Hispanic” to describe the killer."

They spun him off as white, threw racist on in and bam, Huge story, but guess what, based in Lies.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:19 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

So him being Hispanic lessens the fact that he murdered an unarmed teenager due to half-assed racial profiling?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:21 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Yet most poeple think he is white in America, and Obama is black according to America, so why are people so easily confused?

"It’s a hell of a lot simpler to create this clean, uncomplicated tale of racial tension than it is to correctly identify Zimmerman as the product of an interracial marriage between a white father and Peruvian mother. To deal with that complexity, the New York Times and others have adopted the rarely used phrase “white Hispanic” to describe the killer. Since important media types are throwing around this term, I assume it is now the proverbial “new normal,” and I'm going to start using it too, despite it being a totally clumsy way to deal with a difficult issue. If my sexual performance is any indication, I'm very comfortable with "clumsy."

My father is white, and my mother is black, so I suppose I’m now “white African,” but isn’t a white African a South African of Dutch descent? OK, what if I called myself “white black”? Is that accurate, or does that sound too much like a really bad punk band’s name? Did I mention I’m Jewish? How do I work that in? My grandfather on my mom’s side was part Native American, so I guess I need to add that to the mix. Next time I have to fill out a United States Census form, I’m going to list myself as “white Jewish black Native American,” or “Confused” for short."

The stuff about being mixed race is from the author of the article about himself, not zimmerman.

Zimmerman was called white but some people but most sources said Hispanic, which is accurate.

Where as obama is black as far as american culture is concerned.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:22 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yet most poeple think he is white in America, and Obama is black according to America, so why are people so easily confused?.

Because America has an ugly history of anyone with even a small portion of black ancestry as being labeled and considered "black" for all intents and purposes. This likely started in the slave days, where white owners would rape their black slaves and as a means of separating themselves from their illegitimate offspring, said offspring would be labeled "black" legally and thereby property.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Did you read the article. Or the snippet I just posted.

""It’s a hell of a lot simpler to create this clean, uncomplicated tale of racial tension than it is to correctly identify Zimmerman as the product of an interracial marriage between a white father and Peruvian mother. To deal with that complexity, the New York Times and others have adopted the rarely used phrase “white Hispanic” to describe the killer."

They spun him off as white, threw racist on in and bam, Huge story, but guess what, based in Lies.

I was just solving one issue at a time is all.

The problem is, people don't understand that Hispanic isn't actually a race. You could be white/black/asian/whatever and still be Hispanic.

In the case of George Zimmerman, he could totally go through life passing for white, even if he had some non-white ancestry. "white Hispanic" is a fairly accurate term.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:31 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

The stuff about being mixed race is from the author of the article about himself, not zimmerman.

Zimmerman was called white but some people but most sources said Hispanic, which is accurate.

Where as obama is black as far as american culture is concerned.

I understand that the author was talking about himself, I am talking about why one person can be considered white, even though he has hispanic/black mixed ethnic, but how Obama, gets off being considered black being black/white. Its the way media has swayed public opinion.

Zimmerman ges depicted as white racist by media for terms of lyncing. If Zimmerman had had a Hispanic name, and had not been depicted as a white man, the story would not have even been news and not a damn person would care about it.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:31 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem is, people don't understand that Hispanic isn't actually a race. You could be white/black/asian/whatever and still be Hispanic.

In the case of George Zimmerman, he could totally go through life passing for white, even if he had some non-white ancestry. "white Hispanic" is a fairly accurate term.

(please log in to view the image)

White?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:34 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hispanic literally does not mean white, Hispanic is usually the term politically correct term for "Mexican." Hispanic is the farthest thing away from, black, white and asian. The problem is that there are only these in race terms according to the government.

White or Caucasian
Black or African American
Native American or Alaska Native
Asian
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:39 PM
StyleTime

Hispanic literally does not mean white, Hispanic is usually the term politically correct term for "Mexican." Hispanic is the farthest thing away from, black, white and asian. The problem is that there are only these in race terms according to the government.

White or Caucasian
Asian

Christina Millian, Alberto Fujimori, and Luis Sarmiento are all Hispanic. Fujimori was the President of Peru at one point, despite his purely Japanese ancestry.

(please log in to view the image)-(please log in to view the image)-(please log in to view the image)

The Census defines Hispanic as "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race."
http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/.../c2010br-04.pdf

European conquest made South and Central America a pretty diverse place, despite the ****ed up history of colonialism.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 16th, 2015 at 10:02 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:57 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember the chart

(please log in to view the image)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 10:50 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

White or Caucasian
Asian

Here's the 2010 US Consensus:

The 23rd federal census, 2010[17] asks one ethnic and one race question (questions 1-4 not reproduced here, questions 5 and 6 paraphrased): 1.Is the person of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin? No, not of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin
Yes, Mexican, Mexican Am., Chicano
Yes, Puerto Rican
Yes, Cuban
Yes, another Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin — Print origin, for example, Argentinian, Colombian, Dominican, Nicaraguan, Salvadoran, Spaniard, and so on.

2.What is the person's race? White
American Indian or Alaska

Native — Print name of enrolled or principal tribe.
Asian Indian
Chinese
Filipino
Other Asian — Print race, for example, Hmong, Laotian, Thai, Pakistani, Cambodian, and so on.
Japanese
Korean
Vietnamese
Native Hawaiian
Guamanian or Chamorro
Samoan
Other Pacific Islander — Print race, for example, Fijian, Tongan, and so on.
Some other race — Print race.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 11:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

So explain how George was painted as white?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 12:04 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

What's your endgame here, TI?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 12:55 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote