KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Study suggests cat-lovers more intelligent than dog-lovers

Study suggests cat-lovers more intelligent than dog-lovers
Started by: Star428

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Study suggests cat-lovers more intelligent than dog-lovers

This sure brightened-up my morning:

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/05/...eople/20894524/ smile

The study suggests that the personality traits of cat people and dog people are as different as cats and dogs themselves.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Aug 18th, 2015 at 01:43 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 01:40 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Those who prefer cats, on the other hand, are more likely to be non-conformists, introverts, want affection, and be sensitive home bodies -- as cats also like to stay inside.

Pretty much sounds like me, but I just prefer dogs to cats.

Last edited by |King Joker| on Aug 18th, 2015 at 01:49 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 01:44 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't want to make it sound like I hate dogs because I don't. Growing up, dogs were all we had till I was like 15 or 16 years old. But, when I became independent and got out on my own, I found I preferred cats over dogs. I still like dogs (the friendly ones at least) though and would always be willing to help one in need. And yeah, that sentence you quoted describes my personality perfectly.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Aug 18th, 2015 at 01:52 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 01:49 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Those who prefer cats, on the other hand, are more likely to be non-conformists, introverts, want affection, and be sensitive home bodies -- as cats also like to stay inside.

Like with all generalized studies (studies that have a conclusion that applies to "most people" or "most people in the sample"), there will be exceptions to the conclusion.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 01:50 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Of course.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 01:52 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by |King Joker|

So people who like cats are fragile flower hipsters while dog owners are grizzled, red-meat eating alpha sexual tyrannosaurs.

This sounds pretty accurate tbh.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 02:02 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow. I'm a cat owner.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 02:05 PM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only part of article I really disagreed with is part about cats preferring to be indoors. All of my kitties love going outside and playing. Everytime I go to back door they bolt after me to go out.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 02:07 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
So people who like cats are fragile flower hipsters while dog owners are grizzled, red-meat eating alpha sexual tyrannosaurs.

This sounds pretty accurate tbh.

LOL. Funny you say that when it's cats that are the much more accomplished hunters/predators. Dogs are dependent on humans for survival/food while cats can get by perfectly fine on their own. thumb up

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 02:09 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I wonder how many variables they account for. I mean, realistically, I grew up a dog lover because that's what my parents had. More recently, my gf owned a cat and now we're living together, so I now own a cat as well. I preferred dogs - and still love them - but I definitely enjoy our cat as well.

So I wonder if it's trying to find a link where there's only a loose correlation. There are too many variables for me to feel confident about such results based on something this seemingly arbitrary.

Also, from the article:
But before we start a cyber-war between cat and dog lovers, it should be pointed out that researchers only surveyed 600 participants and they were all college students, so it's unclear if the results apply to other age groups.

AOL is a reputable enough website, but even major news sources are guilty of clickbait titles and premature conclusions based on individual studies. Yahoo does it all the time too. So I'd say there isn't much concrete that we can glean from it.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 05:24 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Cats do taste better then dog

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 05:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's disgusting. Think I'm gonna barf.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 06:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds suspicious because I have a cat and..cats are a-holes. To put it another way I fully believe my cat would kill me if she could get away with it. If I got hit by a shrinking beam and shrunk down to a size smaller then my cat? I know she would more or less immediately attempt to kill me. That tells you everything you need to know about the difference between cats and dogs, a dog would still be loyal(though might accidentally kill you via squashing) but a cat would go into full on "remember when you stared into my eyes that one time?" mode and kill you.

So I don't know, is it a sign of intelligence to love these animals?

Originally posted by Star428
That's disgusting. Think I'm gonna barf.

I know I personally find dogs taste better, you can almost taste the loyalty in every bite. That is why they are called man's best tasting friend.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 18th, 2015 at 06:24 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 06:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I don't have any pets, which makes me superior to all of you.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:27 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will say one good thing about cats: far far less work. I literally did not have to train her to do anything, which is the only problem with a dog, especially when it comes to training it not to piss on the floor. With the cat I just dumped some litter in a friggin box and bam.

I will say the cats get much better toys then dogs too. My cat has one of these big jungle gym type things to crawl around on and it has 3 different platforms and various crevices for her to crawl up, and it's over 6 feet high.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

And then there are the really smart people who realize that only ****ing stupid people would waste their time and money on an inferior species that doesn't involve eating them.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 11:57 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

You and your family own two cats.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 12:21 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Tzeentch
You and your family own two cats.
My younger sister owns two cats, I own nothing but the clothes on my back and the pride of a Saiyan.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 01:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Those don't belong to you, they belong to everyone.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 01:22 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by NemeBro
My younger sister owns two cats, I own nothing but the clothes on my back and the pride of a Saiyan.
Joke is on you since saiyans possess no pride only shame.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 01:28 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote