KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Eurovision

Eurovision
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Eurovision

So who else died laughing when we got 'nil points' in the eurovision? I thought it was sooooooooooooooooooooo funny... and then, on totp, they were making all sorts of excuses 'the mike wasn't working' blahblahblah - they were pants, thats all! Altho, looking at some of the other eurovision entries, I dont think they were pants enough!

I've always wondered HOW do we manage to enter such ABYSMAL songs into eurovision - the rest of the time we rival america for best music! Me confused...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 07:17 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I laughed for another reason:
when we sing in dutch we finish last
in french: a few places higher
in english: again a few places higher
if we sing in an non-existing language we get second!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 07:25 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
I laughed for another reason:
when we sing in dutch we finish last
in french: a few places higher
in english: again a few places higher
if we sing in an non-existing language we get second!

Belgum was in second! is that where your from? lol
Its very diffult to win in Eurovision cause this country votes for that and then that country votes for that! like some time ago a portuguese singer was told by the spanish judges that they liked is song alot but were gonna give him 0! and they did and then portugal gave 12! to spain!Still dont know way we keep helping them,everbody knows we hate each other! Portugal should have enter a fado and it should have been sang in portuguese dont care if nobody else gets it or if we get points or not! will nver win anyway!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 07:51 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

i know now the votes are by phone but i dont by that! they still cheat!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 07:52 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

oh, u know how there sposed to be chucking out the peeps who get the lowest score - there never gonna do that to us (according to the press) cos we put in so much money towards eurovison!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 07:53 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

lol still got 0! They expect me to belive that the portuguese voted enough on spain to give them like 6points. no way!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 07:56 PM
yerssot

it's all about politics in that one

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 07:59 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

the french must be annoyed with us over the war with iraq - they usually give us at least un point!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 08:00 PM
yerssot

oh no, they just hate england

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 08:03 PM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
cos we put in so much money towards eurovison!

The country that organized the event this year (cant remember) had to ask is neighbor country for help.
And it wasn't eng.
wink

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 08:12 PM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
it's all about politics in that one

Trust me it has nothing to do with politics! it's the people really!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 08:13 PM
yerssot

cyprus giving 12 to turkey ... ok
but then 10 to greece
for the umphteen time in a row!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 08:20 PM
Kes
Philie

lol that politic! yeh i agree with that. thats why portugal will never win.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 08:25 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, the English entry was, as Edna would put it, 'Big fat saggy pants'.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 08:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and lots of other countries

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 08:27 PM
Kes
Philie

I liked Austria!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 08:28 PM
cermiestar
kitten

I liked the one where there was the dancing animals....tell me i didn't make that up........

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 09:03 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Can't remember!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 09:04 PM
cermiestar
kitten

cos if i'm making it up...i need to change therapists and up the dosage....lol he he.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 09:06 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote