KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are SJW winning...or are real injustices being addressed/corrected?

Are SJW winning...or are real injustices being addressed/corrected?
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tru-marvell

Are SJW winning...or are real injustices being addressed/corrected?

There's some pretty dramatic shifts happening right now from one end of society to another.

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/...lags-racetracks

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/10/...ules-urban.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/me...etoric-n1229101

“Young black men have a very different experience with law enforcement in this nation than white people, and that’s their impression and experience and we need to be sensitive to that and do all we can to change it,” Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., told his GOP colleagues yesterday

There are many other examples, there iare growing international protest movements happening

https://www.businessinsider.com/pho...protests-2020-6

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:59 AM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Let’s use me as an example.

My buddy and I were once stopped by detectives that claims our car fit the description of fleeing suspects responsible for some robberies in the neighborhood. We were stopped 3 houses from my home. One detective was black, while the other one was white. My buddy and I both were 19, coming back from our jobs. We spoke to the officers calmly, we didn’t yell and scream racist. They ask us for our Id’s, and I even pointed to my house. They spoke to us for about 10 minutes, and we were on our way.

I wrote that example for one reason and one reason alone. Not every cop that stops you wants to shoot you, put you in jail because they are racist. Yes, there are racist cops, but that number is minuscule compared to the majority of officers that are legitimately good people.

Another problem young black men are facing are the lack of father figures in the household. 60 to 70 percent of black households is with out a father. A father figure is paramount in raising a good young man, black or other wise.

At the end of the day, there comes a time when you need to look in the mirror and assume personal responsibility for your action. I just saw a story where this rioter jump this guy even after the guy told him he had a guy. He died, not because he was black, but because he was stupid and lack personal responsibility.

The day young black men start taking responsibility for themselves, and stop blaming racist for everything wrong in their lives, they will rule any fields they put their minds and efforts into.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 11:17 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

Your response is so off base and NOT on point. I'm at work right now, and I have a 10:30 to finish prepping for but I will retort later today when I have time to do so properly.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 02:11 PM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
The day young black men start taking responsibility for themselves, and stop blaming racist for everything wrong in their lives, they will rule any fields they put their minds and efforts into.

Damn good quote and I'm stealing it.

Never underestimate the momentum and power of a young black man who makes success his raison d'etre: an unstoppable force.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 02:54 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by tru-marvell
Your response is so off base and NOT on point. I'm at work right now, and I have a 10:30 to finish prepping for but I will retort later today when I have time to do so properly.

So you think personal responsibilities don’t play a part I guess.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 03:05 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

My wife read you post Squall and sent it to her family in Wisconsin. They stated they all have experiences of racism and wondered why a black man might dismiss the concept of external racism. They asked if we had any evidence you were black. I replied I had never seen a picture of you but on forums you try and take people at face value. They said you had faceless value...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 04:42 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

George Floyd just didn't take responsibility for himself while being murdered, must be it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 04:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
George Floyd just didn't take responsibility for himself while being murdered, must be it.
That would seem the case, wouldn't it?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 04:46 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The logic is so absurd you wonder about his education.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 04:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I agree. Probably shouldn't have lead a multi-decade life of crime including violent crime.

We shouldn't blame the victim. Not all people killed by police are violent criminals.

Such as Breonna Taylor.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jun 11th, 2020 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Your snide aside, his past crimes do not give the police the right to be judge, jury and executioner. Their job was to arrest and process him to the courts.

But you just did...

In regards to Taylor, at least some legal good seems to be coming out of her murder.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

He did indeed blame the victim.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
My wife read you post Squall and sent it to her family in Wisconsin. They stated they all have experiences of racism and wondered why a black man might dismiss the concept of external racism. They asked if we had any evidence you were black. I replied I had never seen a picture of you but on forums you try and take people at face value. They said you had faceless value...

^This didn't happen

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your snide aside, his past crimes do not give the police the right to be judge, jury and executioner. Their job was to arrest and process him to the courts.

But you just did...

In regards to Taylor, at least some legal good seems to be coming out of her murder.

His past crimes *do* make it so he should not be praised as a hero or martyr though thumb up

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
^This didn't happen
How do you know?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
His past crimes *do* make it so he should not be praised as a hero or martyr though thumb up
He was murdered by police while unarmed, it's about the overall message, hopefully this finally leads to positive police reform.

But you be you thumb up

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was murdered by police while unarmed, it's about the overall message, hopefully this finally leads to positive police reform.

But you be you thumb up

And nothing you said changes the fact he should not be treated as a hero or martyr. Good talk thumb up

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:25 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

But you be you thumb up
thumb up

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
thumb up

^This is cheerleading

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:32 PM
dadudemon

But you just did...

You didn't read my post. A violent, multi-decade, career criminal, with fentanyl and meth in his blood, was unjustly killed by police when being arrested for committing a crime.

Had he not be high and trying to use counterfeit money, he may not have died that day but he would have died soon with those kinds of health problems and drug use. His choices led to a terrible outcome. Multiple decades of terrible choices.

When you commit a crime and get caught, your chances of death skyrocket. When you do meth, your chances of death skyrocket. When you do fentanyl, your chances of death skyrocket.

George Floyd was shitty human being making terrible choices. He's the wrong person to prop-up.

In regards to Breonna Taylor, none of these things apply to her. And her boyfriend had every right to defend himself and his GF from the tyrannical police.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:33 PM