KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is 4chan a front for the alt right?

Is 4chan a front for the alt right?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is 4chan a front for the alt right?

I was reading that some of the members said "Lets make the OK sign racist!"

And suddenly, racists are caught all over using the OK sign.

This includes politicians, senators, presidential advisors..

I'm starting to wonder if 4chan is really a haven of anonymous trolls at all. Perhaps the people there are Fox News people, think tank leaders, policy makers..

How scary would that be, if our thought leaders are trolling us all?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 06:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Who is this "4-chan"?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 06:49 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
Who is this "4-chan"?

One of the most trafficked boards on the web, and a known den of trolls and hackers

You know the "OK sign is racist" meme?

That all starter at 4chan.

They also did Pepe the Frog, and Clowns as racist icons.

They practically ARE internet memes in a more general sense. I think Slenderman started there, as have many many memes that spread like wildfire.

The thing is, I always felt they were TOO influential. They get pushed all over the place, giving them visibility.

That makes sense if their members worked across various media. Like a "Fight Club" style cult.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 07:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

According to Whirly KMC is alt right.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 07:12 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by cdtm
One of the most trafficked boards on the web, and a known den of trolls and hackers

You know the "OK sign is racist" meme?

That all starter at 4chan.

They also did Pepe the Frog, and Clowns as racist icons.

They practically ARE internet memes in a more general sense. I think Slenderman started there, as have many many memes that spread like wildfire.

The thing is, I always felt they were TOO influential. They get pushed all over the place, giving them visibility.

That makes sense if their members worked across various media. Like a "Fight Club" style cult.
It's cool I know I was just referencing an old meme. I was using Pepe as far back as 2007/8, back then he was just the "Feels good man" frog

Lurking /pol/ is fascinating. It has so many levels of irony built into it that figuring out how racist the users actually are is impossible, but it would clearly appeal to racist people.

Due to its anonymous nature, I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of psyop stuff is carried out through the board. We have no way of knowing who the posters are, so they could be genuine or they could be influencers hiding behind seven proxies. It's impossible to really say.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 07:13 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

It's cool I know I was just referencing an old meme. I was using Pepe as far back as 2007/8, back then he was just the "Feels good man" frog

Lurking /pol/ is fascinating. It has so many levels of irony built into it that figuring out how racist the users actually are is impossible, but it would clearly appeal to racist people.

Due to its anonymous nature, I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of psyop stuff is carried out through the board. We have no way of knowing who the posters are, so they could be genuine or they could be influencers hiding behind seven proxies. It's impossible to really say.

Do you remember....uhhh...what was his KMC name? I only remember his real name.

He dated Piggle Humsy for a bit.

He left 4chan back in the mid-2000s because it became a cesspool of questionable and illegal content. I left a year or 2 prior to that because it just started getting stupid/terrible. ("/b/ was never good", etc.).

Edit - Anyway, I was an "ancient of days" on 4chan around when it first started.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 07:19 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by dadudemon
Do you remember....uhhh...what was his KMC name? I only remember his real name.

He dated Piggle Humsy for a bit.

He left 4chan back in the mid-2000s because it became a cesspool of questionable and illegal content. I left a year or 2 prior to that because it just started getting stupid/terrible. ("/b/ was never good", etc.).

Edit - Anyway, I was an "ancient of days" on 4chan around when it first started.
Tattoo / Ken, right? Among other usernames... LanceWindu was his main one, wasn't it?

I was a somewhat younger lurker of 4chan around the 2007/8 period. I saw some really disturbing shit on that board. It warped my fragile little mind.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 07:28 PM
dadudemon

Tattoo / Ken, right? Among other usernames... LanceWindu was his main one, wasn't it?

I was a somewhat younger lurker of 4chan around the 2007/8 period. I saw some really disturbing shit on that board. It warped my fragile little mind.

LanceWindu, yes! I forgot his username. I didn't want to doxx him so I left off his real name.

I wasn't into the "watch people die" stuff that they started posting. I was there around 2003? Maybe 2002?

I literally went to Ebaumsworld after and just stayed there for my internet entertainment instead of 4chan. Before 4chan, it was years on a video game message board that eerily matches KMC.

That video game message board matched some of the characters on this site.

The extremely angry, always fighting and insulting everyone, PVS type was there. The super cool old philosohpical dude, all the kids wanting to be cool, the nerds, the super genius nerds who analyzed code in games, the older jock-head, the girl(s) who cut themselves and were Emos (poor lasses...we didn't know any better at the time but these girls needed help), etc. And the site admin eventually ghosted all of us and the site went to crap. He stopped paying the "bill" and the site got shut down. He revived it back from the dead and I went back in the late 2000s after I became a regular here. He shut the site down within 3 months because their PVS equivalent just fought with everyone (on purpose: it was just trolling) and the owner was just tired of it.

Ahhhh, the good ol' days. Where the internet was new and we didn't know what we were doing. And being promoted to "senior member" meant something. Oh, and every idiot claiming "first!" on new posted content. Stupid lame first crap...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 08:10 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote