KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » This stimulus bill is a joke

This stimulus bill is a joke
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

This stimulus bill is a joke

What a joke this "stimulus" bill is! And no, I'm not talking about the $600 checks and how they should be more! The federal government is planning to spend just under a $1 trillion this go around. Of the $900 billion, we're going to send Egypt $1.3 billion, Afghanistan $3 billion, $453 million to Ukraine, $700 million to Sudan, $500 million to Israel, $250 million for Palestinians, $45 million to fight corruption in Central America...
You claim this bill is about relief, but clearly it's not for the American people. Stop spending us into oblivion so that our children and their children can have a future! Shame on both parties for supporting this!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 07:18 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I 100% agree with you.

How about just implementing UBI? Just do that. Problems solved.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 07:29 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

I also agree with both of you. It's a bi-partisan **** you to the American people.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 09:08 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I scrolled through some of it. Why is there money to do things like flood prevention and stopping human trafficking?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 10:08 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
What a joke this "stimulus" bill is! And no, I'm not talking about the $600 checks and how they should be more! The federal government is planning to spend just under a $1 trillion this go around. Of the $900 billion, we're going to send Egypt $1.3 billion, Afghanistan $3 billion, $453 million to Ukraine, $700 million to Sudan, $500 million to Israel, $250 million for Palestinians, $45 million to fight corruption in Central America...
You claim this bill is about relief, but clearly it's not for the American people. Stop spending us into oblivion so that our children and their children can have a future! Shame on both parties for supporting this!

The $600 should be a lot more.

And I saw that they snuck in foreign aid.

Is that a poison pill?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 01:14 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

In an fairness to Trump there was a Report he wanted to give $2,000 but was advised against it by some tools.

He also wanted to give the stimulus a lot earlier but Pelosi didnt want it to go through before the election. I mean seriously could she a bigger POS?

THAT SAID you guys really have been screwed over. Every other advanced nation has given some kind of salary compensation during the pandemic. So I dont blame you guys for protesting against lockdowns. You cant tell people to stay at home and then not compensate them. Like WTF?!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 01:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Politicians are the worst and this bill is a joke

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 02:07 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

Pelosi didn't want Trump to have a small win before the election, and just gambled the American people for it, now they got half of what they could have gotten back them. Well, under the caveat that Mitch McConnell that ******* might not have let it go through even if Pelosi and Trump had agreed. Still terribly done by Democrats. Not to excuse the ghoulish behavior of the Republicans either though.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 02:07 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

They can give billions in corporate welfare and foreign aid and then they give $600 to Americans?

Unacceptable.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 02:39 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Eat the rich

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 02:40 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is there any aid for small businesses because I don’t see any

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 03:40 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Didn't quality for the $1,200-$600 last time. Don't qualify this time.

But $600.00 to even a single person living in a lower cost of living city isn't much, will float them for maybe a month.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 05:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Rent for a basement studio apartment, terribly rundown, used to cc ost me 635.00 a month in Chicago... The mortgage is 2k.... Thankful I didn't lose my job, but if I had, I'd be screwed.. this bill is a slap in the face to people losing their homes and about to be evicted.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 05:36 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Didn't quality for the $1,200-$600 last time. Don't qualify this time.

But $600.00 to even a single person living in a lower cost of living city isn't much, will float them for maybe a month.

I doubt $600 will last a month.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 05:39 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Besides giving it away to all those countries where is the rest

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 05:43 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by truejedi
Rent for a basement studio apartment, terribly rundown, used to cc ost me 635.00 a month in Chicago... The mortgage is 2k.... Thankful I didn't lose my job, but if I had, I'd be screwed.. this bill is a slap in the face to people losing their homes and about to be evicted.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 05:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by wxyz
I doubt $600 will last a month.

Most likely not. Though I do know someone who rents a small room in a trailer park and lives very meagerly, $600.00 would cover him for a month, but he's not your average person.

To the average person this $600.00 will pay some bills and buy some groceries and then it's gone just like that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 05:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
In an fairness to Trump there was a Report he wanted to give $2,000 but was advised against it by some tools.

He also wanted to give the stimulus a lot earlier but Pelosi didnt want it to go through before the election. I mean seriously could she a bigger POS?

THAT SAID you guys really have been screwed over. Every other advanced nation has given some kind of salary compensation during the pandemic. So I dont blame you guys for protesting against lockdowns. You cant tell people to stay at home and then not compensate them. Like WTF?!

Awful really awful

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 06:02 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Most likely not. Though I do know someone who rents a small room in a trailer park and lives very meagerly, $600.00 would cover him for a month, but he's not your average person.

To the average person this $600.00 will pay some bills and buy some groceries and then it's gone just like that.

It’s so hard to make money anymore unless you are a big corporation. Small business owners struggle

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 06:03 PM
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope this pandemic has shown to people how useless the Government really is.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 06:07 PM