KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is it possible for people who committed horrible crimes to redeem themselves...

Is it possible for people who committed horrible crimes to redeem themselves...
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Is it possible for people who committed horrible crimes to redeem themselves...

...in the eyes of the public?

People like rapists, murderers, child predators. In your eyes or just plain the general public's eyes, what could these horrible people who committed horrible crimes do to genuinely redeem themselves?

So, to make it clear, these are people that have been convicted, and for the sake of argument, were not sentenced to life in prison or sentenced to death, what can they do to redeem themselves once they get out?

Me personally, I think it's almost impossible. I'm not quite sure what one could do at that point.

What do you think?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 09:29 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

I think people can and should be rehabilitated. I don't know what you understand with redemption particularly.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 10:22 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Child predators? Hard no on all accounts.

Murder is a little more tricky

I’ve heard and read a lot of stories of hard cold murderers that have turned their life around in prisons, and have regretted their sins. But those individuals are 1 in a 1,000. Do I think the public would forgive said murderer, maybe. Would I? MaybeC but I would never trust them.

Serial Killers? Hard no.

Now on to the hardest one, rape.

Can I forgive a rapist? **** no!

This is where it gets tricky.
Now let’s say both were out drinking and they have sex. Wake up the next day and both individuals have no recollection, and the women cries rape. Can I forgive said man? Yes. Both were drunk, so neither one was able to consent.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 10:24 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

It depends on what we are talking about.

Are we talking about a sociapath who without proper medication feels no remorse and is very likely to commit same crimes again?

Or are we talking about a poor kid that's been brought up in criminal enterprises because of the environment they were born into?

Because ultimately those types of things matter.

Now in terms of society forgiving them that's a lot trickier to me. If the crime was so heinous that we could never feel safe with that person in public again they need to be put away for life.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 11:59 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everyone who isn't mad can be rehabilitated. Redeemed, no, especially in their own minds. The guilt for someone who understands an atrocity they committed is an atrocity and has developed a conscience and empathy, followed them it can only be a living hell. But time is strange and people forget. We are many people in our lives.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 12:07 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I don't think there is one blanket redemptive action someone can take. No trial or journey or self-reflection can redeem someone to everybody.

I do believe in people honestly wanting to get better, and the desire to redeem themselves.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 12:54 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

laughing

No.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 10:20 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

I would say so, there is a case I heard about, I'd have to look for the source, of a kid who murdered his entire family.

Today he's a fully grown adult, and leads a normal life.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 10:37 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

All sex offenders are incurable and should be placed in gas chambers and pelted with Zyklon B.

And this is coming from a former prison corrections officer who has worked with sex offenders.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 02:06 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tegmark
Restricted

Account Restricted

PDF pedo file

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 02:12 AM
Tegmark is currently offline Click here to Send Tegmark a Private Message Find more posts by Tegmark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
All sex offenders are incurable and should be placed in gas chambers and pelted with Zyklon B.

And this is coming from a former prison corrections officer who has worked with sex offenders.
Ah so you're saying you are biased and your opinion can be discarded. thumb up

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 02:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tegmark
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 02:16 AM
Tegmark is currently offline Click here to Send Tegmark a Private Message Find more posts by Tegmark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tegmark
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 05:05 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Ah so you're saying you are biased and your opinion can be discarded. thumb up
are you defending pedos?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 05:36 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Anything is possible if they truly are remorseful.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 06:04 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Predictors usually start off as victims themselves. It comes from a history of battling these issues themselves and coming to terms or not coming to terms with reality.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 06:06 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tegmark
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
are you defending pedos?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 07:03 AM
Tegmark
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by rudester
Anything is possible if they truly are remorseful.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 07:04 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tegmark

appropriate, but I don't condone such behaviour. I got the impression someone else did...😑

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 07:35 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by rudester
Predictors usually start off as victims themselves. It comes from a history of battling these issues themselves and coming to terms or not coming to terms with reality.

Bingo.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2021 10:16 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote