KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Texans can carry weapons open or concealed as of 09-01-21

Texans can carry weapons open or concealed as of 09-01-21
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Texans can carry weapons open or concealed as of 09-01-21

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/0...ry-greg-abbott/

As of September 1, 2021, residential citizens of Texas will be allowed to lawfully carry a firearm, concealed or openly, without a permit.

This is gonna both good and bad.

Lots of YouTube lawyers and Facebook attorneys are gonna get arrested or drawn down on.

I own several firearms and already have my concealed carry license, but it required a lot of paperwork and classroom time. Just because I'm a veteran doesn't make me a firearms law expert.

Opinions?

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Aug 4th, 2021 at 11:55 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 09:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment

As of September 1, 2021, residential citizens Texas will be allowed to lawfully carry a firearm, concealed or openly, without a permit.

Lots of YouTube lawyers and Facebook attorneys are gonna get arrested or drawn down on.

I own several firearms and already have my concealed carry license, but it required a lot of paperwork and classroom time. Just because I'm a veteran doesn't make me a firearms law expert.

Opinions?

quote:
House Bill 1927 eliminates the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The signing was reported by the Texas Legislature's official website, which tracks the progress of legislation. Abbott's office has announced a ceremonial signing of the bill and other gun-related legislation at 11 a.m. Thursday.

I guess the real issue is, are the state and federal laws enough to ensure the people who can carry guns are safe?

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 09:55 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

As of September 1, 2021, residential citizens Texas will be allowed to lawfully carry a firearm, concealed or openly, without a permit.

Opinions?

This is a great thing imo. The idea that firearms need to be hidden goes against basic common sense.

It's the equivilent of saying a club bouncer needs to look like a weakling, when the fact is you WANT a bully boy who looks as imposing as possible, so no one even tries testing them.

By the same logic, if I see someone with a gun I sure wouldn't mess with such a person. More confrontations diffused from just knowing someone is openly armed.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 09:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

texASS and floriDUH, still competing to be the official retard state....but floriDUH already won, with this week's record breaking new covid cases, juxtaposed wirh their anti-science trumper maggot governor preparing to send all children to class, im pretty sure the contest is over.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 10:00 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Keep up the racist fighting to disarm blacks Teg. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 10:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

that's nice, 24/7 tryhard troll who never signs off thumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 10:10 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Florida really is a retard state, I think it’s overshadowed by universal studios and Miami giving it some kind of respect.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 10:39 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: Texans can carry weapons open or concealed as of 09-01-21

Opinions?

Full disclosure - I don't own a gun, I have never fired a gun, I have no interest in them whatsoever. However, that last part where you say you had to do a lot of paperwork and take a class sounds like the kind of stuff everyone should have to do in order to carry a concealed weapon. Seems like a reasonable price to pay to prove that you actually mentally and emotionally capable of handling a deadly weapon safely.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 10:47 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I’m with backfire on this. There should be courses to prove you’re fit enough to carry a killing machine.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 10:52 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

My contention is that one should take a mandatory 8 hour class (minimum) and then qualify at a shooting range with 200 rounds. That’s a pretty basic class, and I’m a former Infantryman.

People are gonna be road raging and pull a gun and that’s aggravated assault. Some people won’t know when deadly force is legally applicable and authorized.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 11:15 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

My contention is that one should take a mandatory 8 hour class (minimum) and then qualify at a shooting range with 200 rounds. That’s a pretty basic class, and I’m a former Infantryman.

People are gonna be road raging and pull a gun and that’s aggravated assault. Some people won’t know when deadly force is legally applicable and authorized.

That sounds reasonable to me.

Will be interesting to see what happens in Texas as a result.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 11:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Re: Re: Texans can carry weapons open or concealed as of 09-01-21

Originally posted by BackFire
Full disclosure - I don't own a gun, I have never fired a gun, I have no interest in them whatsoever. However, that last part where you say you had to do a lot of paperwork and take a class sounds like the kind of stuff everyone should have to do in order to carry a concealed weapon. Seems like a reasonable price to pay to prove that you actually mentally and emotionally capable of handling a deadly weapon safely.

This is Imp we're talking about. We all know he's batshit to the maximum degree possible.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 01:54 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
This is Imp we're talking about. We all know he's batshit to the maximum degree possible.
that was sarcasm, right? laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 02:00 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

No. He's a fully certified maniac. 100% loco ese.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 02:02 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 02:17 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Re: Texans can carry weapons open or concealed as of 09-01-21

Opinions?
This isn't even going backwards to me because the wild west wasn't even this ridiculous.

Gun laws in many of those red states are less restrictive then they were during the western expansion days of the U.S.

It's a fantasy world where modern conservatives want to live where the good guys just pull out their guns and solve every problem.

The biggest problem is there are so many things that can quickly turn a 'good' guy with a gun into bad guy with a gun. A quick temper, alcohol, a life crisis event, a mental breakdown.

And to me the biggest thing that's going to cause trouble is half these people don't have the training to take up this responsibility and it's going to get people hurt.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 11:49 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Newjak
This isn't even going backwards to me because the wild west wasn't even this ridiculous.

Gun laws in many of those red states are less restrictive then they were during the western expansion days of the U.S.

It's a fantasy world where modern conservatives want to live where the good guys just pull out their guns and solve every problem.

The biggest problem is there are so many things that can quickly turn a 'good' guy with a gun into bad guy with a gun. A quick temper, alcohol, a life crisis event, a mental breakdown.

And to me the biggest thing that's going to cause trouble is half these people don't have the training to take up this responsibility and it's going to get people hurt.

Texas isn't exactly a hotbed of gun violence.

Guns don't necessarily mean violence.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 12:26 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you here, then who’s guarding bin cans in alley way a-haha

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 12:37 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by cdtm
Texas isn't exactly a hotbed of gun violence.

Guns don't necessarily mean violence.
Statistically we know that to not be true.

Now are guns the only thing that leads violence. Of course not. Poverty, improper educations, and little social programs are the environments that lead to more crime.

Guns facilitate the ability to perform more efficient violence though. Making violence a more realistic outcome.

We've seen how violent crimes are effected in countries with less access to guns after all.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 12:44 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
Statistically we know that to not be true.

Now are guns the only thing that leads violence. Of course not. Poverty, improper educations, and little social programs are the environments that lead to more crime.

Guns facilitate the ability to perform more efficient violence though. Making violence a more realistic outcome.

We've seen how violent crimes are effected in countries with less access to guns after all.
So many excellent posts today, but this might be the best thumb up

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 12:47 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote