KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dementors VS Ringwraiths

Dementors VS Ringwraiths
Started by: Aku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aku
Drunk

Smile Dementors VS Ringwraiths

I think the dementors in Potty Harry and the Prisoner (american translation convict) of Azkaban is a complete copy of the ring wraiths am i the only one who thinks this? And where the heck is the corkscrew!!!!!?????

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 12:16 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Yeah, they do look very similar

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 12:58 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aini
fallen

yeah, I thought that too when I saw em the first time in the trailer

sane

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 01:05 PM
Aini is currently offline Click here to Send Aini a Private Message Find more posts by Aini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

There are plenty of Tolkien homages in Harry Potter, as well as a few other movies.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 04:18 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cyclone

They are the same thing "Nazgul" family

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 04:58 PM
cyclone is currently offline Click here to Send cyclone a Private Message Find more posts by cyclone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

good thing i wasn't the only one who noticed that, too.

i kinda noticed that there are a lot of similarities in the HP literature that i think is inspired by Tolkien's saga.

like the names, for instance...Aragorn and Aragog (spider's name), Grima Wormtongue (Saruman's minion) and Wormtail (Lord Voldemort's follower) to name a few.

then the dementors...the first time i saw them, esp the claws/fingers, i kinda remembered the Ringwraiths...

i guess the only difference is: Ringwraiths are downright evil. Dementors don't know the difference between enemy and...well, non-enemy.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 04:45 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yea in peter jacksons "The Frighteners" the figure of 'Death' just looks like a ringwraith, even though he made that film about 2 years before production before LOTR, but i do think Dementors are too similar looking to Ringwraiths.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 07:25 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xemir

in the Frighteners the figure of death looks like death. Also can some 1 post a pic of the things from the harry poter movie I don't know wat they look and dont plan to watch that crap movie any time soon.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 02:03 AM
xemir is currently offline Click here to Send xemir a Private Message Find more posts by xemir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Pure ignorance, they are both derived from the Grim Reaper image which is very much overused in Western folklore. There is not a single original piece of work done in art or literature - everything is by necessity a copy of stuff which has already been done as that is what the artist will have been influenced by.

And for the record JKR didn't even like LOTR, but prefered the Hobbit eek!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 02:12 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

I came up with this idea tooeek!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 09:46 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

look the same very differnt

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 09:13 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote